MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Problem is not of his making & he can’t wave a magic wand.

The problem actually is of his making (and the other acc ADs). Ra[BGCOLOR=initial]dakovich and the other acc ADs wanted to make it impossible to leave the acc when they modified the GOR. I think they succeeded.[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Miami will be last to do anything. As we have been for the last 2+ decades. We just got an indoor practice facility 6 years ago. I'm preparing myself for a new rivalry with Boise State or for us to stay in the ACC. I have more faith in the dump I just took then our admin. Also for all you **** negative reactors. If you know so much about our move then stop being cryptic school girls & come out & say it.
Washington Redskins Football GIF by NBC Sports Washington
I am thinking this too, I think we are closer to big 12 than the big 10. Which as we have said is a death sentence for program

Numerous female athletes in Pac 12 went public last night expressing their disappointment in the decision to join the Big10

Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience of crazy travel, loss of rivalries, etc., but money in college sports is driven almost entirely by football. If not for football revenue, the “Olympic sports” would be glorified intramural. Very sad, yet true.

Miami will be last to do anything. As we have been for the last 2+ decades. We just got an indoor practice facility 6 years ago. I'm preparing myself for a new rivalry with Boise State or for us to stay in the ACC. I have more faith in the dump I just took then our admin. Also for all you **** negative reactors. If you know so much about our move then stop being cryptic school girls & come out & say it.
No one knows a thing.

Advertisement
Star Trek Applause GIF

The problem actually is of his making (and the other acc ADs). Ra[BGCOLOR=initial]dakovich and the other acc ADs wanted to make it impossible to leave the acc when they modified the GOR. I think they succeeded.[/BGCOLOR]
Obviously Swofford & ACC sold the idea to conference members. Don’t know Rad’s position at the time (would be nice to know), but decision of this magnitude was made ultimately by presidents & legal counsel.

You are totally wrong. ND is in a position of strength due to it's brand ... a scheduling agreement is always an option if they do refuse to join a conference. Maybe in 4-5 years they may be forced to. But not today.
I'd actually agree with you here. They're not in a position of weakness today because of their setup with the ACC.

Once the ACC inevitably implodes though I think they'll find themselves in a tough spot with no lifelines out there for scheduling big time games.

I'd actually agree with you here. They're not in a position of weakness today because of their setup with the ACC.

Once the ACC inevitably implodes though I think they'll find themselves in a tough spot with no lifelines out there for scheduling big time games.
I disagree. Everybody still loves having ND on the schedule. It's good for ratings and all the networks would push for it.

They'll get plenty of offers with B1G and SEC teams to play against.

Advertisement

They have SOLID media partner relationships and major interest from the B10 in scheduling games with them. And don't believe for one second that the SEC wouldn't like a scheduling agreement with ND. Media partners rule and ND games vs Alabama, Georgia or Ohio State, Michigan, USC are HUGE media draws. Huge. And that is what is driving 100% of realignment ... optimizing $$$ for prime viewing slots.

Obviously Swofford & ACC sold the idea to conference members. Don’t know Rad’s position at the time (would be nice to know), but decision of this magnitude was made ultimately by presidents & legal counsel.

Rad was 1000% in favor because he desperately wanted an acc network.
[BGCOLOR=initial] [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]I think you are significantly downplaying the role of the ADs. Swofford gave the schools exactly what their respective ADs were asking for. The school presidents don't know jack **** about the media deals. This show is run by the ADs and the school presidents generally rubberstamp what the ADs negotiated. [/BGCOLOR]

As much as it pains me to say, right now the SEC is looking like the only conference with competent leadership IMO. Keeping things logistically smart and getting paid. It did kill some rivalries but the geographical makeup they kept quickly establishes new rivalries I feel.

B1G, even though they got paid, now has 4 schools out on an island logistically that has increased travel expense and time while potentially killing some great rivalry games. Not bad overall because you got paid, but SEC still smarter.

B12 instead of doing the smart thing and just going ahead and merging with the PAC-12 from the beginning, panicked and added the underwhelming likes of BYU, UFC, UH, and CIN.

ACC, has obviously farked itself by letting Swofford and the Tobacco road schools continue to call the shots agreeing to some long term GOR without any kind of equality type provisions to protect it's member schools.

As much as it pains me to say, right now the SEC is looking like the only conference with competent leadership IMO. Keeping things logistically smart and getting paid. It did kill some rivalries but the geographical makeup they kept quickly establishes new rivalries I feel.

B1G, even though they got paid, now has 4 schools out on an island logistically that has increased travel expense and time while potentially killing some great rivalry games. Not bad overall because you got paid, but SEC still smarter.

B12 instead of doing the smart thing and just going ahead and merging with the PAC-12 from the beginning, panicked and added the underwhelming likes of BYU, UFC, UH, and CIN.

ACC, has obviously farked itself by letting Swofford and the Tobacco road schools continue to call the shots agreeing to some long term GOR without any kind of equality type provisions to protect it's member schools.
Actually Yormark proposed that to Kliavkoff, he declined and only after that the Big 12 gave the green light to those G5 teams.

Advertisement

This can't be good for recruiting either. Recruits know the acc is falling apart. FSU has been vocal and annoying, but at least they are showing their recruits that they are fighting tooth and nail to get out of the dying acc. All the media chatter now is about FSU and Clemson leaving the acc. No one has mentioned UM in a while and I would wager there are some recruits that are wondering why UM is being so seemingly passive.

Advertisement
This can't be good for recruiting either. Recruits know the acc is falling apart. FSU has been vocal and annoying, but at least they are showing their recruits that they are fighting tooth and nail to get out of the dying acc. All the media chatter now is about FSU and Clemson leaving the acc. No one has mentioned UM in a while and I would wager there are some recruits that are wondering why UM is being so seemingly passive.

I prefer to think they have a new discipline instilled by Joe Echevarria and are quietly working very hard to position us in the best way possible. In the past we would have Board Members leaking all over if not just outright talking to the press.

The UM timeline. Either A. make a bad decision instantly or B. make an equally bad decision taking an eternity. We'll **** this up. It's what we do.

I prefer to think they have a new discipline instilled by Joe Echevarria and are quietly working very hard to position us in the best way possible. In the past we would have Board Members leaking all over if not just outright talking to the press.
I want to believe in Fernandez and Echevarria steering Miami towards the best possible outcome.

Advertisement
Back