MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
What are you talking about??? Haven’t you seen the 1000’s of words spoken as gospel that Miami has a PLAN to exit this conference even though there is no evidence in any space that they do? You MUST not be connected enough

/s
download.jpeg-5.jpg

Advertisement
Just makes it now virtually impossible to dissolve the ACC and leave without the $120M exit fee and a 'cloudy' GOR.
From what I read it was more to protect from having ESPN renegotiate the GOR with the ACC.... The conference needs at least 15 members for the deal to stay in their favor... If it falls under - By way of various teams leaving - then ESPN has rights to squash the deal as is and renegotiate a new one which would certainly be for way less money then is already on the table.... ACC is in desperation mode it seems....
Not saying you're wrong at all, everyone is still screwed by the GOR exit fee ....

This is all SMU needed. Just get their foot in the door. Few years from now they are gonna be trouble.

It's great for us as well, due to recruiting ties. Miami has always recruited Texas well, now we have a conference mate in the area. That said, I doubt we are in the ACC 5 years from now, so one can argue the ACC is just backfilling spots that they know will be open in the near future.

Advertisement
Face value this is a horrendous move. Curious why we would be voting yes if the other schools who want out are voting no. If there was an angle you would think at minimum rad would have talked to the Clemson AD about it

This is a head scratcher for sure.

I’ve got serious concerns about our future and it has to do with alignment. And, I’m not talking about conference realignment but rather alignment within the University and with other ACC member institutions seeking to leave the conference.

This decision casts doubt over whether Rad, Rudy and other administrators are aligned with Coolio Frenk. Many might shrug that off but it’s a MASSIVE problem for Miami. If member institutions within the ACC or within the B1G perceive us as an institution that doesn’t have their ch^tt together, well that does not bode well for us.

We are rumored to be attached at the hip with f$u, Clempson, and others in an orchestrated and collective effort to depart the ACC for greener pastures and with minimal exit costs. Coolio’s decision undermines Rad and Rudy’s authority and possibly makes us untrustworthy with those looking to leave. Why would we allow f$u, Clempson, and UNC to vote “no” and do the opposite if we are truly working hand-in-hand to leave the conference?

Supporting ACC expansion might also cause the B1G to doubt the commitments made by Rad and Rudy since our President is now prone to make rash decisions. Do they truly speak on behalf of the University? Are we no longer aligned with f$u, Clempson and UNC?

Trying not to read too much into this development but, other than the hypothetical theory that we traded a lower exit fee for a “yes” vote, it’s hard to see how this advances our exit from the ACC to the B1G.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Certainly does. With 15 members it takes 8 votes to dissolve the ACC, and by adding 3 new members it will take 10 votes to dissolve. So if we want to dissolve the ACC it needs to happen BEFORE the 3 new programs are added.
or maybe with 18 teams the conference can let three leave with a reasonable settlement and still maintain the current ESPN contract which requires 15.

How about them apples?

I normally try and stay out of this thread, but feels wierd just taking two west coast team if we wanted to go that route. If we took 80% of the Pac, I understand, but just Stanford and Cal feels odd.

I thought it read 7 years ....but either way it's a horrendous deal.....
At a complete loss for words right now.... Just when I think things couldn't get any dumber things goes next level braindead....
SMU wanted out of the American, and was willing to pay to do it. That Oil/RE money is long enough to where they can eat the lack of TV revenue, if it means that once that period passes, they are getting significantly more than they did in the AAC.

I'll never get why the Big XII didn't take SMU in their last expansion, they are a perfect fit. I think that underneath it all, schools like Oklahoma State, Kansas State, etc. know that SMU in the Big XII would wipe the floor with them. I'm the son of an SMU alum, grew up around the program, they've been prepping for this day for 30+ years. I'm happy we are getting SMU at a discount in the ACC, because it adds another city school, a school in an area we recruit well from, and it's a school that is going to be firmly in the "Football School" camp. If the ACC starts falling apart once FSU, Clemson, and Miami bails, don't be shocked if SMU finally gets the call from the Big XII. It's a lot easier to sell SMU coming from another major conference, compared to the AAC.

Advertisement
Back