MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
**** it. Bring the Ivy Leagues in.

Academic Coastal Conference

Harvard, Yale, Brown, Princeton, Dartmouth, Columbia, Cornell, Penn, Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, Cal.

FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Va Tech, UVA, Pitt, Ga Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville, Syracuse, Boston College, SMU.

Harvard, Yale, Brown, Princeton, Dartmouth, Columbia, Cornell, Penn, Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, Cal.

FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Va Tech, UVA, Pitt, Ga Tech, Wake Forest, Louisville, Syracuse, Boston College, SMU.

Is there truly a need to overreact to every tweet from a sportswriter?

We are not joining the Ivy League, much though it would increase the value of my UM diplomas.

Im just actin fool

Fair enough, but there are a LOT of people who overreact to every news report.

It's not personal, I just can't understand why people have to jump around every time an idiot reporter makes an idiot tweet when we've had a few people on this thread providing accurate information for nearly a year.

Advertisement
Same old same old, with regard to us.

We will ultimately end up in the Big 10 or whatever it’ll end up being called. The SEC will not take us. Not an insider but do have a very good friend that’s plugged in with the SEC, and he’s been adamant for two years that the SEC will not add Miami (mostly based on recruiting, the big schools in that conference don’t want more competition there). Only way we end up there was if Big 10 added Clemson and FSU.

As a Ivy League grad, no offense, but were fine just where we are.

Seems like one of the “reported” schools that voted against expansion (Clemson, FSU, UNC, or NC State) are gonna flip their vote.

This isn’t a bad thing for us in terms of getting out, since it gives the ACC the #’s it needs to not have to renegotiate with ESPN once Clemson, FSU, and Miami decide to leave.

Advertisement
1693239106109.png

Rivalries don't make sense, extra travel makes no sense, the TV value of these schools doesn't make any sense, nothing makes sense about this. This is about the only thing, outside of getting ND to join in football, that would make any sense for adding schools the BIG conferences don't want and an AAC school. But still seems far fetched as well. Feels like it's all for clicks and views really.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Same thing but different wording??

Yup.

I've spent a lot of posts trying to explain this, and you and some other people understand, but a lot of posters just don't get it.

Structurally, the easiset step to take would be to dissolve the conference. But there are a lot of feelings involved, and the "haves" (Miami, Clemson, F$U, and a few others) are trying to help the "have nots" to navigate this without destroying the conference and the TV deal.

Which is why I said that I'm OK with "expansion" IF IF IF we get some concessions and/or cooperation with getting the **** out. And it SEEMS LIKE that may be what's happening.

While some people want to act like "Miami voting for expansion" is a death penalty, it is not IF IF IF we get some assistance and blessing in our effort to join the Big 10.

But the last year has been insane, especially the last few months.

Advertisement
Back