MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Personally I go to the UK often so being called a **** doesn’t bother me much 😎😂
Hey, you ****! How the **** are ya?

Season 9 Andy GIF by The Office

Advertisement
The most fascinating thing about all of this conference realignment stuff is how schools appear oblivious to the fact that it's a dash towards mediocrity.

As the conferences become larger, your odds of winning anything decreases. Sure, it's more money, but is it worth it?

Nobody but the diehards want to watch middle of the road teams. The best you can hope for is the occasional good year, but there's not going to be a lot of room at the top.

Personally I think it all sucks. I'd be in favor of going anywhere but those two if we could NIL the **** out of recruits. It'd basically be like the BigEast days once the movers moved. Beat up on whatever conference fielding winning teams regularly and we'll see you in the playoffs.

Money from these new deals is great and all, but what are we going to do with it? Pay even more for coaches? Facilities, there's not a lot of empty land on campus, so remodel ever half a decade? Facilities aren't going to win us anything. **** is all weird to me.
Not that weird. Pretty simple. Two major conferences with the most revenue and best media partners will dominate prime time coast to coast TV viewing. Those conferences will be THE DESTINATIONS for top quality players who want to compete with the best, get the most visibility, and prepare for their shot at the NFL. Most revenue ... highest quality players ... best NIL packages. It is even being speculated that at some point the P2 might break away from the NCAA as a 40 - 60 team conference with it's own rules and regulations (NIL cap, salary cap on staff etc) similar to NFC / AFC. Players would be employees of the universities. Not what we grew up with but media $$$ changed it all. No going back.

The most fascinating thing about all of this conference realignment stuff is how schools appear oblivious to the fact that it's a dash towards mediocrity.

As the conferences become larger, your odds of winning anything decreases. Sure, it's more money, but is it worth it?

Nobody but the diehards want to watch middle of the road teams. The best you can hope for is the occasional good year, but there's not going to be a lot of room at the top.

Personally I think it all sucks. I'd be in favor of going anywhere but those two if we could NIL the **** out of recruits. It'd basically be like the BigEast days once the movers moved. Beat up on whatever conference fielding winning teams regularly and we'll see you in the playoffs.

Money from these new deals is great and all, but what are we going to do with it? Pay even more for coaches? Facilities, there's not a lot of empty land on campus, so remodel ever half a decade? Facilities aren't going to win us anything. **** is all weird to me.
The fact of the matter is you have a better chance, possibly winning the national championship from this conferences than you do actually winning the conference when you can account for the multiple bids likely to happen in the playoff

Last edited:
Advertisement
10 days to get this done.

Let’s get it moving before we fall even further behind in the arms race. If we’ve been moving in silence, then we should be ready to bolt for 2024.
I don’t believe we have 10 days only to get this done because I think that even if the schools announce I’m not 100% sure that the next round would actually be able to be absorbed and scheduled in time for 2024.

Could very well be even if you announce before the 15th as FSU is rumored to do and there’s others I think will do if they do it could be towards 2025 to allow for both integration and legal to play out. No specific info on that just a take.

If another four teams come in in terms of TV slots, the grouping needs to get another partner most likely on board (hey espn want in in exchange for gor negotiation)!or create another time slot that works that does not go against the exclusive windows FOX, CBS and NBC have (like a Friday night one).

Advertisement

So ... ND might enter the fray to dissolve the ACC? Adds one more vote to dissolve and with them getting a B10 scheduling deal does not take a spot in the B10 which leaves room for 4 ACC programs:

-SEC FSU/ Clemson
-Big 10 Miami / UNC / UVA / Va Tech
-Big 12 Louisville / Pitt
-ND B10 scheduling agreement
= 9 votes to dissolve

It's the equivalent of a cold war.

I suspect that most schools will tell you they don't like it, but are afraid that if they don't invite more big teams/move to another conference with big teams the other schools in those conferences will have more money and then how are the schools in the conferences with less money going to compete. Then it just became a vicious cycle.

As you said, you are going to have a bunch of teams that are used to having winning records even in 'bad' years who are now going to have a very good chance of having losing records and it is going to look much more like the NFL. Now I get that people like the NFL very much, but personally I don't and even if you do, they are taking the things that make college football unique away.

Advertisement
So ... ND might enter the fray to dissolve the ACC? Adds one more vote to dissolve and with them getting a B10 scheduling deal does not take a spot in the B10 which leaves room for 4 ACC programs:

-SEC FSU/ Clemson
= 9 votes to dissolve
Pure speculation here but I think FSU is more likely than not to go Big Ten over SEC but who the **** knows in that front.

Advertisement

-SEC FSU/ Clemson
= 9 votes to dissolve
ND has agreed on that vote months ago. The votes are there.

The unfortunate truth of the matter is that there’s a lot riding on having a break out season to show momentum and give the school more leverage in realignment negotiations. I’d find it amazing if the ACC doesn’t start disintegrating after this season.

ND has agreed on that vote months ago. The votes are there.
IMO we may be so focused on top of funnel when really the need is for the lower votes to get their assurances from their landing space- so maybe now that pac is sorted with big 12, and now that not 8 but maybe only 6 slots exist total in b1g (I believe they will get to 24), schools like Louisville and Pitt can temper their delusion of a big ten invite if dominos fall a certain way and can get the yes you have a home in big 12 that makes them willing to take the vote

Advertisement
Back