MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Longshot/Hail Mary scenario - ND saves ACC by joining along with Stan-Berkeley?
( I don’t get the SMU thing)

Also, sandwiches don’t kill people
SMU is basically trying to buy their way into a P5 conference. Their deep pocket boosters are willing to replace the money they would not be getting from the ACC but offering to not take anything while allowing the ACC to get into Texas and the Dallas-Metro area.

Advertisement
A could go for a club sandwich with extra bacon

1691761660251.png

Advertisement
Why are we blasting Rad and 14 other AD’s who signed the ACC/GOR deal several years ago? I don’t think any of them (or anyone else) could foresee what’s happening right now with realignment. Nobody was really talking about it until Texas and Oklahoma announced they were joining the SEC in 2021. While it wasn’t the greatest decision at the time, I’m sure everyone who’s part of it regrets the **** out of it now. The fact they signed or agreed to it years ago has nothing to do with their current feelings.
Because you never sign that kind of contract for that long ever in this media rights area. They got too focused on the tree of the acc network they forgot the forest.

Last edited:
Because you never sign that kind of contract for that long ever in this media rights area. Like got to focused on the tree of the acc network they forgot the forest

They commingled the tv deal with locking up acc teams from leaving

Why they didn’t bring in expert counsel to negotiate the tv deal is the biggest blunder in sports

This is on par with the bud light fiasco

so, are we going to a different conference or not? Which and when?
I doubt even Dan Radakovich could answer that question today. I do hope that he personally is aligned with FSU / Clemson in wanting to get out of the ACC and that UNC is also quietly behind the scenes aligned with us. At least the "expansion" didn't have enough support to even get to an actual vote so that is one positive sign.

Advertisement
I’m reading a lot of folks saying they don’t get the SMU thing. I don’t believe the “ACC” is the best fit but none of us know what the ACC will be in the years to come. SMU doesn’t just have power 5 money, they have top 10 money. It may be advantageous to any of these conferences to pick up that sleeping giant. Before they received the “death penalty” they were a big boy, and now it’s time for them to capitalize on the current situation to bring them back into the fold.

I’m reading a lot of folks saying they don’t get the SMU thing. I don’t believe the “ACC” is the best fit but none of us know what the ACC will be in the years to come. SMU doesn’t just have power 5 money, they have top 10 money. It may be advantageous to any of these conferences to pick up that sleeping giant. Before they received the “death penalty” they were a big boy, and now it’s time for them to capitalize on the current situation to bring them back into the fold.
Not our current "fold". Let's get into the B10 then 5-6 years after we're in see if it makes sense to bring them in there. In the meantime ... let's focus on getting OUT of the **** ACC.

I think SMU is a great opportunity to get into Texas. Pair them with Houston and that would be a major TV market for the B1G as they expand nationally.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Longshot/Hail Mary scenario - ND saves ACC by joining along with Stan-Berkeley?
( I don’t get the SMU thing)

Also, sandwiches don’t kill people
If you take a "take territory" view...SMU makes good sense with potential for future payoff.

Stanford and Cal? Not so much.

SMU doesn’t just have power 5 money, they have top 10 money. It may be advantageous to any of these conferences to pick up that sleeping giant. Before they received the “death penalty” they were a big boy, and now it’s time for them to capitalize on the current situation to bring them back into the fold.

You're correct DG, but ...

That Top 10 money has SMU seven games under. 500 in a G5 conference with no Top 25 finishes in the last 10 years.

Their meager local fan base makes UM look like the Green Bay Packers.

It's not like they gonna start out-recruiting UT, A&M, OU, LSU, Ark, TCU, Baylor and so on for the top kids in DFW.

Other schools got deep pockets, too

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back