MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
A bunch of ill informed dopes putting up complete guesses in here.
You are correct, sir. Nobody here knows the ins and outs... so every opinion here, save for if DRad is actually a CIS member, is a complete guess.... but complete guesses, swings and misses, and "wtf are you talking about, dude", are all part of what a fan message board is for, no?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Certainly does. With 15 members it takes 8 votes to dissolve the ACC, and by adding 3 new members it will take 10 votes to dissolve. So if we want to dissolve the ACC it needs to happen BEFORE the 3 new programs are added.
Ugh. Stop making stuff up.

The "insiders" here said FSU and Miami were leaving by August 15. That ESPN was negotiating with Fox. That Miami would never vote for expansion. That there are easy ways to break an assignment. And that a majority of votes dissolves the conference and presumably that makes its assets disappear or something.

It's all message board armchair lawyer BS.

This thread should be a fun appetizer heading into the game tonight
Yes, can we have Julio Frenk’s head on a plate. Disgusted he voted this way but he has sucked for a decade outside of one day.

Terrible decision with no concessions if that is what plays out but all this really does is take the dissolution path off the table.

horrible leadership- they could have landed more teams a year go from pac12 instead of picking up two remnants.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall at UM when they discussed this. I wonder if this is a unilateral decision by Frenk or if Rudy/Rad pushed for this approach. I hope they know what they're doing but our track record isn't great.

Advertisement
I wonder what the real story/play is. Obviously it's not what we see on the surface. My guess: a lowered exit fee. (perhaps even covered by new conferences)

Yes, can we have Julio Frenk’s head on a plate. Disgusted he voted this way but he has sucked for a decade outside of one day.

Terrible decision with no concessions if that is what plays out but all this really does is take the dissolution path off the table.

horrible leadership- they could have landed more teams a year go from pac12 instead of picking up two remnants.

Adding these 3 seems like such a stretch… I have nothing against those 3 schools, but to your point, a proactive conference would have had a better plan and more attractive schools…

Palo Alto and Stanford is wonderful, but if I’m gearing up to fly to California for a football game, I was hoping for LA and USC…

SMU with TCU or Baylor… great… for Texas… Just SMU … 🤷🏻‍♂️

The ACwtfC …

I hope they know what they're doing but our track record isn't great.

Christmas In Rockefeller Center GIF by NBC

Advertisement
Back