MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

The fact that our fanbase still thinks Miami is just sitting by and doing nothing is hilarious. Rad isn't Blake James, he just isn't flapping his gums like a desperate idiot. Move in silence, let Clemson and FSU take the brunt of the abuse for trying to break up the conference. Miami is in a tough spot, we can't force the B1G to take us(The SEC isn't taking us under any circumstances), so we have to sit by and play the waiting game. Whatever happens will happen, whining accomplishes nothing.

Advertisement
I hear ya... My braindead comment was more focused on the whole of the deal not particularly SMU.... I'm just dumbfounded by the decisions the ACC is making lately.... So annoying...

The ACC knows that eventually, they will have to let FSU and Clemson walk, they are just backfilling those spots early. Makes sense when you think about it. Odds are Miami will be in that exodus, because if the SEC adds FSU and Clemson, the B1G will want to add us and UNC.

There’s no spinning this. People can hypothesize that a yes vote was an exchange for an easier or cheaper departure. If that were the case then FSU and Clemson would have voted that way. Miami, once again, is showing its *** and finding new ways to drop the ball, this time courtesy of an ineffectual leadership that won’t even be in the seat to see the detriment of this decision.
Its CIS, we already have our made up conclusions and then fit the facts as we see to fit said conclusion. Maybe its ineffectual leadership or a scarier possibility, we werent wanted by either the BIG or SEC as so many suggested. Why is it being reported that Miami was vehemetely against this?

Advertisement
Face value this is a horrendous move. Curious why we would be voting yes if the other schools who want out are voting no. If there was an angle you would think at minimum rad would have talked to the Clemson AD about it

Miami voted yes, because we have a belief that we won't be there 5 years from now anyway. The ACC backfilling spots that will be open once FSU and Clemson bail(and likely us and UNC as well), is a rational move. Barring them taking a bunch of AAC schools, this was as good as it was going to get. Frankly, the ACC should have picked off some of the Big XII schools like WVU, TCU and others years ago and combined that with SMU to form a strong Texas corridor.

This is a head scratcher for sure.

I’ve got serious concerns about our future and it has to do with alignment. And, I’m not talking about conference realignment but rather alignment within the University and with other ACC member institutions seeking to leave the conference.

This decision casts doubt over whether Rad, Rudy and other administrators are aligned with Coolio Frenk. Many might shrug that off but it’s a MASSIVE problem for Miami. If member institutions within the ACC or within the B1G perceive us as an institution that doesn’t have their ch^tt together, well that does not bode well for us.

We are rumored to be attached at the hip with f$u, Clempson, and others in an orchestrated and collective effort to depart the ACC for greener pastures and with minimal exit costs. Coolio’s decision undermines Rad and Rudy’s authority and possibly makes us untrustworthy with those looking to leave. Why would we allow f$u, Clempson, and UNC to vote “no” and do the opposite if we are truly working hand-in-hand to leave the conference?

Supporting ACC expansion might also cause the B1G to doubt the commitments made by Rad and Rudy since our President is now prone to make rash decisions. Do they truly speak on behalf of the University? Are we no longer aligned with f$u, Clempson and UNC?

Trying not to read too much into this development but, other than the hypothetical theory that we traded a lower exit fee for a “yes” vote, it’s hard to see how this advances our exit from the ACC to the B1G.
There's gotta be an angle here that we're missing. Something that we're not seeing. We're playing too nice. When people in the business world act too nice, don't trust it.

I normally try and stay out of this thread, but feels wierd just taking two west coast team if we wanted to go that route. If we took 80% of the Pac, I understand, but just Stanford and Cal feels odd.
This in my opinion was for survival for the ACC in the short term, and for those schools in the long term.

Advertisement
The fact that our fanbase still thinks Miami is just sitting by and doing nothing is hilarious. Rad isn't Blake James, he just isn't flapping his gums like a desperate idiot. Move in silence, let Clemson and FSU take the brunt of the abuse for trying to break up the conference. Miami is in a tough spot, we can't force the B1G to take us(The SEC isn't taking us under any circumstances), so we have to sit by and play the waiting game. Whatever happens will happen, whining accomplishes nothing.
Com'on it's so "on brand" for our fanbase, suddenly one of the most highly respected AD's in the country has suddenly forgotten how to AD.

I don't think we're doing nothing. It's game day and I'm ****-posting early. But after 20+ years of largely failed leadership can you really blame anyone who has a pessimistic outlook given the circumstances?

I'm sure Rad and others are doing everything they can to get us out of this God forsaken ****hole conference, but I can't fault anyone who doesn't have blind faith in this University.

Advertisement
The ACC knows that eventually, they will have to let FSU and Clemson walk, they are just backfilling those spots early. Makes sense when you think about it. Odds are Miami will be in that exodus, because if the SEC adds FSU and Clemson, the B1G will want to add us and UNC.
Why would they have to let them walk??? I haven't seen or heard anything as to why they would have their hand forced in that manner... from things I've read and stuff others have posted the contracts are pretty air tight.... I don't see where any teams have any leverage unless they dis-solve and that doesn't appear likely...

Advertisement
Frenk voting to expand removes the option to dissolve from UM's paths out of the ACC. If you're giving up that value, you better have an alternative method ready to execute for us to make up the $30M+ per year revenue gap to the SEC and B1G. From where I sit, Iooks like a poor decision

This is a head scratcher for sure.

I’ve got serious concerns about our future and it has to do with alignment. And, I’m not talking about conference realignment but rather alignment within the University and with other ACC member institutions seeking to leave the conference.

This decision casts doubt over whether Rad, Rudy and other administrators are aligned with Coolio Frenk. Many might shrug that off but it’s a MASSIVE problem for Miami. If member institutions within the ACC or within the B1G perceive us as an institution that doesn’t have their ch^tt together, well that does not bode well for us.

We are rumored to be attached at the hip with f$u, Clempson, and others in an orchestrated and collective effort to depart the ACC for greener pastures and with minimal exit costs. Coolio’s decision undermines Rad and Rudy’s authority and possibly makes us untrustworthy with those looking to leave. Why would we allow f$u, Clempson, and UNC to vote “no” and do the opposite if we are truly working hand-in-hand to leave the conference?

Supporting ACC expansion might also cause the B1G to doubt the commitments made by Rad and Rudy since our President is now prone to make rash decisions. Do they truly speak on behalf of the University? Are we no longer aligned with f$u, Clempson and UNC?

Trying not to read too much into this development but, other than the hypothetical theory that we traded a lower exit fee for a “yes” vote, it’s hard to see how this advances our exit from the ACC to the B1G.
Going Crazy GIF

Besides a few posters on here who claim that we are "moving in silence" and "will be in the Big 10 by 2026", does anyone think this is actually true. Seems that we are blindly following these posters because all of Miami's public moves tell the contrary. If Miami stays in the ACC the program is dead. It is a sad fact but it is true.

There's gotta be an angle here that we're missing. Something that we're not seeing. We're playing too nice. When people in the business world act too nice, don't trust it.
Or we have no other cards to play. Depends how much you believe "Miami has a plan". I don’t know how much faith you have stored away in the administration but my breath isn't being held.

Advertisement
Back