MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Money eventually corrupts everything, and it’s happening to college football right before our very eyes. For most of our lives, college football was one of the only, maybe the only “pure” sport we had left. Regional identities, rivalries, school pride, are all being thrown out like yesterday’s trash. I guess it was inevitable, and I think the only thing that surprises me is how quickly this happened.
What people have said at every phase of realignment.

It has already been stated earlier in this thread on Friday by several attorneys that Sovereign Immunity will not work as there are precedents in the State of Florida for it being denied as grounds to break a contract. To me ... in the courts ... there is a huge issue of MEDIA REVENUE DISPARITY now and at the time the GOR was initially executed. No university / AD would have entered into a GOR if they had any idea that the MEDIA REVENUE DISPARITY between the conferences, especially when ESPN runs both the ACC and SEC media platforms, would become significant. Now it is reaching and exceeding disparities of 100% and more. THAT is not a sustainable reality in the modern (ie past 2 years) world of sports media broadcasting. Programs are literally fighting for their lives.

Clown post of the entire thread. Yeah ... ND is going to join full time. They have NO NEED to do anything but support the dissolution of the ACC so they have all of their game scheduling rights back and then their media partners set up MAJOR scheduling deals with BOTH the B10 and SEC. That way they can make more than being a member of either of the B2 conferences. 5 games with each, and 2 games for traditional rivalries. Done.
lol this idea is just as silly as the one you quoted...neither the BIG or SEC is going to do anything to help ND stay independent.

The way it's looking, either they find a conference or good luck filling a schedule worthy of a top 12 playoff spot

Advertisement
The remaining PAC teams should just merge with the Big 12. Then the ACC should dissolve across the BIG, SEC and Big 12. Rip off the bandaid and call it a day.

lol this idea is just as silly as the one you quoted...neither the BIG or SEC is going to do anything to help ND stay independent.

The way it's looking, either they find a conference or good luck filling a schedule worthy of a top 12 playoff spot

That only comes into play if the ACC implodes. They have no problem getting games.

Advertisement
Miami will be last to do anything. As we have been for the last 2+ decades. We just got an indoor practice facility 6 years ago. I'm preparing myself for a new rivalry with Boise State or for us to stay in the ACC. I have more faith in the dump I just took then our admin. Also for all you **** negative reactors. If you know so much about our move then stop being cryptic school girls & come out & say it.
Washington Redskins Football GIF by NBC Sports Washington

Advertisement

You are totally wrong. ND is in a position of strength due to it's brand ... a scheduling agreement is always an option if they do refuse to join a conference. Maybe in 4-5 years they may be forced to. But not today.

Advertisement
I feel like we should be full blown panicking…. Oregon and Washington before us I think causes they BIG to wait a few more years before adding more
Wrong read on the situation. B10 has room to get to 24. They moved up their acquisition of OR / WA by 4-5 years due to the unexpected collapse of the Pac 12. Their next target HAD BEEN the ACC. Now the ball is in our court ... dissolve the ACC and make the move. Finebaum commented yesterday that FSU / Clemson DO have a home in the SEC. He doesn't make comments without some basis in fact (even though he is a total douche). Reality is that for reaching a NEGOTIATE EXIT FROM THE ACC having FSU / Clemson WANTED by the SEC is a great advantage. ESPN / SEC reach an agreement with FSU / Clemson on a reasonable GOR payout ...then that automatically applies to others wanting to exit. Bye.

Ok, here’s the plan. Defeat Clemson and FSU THIS YEAR. Then tank the rest of the season in true Miami fashion. Tell them to STFU.

ACC is preserved!

Advertisement
Back