MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

My thought would be every team would see a sizable increase with the addition of ND as a full-time member. The question would be is the bump enough to at least get within shouting distance of the Big 2?

Show your math.

If the ACC teams are currently getting $35 million per, and ND has been offered $65 million for "itself with an ACC scheduling arrangement",

(a) prove that Notre Dame is willing to share that marginal $30 million with anyone else
and
(b) divide $30 million by 15
and
(c) demonstrate how $37 million for 15 ACC teams (including ND) constitutes a "sizable increase" or any sort of closing of the gap on the Power 2 who will soon approach $100M per school

Advertisement
Being Poor No Money GIF by CBS

Problem is Disney is bleeding money so I’m not sure ESPN has an extra 1/2 to 3/4 of a billion dollars a year for teams to divide up ,which it would take to get the schools even close to the money the B1G and SEC are going to give each team.
Very true. Unless of course the ACC would ever dare to think outside the box and try to work a supplemental deal with another network like the SEC had with CBS (big games) and ESPN (night games) or Big 10 had with Fox (big games) and ESPN (second tier games). With their track record, I'm sure the ACC is locked into ESPN and ESPN only.

Show your math.

If the ACC teams are currently getting $35 million per, and ND has been offered $65 million for "itself with an ACC scheduling arrangement",

(a) prove that Notre Dame is willing to share that marginal $30 million with anyone else
and
and
(c) demonstrate how $37 million for 15 ACC teams (including ND) constitutes a "sizable increase" or any sort of closing of the gap on the Power 2 who will soon approach $100M per school

Question?

If the ACC were to allow new schools in and the GOR was opened up for renegotiation to allow more money for those new schools does it automatically void the existing GOR leaving schools to leave if they wanted without repercussion ?

Advertisement
Very true. Unless of course the ACC would ever dare to think outside the box and try to work a supplemental deal with another network like the SEC had with CBS (big games) and ESPN (night games) or Big 10 had with Fox (big games) and ESPN (second tier games). With their track record, I'm sure the ACC is locked into ESPN and ESPN only.

Not sure but I’d say they couldn’t unless ESPN agreed to it cause they own the rights to the ACC….TOC or someone would know better than me but I’d think they couldn’t go do any other deal on their own that didn’t include ESPN

Show your math.

and
and
Yes, based on the existing **** poor deal with ESPN. However, looking at the deals given to the Big 10 and SEC, the ESPN deal is obviously well below market value.

I understand ESPN is cash poor at this moment, however, what are they left with if the ACC goes down in flames? Is it better to have a piece of something or own 100% of nothing?

Yes, based on the existing **** poor deal with ESPN. However, looking at the deals given to the Big 10 and SEC, the ESPN deal is obviously well below market value.

I understand ESPN is cash poor at this moment, however, what are they left with if the ACC goes down in flames? Is it better to have a piece of something or own 100% of nothing?

They still own the SEC

Advertisement
Untrue on all counts.

The funny thing is, you have no idea how many people I've reached out to and made peace with. Because I don't even try to tout it, I just do it.

I even tried with you, and you **** well know it. I made an honest DM effort to speak with you and share information and insight, and now you're calling me a ****. That's your choice.
you can ask RVA where I said I actually like you as a poster. I just think you come off with a **** tone w other posters. like I said, I dont actually have anything against you personally. you seem like a nice dude in DMs.

Not sure but I’d say they couldn’t unless ESPN agreed to it cause they own the rights to the ACC….TOC or someone would know better than me but I’d think they couldn’t go do any other deal on their own that didn’t include ESPN
You're probably right, but if they don't give the ACC a way to at least come close (whether it's with ESPN alone or with a second supplementary network), the ACC will be PAC12 part II and all their eggs would be in the SEC basket.

They still own the SEC
I understand that, but that's all they will have.

It's amazing to think if and when the ACC dies out, the dearth of college football programming ESPN would have compared to now. They will be going from literally games from 12pm - 2am with typically 4 or 5 games on at the same time on every one of their channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network) every Saturday to possibly 8 games each Saturday once conference play begins. I'm sure they'll have filler AAC and MAC games, but ****, it will not be the same.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Question?

If the ACC were to allow new schools in and the GOR was opened up for renegotiation to allow more money for those new schools does it automatically void the existing GOR leaving schools to leave if they wanted without repercussion ?
My guess would be no because wouldn't FSU, Clemson, etc. all vote for expansion as it would give them a way out?

Advertisement
Problem is Disney is bleeding money so I’m not sure ESPN has an extra 1/2 to 3/4 of a billion dollars a year for teams to divide up ,which it would take to get the schools even close to the money the B1G and SEC are going to give each team.

Maybe there is a wild card option. Disney said the broadcast deal is a money pit, and desperately wants to move t[BGCOLOR=initial]o a "direct to consumer" model (pretty sure they said exactly that in the last quarterly report). Before the Pac12 blew up, there was supposedly a deal in place with Apple that would pay out around 20-25 million per team. There have been rumors floating around that Iger wants to sell Disney for some insane amount to cement his legacy. Apple was interested once upon a time and might still be (Blackrock is the other potential buyer). Jobs was apparently really interested but after he died the idea fell by the wayside. If Apple does buy Disney, then maybe there is a way to have some direct to consumer games combined with the espn package, and kick in that 20+ mil from Apple on top of what the ACC gets from espn. That would put the ACC in the ballpark of the P2 for at least a few years. [/BGCOLOR]

. Just constantly crapping on any good news that comes our way.

Can you give an actual example of a mope crapping on good news? So if a mope expresses extreme skepticism at a Gaby claim that "UM has made up significant ground" on a 5 star DT, you consider that crapping on good news? There are a small handful of posters who I rarely, if ever, doubt (@Cribby, @Memnon, and maybe 2-3 others). Your circle of trust must be bigger than mine. Then there is another contingent of posters who like to give opinions, but they get real salty when anyone dares questions them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back