MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Saw this on an Oregon website earlier and thought it was interesting...

“One lawmaker has been arguing for months that the Legislature should have the right to block moves like the one UO is planning. State Rep. Paul Evans, D-Monmouth, introduced a bill in this year’s legislative session that would have required lawmakers to bless any decision by a university to change its athletic conference.”

Sounds like another example of government over-reach to me. Regardless, even if they were going to do this the time to bring it up has long past. The cat’s already out of the bag and the damage has been done.

@TheOriginalCane saw a new long post from Genetics around FSU and Clemson being primary targets which I think we have known for a while now and then him saying every other new school would have to go at a discount. Let’s say hypothetically Miami is one of those schools, is the discount just until the next tv deal? I wonder if the calculus changes if either of those schools go to the sec

Adelson says (4) FSU, Clemson, NC & NCState opposed to adding CAL & Stanford....where do Radakovich & Frenk stand on this latest insanity? ND refuses to join ACC in football but pushing behind the scenes for Cal & Stanford.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane saw a new long post from Genetics around FSU and Clemson being primary targets which I think we have known for a while now and then him saying every other new school would have to go at a discount. Let’s say hypothetically Miami is one of those schools, is the discount just until the next tv deal? I wonder if the calculus changes if either of those schools go to the sec
Yes, you would assume the next TV deal is a blank slate. Now maybe the negotiate some incentives into the deal where CFP teams get a bonus or something. But when they negotiate the new deal beyond 2030 you'd imagine everyone is getting full share.

Adelson says (4) FSU, Clemson, NC & NCState opposed to adding CAL & Stanford....where do Radakovich & Frenk stand on this latest insanity? ND refuses to join ACC in football but pushing behind the scenes for Cal & Stanford.
👀
If only there were a 559 page thread that discusses all of this.
👀

Merged!

If only there were a 559 page thread that discusses all of this.
Lol like there was some new twist to the plot that needed a separate thread 😂

No no no, there is but one conference thread where TOC reigns supreme and one conference thread only and it is this and this is it.

If this plays out it would be just as most people expected, no one is going to make any move this year.

Which is probably with Miami is just sitting back and letting FSU publicly flail around.

Conversations behind had behind the scenes quietly. Everyone trying to figure out how to gtfo out of the GOR with minimal
Blowback.
I do believe that the FSU 'noise' did serve a purpose and have a beneficial impact. Definitely shook up people at ESPN knowing that the entire ACC conference was, to a degree, in a mild state of panic with programs outside of the "B2 candidates" all of a sudden talking to the B12 to see if landing spots did exist. True there have been talks going on behind the scenes for the past year, but I feel these past two weeks put "the desire & need to exit" in a much clearer perspective for a lot more people. During these NEXT 12 months there will be a real focus not on understanding the GOR, but rather getting the 8 teams needed to dissolve the conference on the same page so there is a cohesive effort this time next year, and it gets done. Been a crazy couple of weeks for sure.

Advertisement
Why aren't they doing **** in the American?

UCF to its credit was able to get on a roll while the Big 3 have been standing around with our thumbs up our asses.

Knights did well, caught people's attention, made a little noise fighting at welterweight. Let's see how they do moving up to light heavyweight.

Just to be clear, I agree with you and Derrick Griffin — SMU could make a jump due to the deep pockets and prime recruiting location. Y'all spot on.

Just look at nearby TCU coming out of nowhere last year.

But it's a very narrow, tenuous path to success — and if SMU nails a coaching hire, a school like UT or A&M will eventually make an offer that can't and won't be turned down.
We always talk about conference realignment destroying rivalries and tradition and I think I speak for everyone when I say I’ll really miss the “Civil CONFLiCT” between UConn and UCF

accelerated it or slowed it down? i'm guessing accelerated it.
The OR / WA and Pac 12 blowup (and the resulting shock) DELAYED the B10 in picking up ACC schools. The Big 10 HAD BEEN ready to grab 4 ACC programs ... but now having just taken OR/WA ... they might just have room for two right now. Wait another year ... they take four, the SEC takes four and the B12 takes four. Leaves ND with a scheduling agreement with the B10 and Wake / BC in some small regional conference.

Can you give an actual example of a mope crapping on good news? So if a mope expresses extreme skepticism at a Gaby claim that "UM has made up significant ground" on a 5 star DT, you consider that crapping on good news? There are a small handful of posters who I rarely, if ever, doubt (@Cribby, @Memnon, and maybe 2-3 others). Your circle of trust must be bigger than mine. Then there is another contingent of posters who like to give opinions, but they get real salty when anyone dares questions them.
I'd suggest doing a search for "5-7", "FIU", and "MTSU".

Advertisement

“One lawmaker has been arguing for months that the Legislature should have the right to block moves like the one UO is planning. State Rep. Paul Evans, D-Monmouth, introduced a bill in this year’s legislative session that would have required lawmakers to bless any decision by a university to change its athletic conference.”

Sounds like another example of government over-reach to me. Regardless, even if they were going to do this the time to bring it up has long past. The cat’s already out of the bag and the damage has been done.
They are a public institution with oversight coming from Oregon's government.

Not surprising one bit.

Advertisement

Lol they are a state institution funded by said government. Bad example.

Advertisement
Back