MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I think he's correcting the person who had us ahead of FSU/Clemson here (from Fox/NBC/CBS perspective)...Not agreeing with that list saying FSU wouldn't get full share...

That's really not all that surprising though - in the last decade they have been far more successful than us and had better ratings. Will that continue into the future, if we get back to being a quality program? who knows. I think we can easily surpass them. And even if we are below FSU/Clemson to Fox right now, doesn't change that we would still absolutely have a spot in the Big10 - and get a full rev share.

And as much as the hype right now is on FSU going Big10 and same with Clemson.... I still can't see the SEC just kicking back and ONLY targeting UNC and UVA. I just don't see that as being the likely ending. I think it's still more likely than not that Clemson ends up in the SEC. I also think FSU probably want to be SEC, with really academics being the only thing seriously working in Big10s favor for FSU (over the SEC that is).

Regardless I see Notre Dame, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and UNC being full revenue shares in EITHER Big10 or SEC.

It is NOT UNSETTLING REGARDING THE ASSESSMENT OF UM. If you read the index the S classification is for schools evaluated at a FULL MEDIA SHARE FOR THE B10. THAT IS MIAMI.

FSU is a take at a partial share, same as Oregon / Washington then a chance to move up to full share.

B - Partial Share permanently (Clemson, Stanford, Cal, UNC)
C = unlikely (UVA, Va Tech, Ga Tech

So ... it looks like Clemson / FSU better head to the SEC and Miami bails to the B10 with ND.
I read this differently. Some guy tweeted a chart and Genetics shot a hole in it saying Miami was behind FSU and Clemson. Also that NC was ahead of the pac schools, at least as it relates to how they are valued by the networks.

Advertisement
Why would FSU and Clemson not get a full share in football and Miami would???

Like I get academic research but no way on what being said about this.
The chart is wrong. No chance fsu would get partial and Miami full. If fsu got partial so would miami

Let’s rewind. Fsu Clemson notre dame of course and Miami for the BIG ten only would add net positive revenue for big ten in terms of additional media rights- all members would benefit. Same as usc and Ucla.

That was not the case for Oregon and Washington which is why partial.

For sec the calculation may be different - uva and unc may (I don’t know for sure) may add more to their deal than Miami because of what getting into two new states would bring.

Good lord, the staggering level of arguing over things that are completely meaningless is mind boggling.

If the Big 10 already evaluated Miami as a full share and hasn't evaluated others, then who gives a **** if they evaluate higher?

Advertisement
I know realistically we still have a while before this happens, but they should really just accept that Football (and maybe basketball) should be separated from the other sports. Let schools be in different conferences/leagues for football than their other sports. That way UVA doesn't have to worry about dropping lacrosse, USC doesn't have to worry about the volleyball team traveling to Rutgers, etc, etc
Not to mention their historic, Men’s soccer pro’grum. I think USC, Jr. & Kentucky are the lone SEC AD w/ Men’s soccer.

Because we’re Miami bro. Duh.

B1G is actually going to pay us double what the rest of the teams get.
I know. I agree. It makes no sense. The SEC would take those two teams and not us but we’re worth double to the BIG 10? Come on

Screenshot_20230805_203853_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Do they care that much about lacrosse? And they can be an independent in that sport.
Yes, and where that sport ends up is vitally important to UVA. They are a wagon every year. They have , in my opinion, the second best player in college lax on their squad now. Not that that matters but lax is important to them.

Second biggest sport at Duke is lax.

Yes, and where that sport ends up is vitally important to UVA. They are a wagon every year. They have , in my opinion, the second best player in college lax on their squad now. Not that that matters but lax is important to them.

Second biggest sport at Duke is lax.
NW is huge in Lax and so is cuse

The Big 10 has mens Lacrosse?
Yes, it is very good. They have Hopkins in the league so maybe that is how UVA and Duke make it happen. Who knows. The ACC is a powerhouse lax conference.

B1G is excellent as well but it is only certain schools. Sort of like the ACC.

They could do a Hockey East sort of thing I guess.

Advertisement

Yes, Yet the BIG10 would choose Notre Dame over anyone... so...
Also you have to consider that FSU plays Miami every year, so that's a big rating game, but FSU and Clemson were in same division so played yearly, while we played Clemson like twice in like last 15 years? And we got those rating while we kinda haven't been good, while Clemson has had their best run in history, and FSU has been pretty good for most part...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back