MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

You clearly aren't following the numbers.

If B10 schools make $25M+ per year extra compared to the ACC it doesn't take much brain power to figure out its better to leave and pay than stay and rot.
This is how I see it. You’re still making more by leaving with that type of revenue discrepancy plus there will likely be additional revenues for research, game attendance…

Advertisement
You think the NC Legislature is going to allow NC St to be left out of it if UNC is going? I don’t see that.
NC ST is the red headed step child to UNC. That being said, both being state schools might create some issues if NC ST is not included in some deal.

NC ST is the red headed step child to UNC. That being said, both being state schools might create some issues if NC ST is not included in some deal.
I’ve lived in both NC and VA. I don’t see either legislature allowing UNC or UVA to jump if they’re not satisfied with the destinations for NC St and VT.

Advertisement
Sounds exactly like what residents of oregon and Washington said

cal said it too last year and ucla was like hold my bruin.
Different mentalities since I now live in the Bay Area and there’s clearly a difference. I know Virginia the best. Their legislators would not accept VT or UVA being left hung out to dry while the other finds safety. No way. Whether the B12 is acceptable I don’t know.

Different mentalities since I now live in the Bay Area and there’s clearly a difference. I know Virginia the best. Their legislators would not accept VT or UVA being left hung out to dry while the other finds safety. No way. Whether the B12 is acceptable I don’t know.
So they make them sink together? If the ACC is on the verge of collapse and UVA has an invite to the SEC but VT doesn't, then the VA legislators make them both sit out?

What would they do then?

I’ve lived in both NC and VA. I don’t see either legislature allowing UNC or UVA to jump if they’re not satisfied with the destinations for NC St and VT.
VT is similar in stature to NC ST although VT has an excellent engineering school and the cadets. VA and NC are different on the political spectrum so it’ll be interesting to see if they get involved at all.

Advertisement
IMO the B12 would be willing to take any and all of:

Louisville
Pitt
NC State
GT
VT
Maybe Duke because of basketball

That means only 3 or 4 other teams need to find homes in the B1G and SEC.

Miami
Clemson
FSU
UNC
[BGCOLOR=initial]are locks to leave [/BGCOLOR]

ND is a vote to dissolve

UVA would likely find a home in the SEC or B1G

The only real dissenters are probably:

WF
BC
Syracuse

Because they don't have an equivalent or better home to go to. They'd probably end up in the CUSA or something.

I don't think Duke will want anything to do with the Big12. The conference already doesn't have a great academic reputation, and it isn't helped by letting schools like Louisville. I suspect Duke will be a dissenter as well.

Our ACC deal looks better than what Oregon and Washington got from the B1G. 30 mil a year increasing by 1 million a year until the TV contact runs out. If we left the ACC we would be worse off plus in massive debt for a decade.

I don't see the Big12 being anything but a renewed conference no longer dependent on 2 teams to matter. ACC is still better. The rest is hype.

The best thing we can do is make the ACC stronger.

Obviously ND but that won't happen. Adding Stanford and Cal makes sense academically. And they have had good storied programs. Plus that's good recruiting ground out there.

Also I don't care if FSU leaves. They'll be in huge debt that they won't pay off for decades and they would only be payed pennies on the dollar. I look forward to them dropping from the big 3.

Our ACC deal looks better than what Oregon and Washington got from the B1G. 30 mil a year increasing by 1 million a year until the TV contact runs out. If we left the ACC we would be worse off plus in massive debt for a decade.

Obviously ND but that won't happen. Adding Stanford and Cal makes sense academically. And they have had good storied programs. Plus that's good recruiting ground out there.
No.

The best thing is to get out of the ACC as soon as we can. Or risk falling further behind and becoming more irrelevant than we’ve been over the past 20 years.

The window to make the ACC stronger came and went long ago

Advertisement

I don't see the Big12 being anything but a renewed conference no longer dependent on 2 teams to matter. ACC is still better. The rest is hype.

Also I don't care if FSU leaves. They'll be in huge debt that they won't pay off for decades and they would only be payed pennies on the dollar. I look forward to them dropping from the big 3.

You can't make the ACC stronger. The moment you add schools you deactive the GOR and FSU/Clemson/Unc/Miami all bolt and the conference collapses.

You can't make the ACC stronger. The moment you add schools you deactive the GOR and FSU/Clemson/Unc/Miami all bolt and the conference collapses.
I did not know that that is interesting.

I would take the chance. B1G seems to be handing out pennies on the dollar and I imagine the SEC would as well. That would give us the opportunity to renegotiate that we all wanted. Maybe we stay together?

I did not know that that is interesting.

I would take the chance. B1G seems to be handing out pennies on the dollar and I imagine the SEC would as well. That would give us the opportunity to renegotiate that we all wanted. Maybe we stay together?
FSU has made it abundantly clear they intend kamikaze themselves into the GOR absent a massive unequal revenue distribution which no one in the acc would ever agree to. They're out. They've had enough of tobacco road's bull****, and frankly, so have I. It's time for miami to get the **** out. This conference has ****ed over its cash cows at every opportunity to benefit that ******* criminal swofford.

Advertisement
Another interesting tidbit being talked about here in Charlottesville is that UVA would never go to the SEC due to them not having lacrosse. I suppose if the B1G didn't take them they would have a hard decision to make

Another interesting tidbit being talked about here in Charlottesville is that UVA would never go to the SEC due to them not having lacrosse. I suppose if the B1G didn't take them they would have a hard decision to make
Do they care that much about lacrosse? And they can be an independent in that sport.

If Miami goes to the B10 they will get full share from the outset. They DRAW VIEWERS and that is the criteria. Or / Wa don't bring in the same viewership.

You think staying in the ACC is better than becoming a full member of the B1G?

Advertisement
Back