MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
they were banking on the state legislature forcing any conference to take both NC schools. maybe they learned it wont work out that way anymore
maybe... but I do know one thing. The ACC was built on basketball, and I bet it was hard for the grey hairs making these decisions, to imagine a future where a Duke-UNC basketball game wouldn't mean a **** thing.

maybe... but I do know one thing. The ACC was built on basketball, and I bet it was hard for the grey hairs making these decisions, to imagine a future where a Duke-UNC basketball game wouldn't mean a **** thing.
well duke unc would still mean something but theyre not tied together like UNC and NCSU (both are public whereas Duke is a private school).

Advertisement
well duke unc would still mean something but theyre not tied together like UNC and NCSU (both are public whereas Duke is a private school).
Not if UNC and NCst were to leave the conference. That basketball rivalry would be destroyed. That could be why it was important for some to get NCst to flip..... if it was them that actually flipped. Just speculation on my part, though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it possible those that voted yes think this will work long term, especially if FSU and Clemson bolt in the next two years and the conference can then split the exit fees from those schools?

So can the ACC now go poach Vanderbilt from SEC and Northwestern from Big 10? Lmao.
Well...... Unless Vandy and NW are kicked to the curb, they ain't going nowhere near the ACC. That would be the very definition of "hustlin backwards". The ONLY thing that can save this **** from sinking, is the one thing that I just can't see happening, and that's for ND to join... and they ain't coming, no time soon. The higher ups of the ACC is just trying to hold on to some power until 2036.

At this point I would add Boise State, Tulane or Memphis, and UCONN to bring it to 20 teams. I’m an idiot but it appears the damage is already done so might as well expand to ensure you’re the #3 conference in front of the big 12

Boise has the football pedigree

UCONN is a top 5/10 men’s college basketball team and they’re improving in football.

Then Tulane or Memphis get the ACC into a new state and both have shown signs of being nationally competitive athletic school in basketball or football.

All contingent if we truly can’t get out of the ACC now

Advertisement
So, for now, how does a 17-team football schedule look like next year?

IIRC, some said no way ACC expands since they have schedule plans for '24

Definitely schedule SMU-Miami!

Advertisement
Back