MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
YouTube TV has yet to turn a profit for Google. Eventually they're going to care about that, especially when the TV stations push this through and make YTTV and all the other vMVPD's get treated like cable companies. LINK
And that is with them jacking up their prices like crazy. It will be interesting to see what happens if ESPN really does decide to go direct streaming only - how many would leave Youtube TV (or cable) b/c of that.

And that is with them jacking up their prices like crazy. It will be interesting to see what happens if ESPN really does decide to go direct streaming only - how many would leave Youtube TV (or cable) b/c of that.

Part of the reason Disney is considering offloading their broadcast properties is because while ESPN is still profitable, Disney+, like almost every other streamer, isn't, and is hemorrhaging money. That, combined with dwindling theme park attendance numbers and the billion-dollar losses from the monumental box office flops has created the perfect storm as investors have started focusing more on profits as opposed to growth.

Why do u think that? R u referring to those school’s that switched conferences or the kids stuck at the 4 who haven’t switched yet?
I woulld think underclassmen or to-be-juniors at the remaining four schools. Would you stick around and watch your program digress into a merger with the MWC? Especially if you’re (or were) highly regarded enough to be an possible All-PAC12 level player. Like the WSU LB Miami we signed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@Genetics has been throwing out "potential scenarios" and none of it has bee "as per conference sources" regarding potential ACC additions. So I don't see any reason to panic. Big question however is the SEC content with 16 or WILL THEY consider adding? For UM it would be great if the SEC, following Finebaum's comments, would grab FSU and Clemson, but there certainly are Gator fans that would balk at FSU for sure. Some comment that to make more $$ all they have to do is increase to 10 conference games but ESPN doesn't want to pay for the increased games. Looking like ESPN might be limiting the SEC expansion due to lack of $$$$.

Part of the reason Disney is considering offloading their broadcast properties is because while ESPN is still profitable, Disney+, like almost every other streamer, isn't, and is hemorrhaging money. That, combined with dwindling theme park attendance numbers and the billion-dollar losses from the monumental box office flops has created the perfect storm as investors have started focusing more on profits as opposed to growth.
Yep and if the writers and actors get their way (or anything more favorable to them in regards to streaming pay than they currently have), those services are going to lose even more money and/or have to increase their prices more.

Advertisement
Reminds me of coach speak.
😭😭😭
Man bol if you dont get your crybaby pessimistic *** on off my **** @TooColdToHold
Screenshot_20230806_150237_Chrome.jpg

Cant wait til your *** and hotshot have to eat crow along with northernvaginacane

I’m not changing one thing I’ve said. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. I’ve said I believe Miami will announce before end of this fiscal year June 30 2024. And that 2026 was what I was told was an entry year.

All that before the last week. I’ve then commented on possibility that it al could move up because THINGS change but wouldn’t be surprised if announce moved up but entry doesn’t. We shall see.

I still expect to be going to see games when it’s all said and done in the big house and not stuck in the CIS outhouse but either way I’m not running from those who act like the world is always black and white and paths can’t alter a bit towards a destination

So I still am still in the zone 🔽🔽🔽 of and will own it one way or another when it is ALL played out. Not when some whiner who wants it on their timeline says it’s bs.

And if it doesn’t happen then something massively unexpected developed and I don’t think that would have been a result of the half share Oregon and Wash moves. Death and taxes are the only certainty and that’s not me trying to give an out.

IMG_5878.jpeg

Last edited:
This is all correct except attendance. This is slightly down this year compared to last but still better than any year 2021 and earlier . 2022 shattered records and was unattainable once the rest of the country opened up.

Advertisement
In comments to ESPN on Friday, Miami athletic director Dan Radakovich echoed what Cunningham said. "Florida State is doing what Florida State feels like it needs to do," Radakovich said. "Each of our schools have to make their own decisions. But on top of all of it, we need to continue to try to make the ACC as strong as we can make it. We've got our grant of rights, we have all those other pieces that are associated with keeping ourselves together. Right now, we feel really strongly that our best course of action is to keep the ACC together and try to make it as strong as it can be."

Not a very reassuring article. Poor messaging. However, maybe Rhad the Impaler is taking a Maciavellian approach...

One observation did stand out...

"...ACC schools could simply wait for FSU to be the one to cut a sizable check on its way out the door."

Yes, in the technical application, but not in the context of what most people think when they hear 'streaming service.' YoutubeTV may stream content, but they are much closer to cable (and so is DirectTV/Dish) in what they provide as opposed to a Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc which is what I meant by streaming services.

If you want to call it something else, fine but the concern was that people would move away from traditional channel bundling where they were forced to pay for ESPN even if they didn't watch it b/c they wanted to be able to watch other channels that weren't over the air.

People did move away from cable.....me included now if you want to say it's was not as much as some expected that's fine but YouTube tv and Hulu live TV is not cable it's streaming. In my opinion I think the only reason most people stuck with cable was convenience and the unknown.

I woulld think underclassmen or to-be-juniors at the remaining four schools. Would you stick around and watch your program disgress into a merger with the MWC? Especially if you’re (or were) highly regarded enough to be an possible All-PAC12 level player. Like the WSU LB Miami we signed.

No, I totally get that; I thought bro was referring to the teams that defected. Lol. I’m like y would u transfer when u’re exposure is about to be at an all time high? Lol

Advertisement
Not a very reassuring article. Poor messaging. However, maybe Rhad the Impaler is taking a Maciavellian approach...

One observation did stand out...

"...ACC schools could simply wait for FSU to be the one to cut a sizable check on its way out the door."
Hopefully this means Rad isn’t putting all of Miami’s eggs in one basket. I want to leave the ACC for either the $EC or B1G (my preference) but if that doesn’t work out the ACC can’t sit still and implode like the PAC Down-To-4.

Hopefully this means Rad isn’t putting all of Miami’s eggs in one basket. I want to leave the ACC for either the $EC or B1G (my preference) but if that doesn’t work out the ACC can’t sit still and implode like the PAC Down-To-4.
Being real there only two Costco baskets, the next best option would be the small basket you get for the express lane.

ACC could still have a chance to pass by big 12 and get more money if espn doesn’t hold them hostage but it would still be dusted I’m dollars by sec big10. It’s just a math and market equation. They ****ed this up a decade ago. All of them.

They also can't be paralyzed into no action with a $30MM-$50MM gap in revenue.

I'm not ignoring the updates, I just think they are 63% bullish!t because there is a 20+ year track record of incompetence with dozens of examples of bad decisions.

If you had a family member who constantly lied to you and pretty much only made bad decisions for 20+ years, would you co-sign a mortgage because the family member claimed to have cleaned up his act in the last 10 months? My guess is probably not - the family member would need to earn back your trust by establishing a track record of good decisions and that will take a long, long time.
This analogy is a poor one man.

Advertisement
Back