MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

this gets better by the second, hahahaha

@TheOriginalCane @Wake_Cane @Cribby

you always try to remain silent on the choice of law or agree to the law in the state youre based in. because this was an agreement signed by many diff schools in diff states, i expect that they all wanted to remain silent here and you cant have like 15 diff agreements with 15 diff schools with diff terms. you want to remain as consistent as possible.

to add, this is not uncommon with agreements. the only time where choice of law often times doesnt get moved to silent is when the institution is international.

Advertisement
How the **** can FSU, a state run institution raise private equity money? That seems either illegal, a conflict of interest, or all of the above.

you always try to remain silent on the choice of law or agree to the law in the state youre based in. because this was an agreement signed by many diff schools in diff states, i expect that they all wanted to remain silent here and you cant have like 15 diff agreements with 15 diff schools with diff terms. you want to remain as consistent as possible.
which is people have stated on here that the gor is not a contract, its a piece of paper lawyers tend to spit on

Advertisement
clemson is oging to the SEC not big 10.

FSU i think is going to SEC but thats up for debate.

I dont see VT going to the big 10. I see ND doing a scheduling agreement w b10 again.

im not saying the big 10 doesnt give us higher ratings, but out of the teams you listed - ND, OSU, Mich, USC, and FSU would move the needle for the casual fan imo. i think in general the big 10 favors us more than any conference just based on our student profile and where the alumni are. we have a lot mroe alums in the b10 markets than we do anywhere in the SEC. it would be fun.

No one knows for sure, but I’ll say it again

ESPN and their diminished wallet control who gets a SEC invite

Says the guy that doesn't know proper English. Been to many SEC games and don't remember seeing very many toothless hicks.
someone took it personal i see.

we arent going to the sec. enjoy the big 10.

id also invite you to take a walk around campus (which many canes fans cant even find).

Advertisement

Gonna be interesting to see how this ends.

miniGif_20211113130610.gif

clemson is oging to the SEC not big 10.

FSU i think is going to SEC but thats up for debate.

I dont see VT going to the big 10. I see ND doing a scheduling agreement w b10 again.

im not saying the big 10 doesnt give us higher ratings, but out of the teams you listed - ND, OSU, Mich, USC, and FSU would move the needle for the casual fan imo. i think in general the big 10 favors us more than any conference just based on our student profile and where the alumni are. we have a lot mroe alums in the b10 markets than we do anywhere in the SEC. it would be fun.
I mean, I CLEARLY stated "in my scenario" and there has been (legit or not) smoke about both to B1G.

Agree on the larger points but I think people are almost ignoring a quite possible future in favor of the present and relatively recent past. The SEC might be the best conference now but IF B1G expansion goes to 24 WITH the teams currently being speculated about then the B1G instantly claims that title in relation to "top to bottom" quality.

I don't think there would be programs left or even poachable Big 12 ones to begin to make up that difference either. Then they run the risk of being almost as top heavy as they are now for an even more prolonged time as a regional conference where your Arkys and Mississippi States and Kentuckys and Mizzous etc etc aren't ever REAL consistent threats.
True to a certain extent, but neither will Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Iowa, etc. My opinion it will be #1 and #1A and will probably change year to year.

How the **** can FSU, a state run institution raise private equity money? That seems either illegal, a conflict of interest, or all of the above.
I am guessing it is b/c they previously moved their athletic department to be private

Florida State University is privatizing its athletics department, effectively allowing it to operate like a corporation that’s shielded from public-records requests.

EDIT: Updated with a story that is not behind a paywall

Advertisement
someone took it personal i see.

we arent going to the sec. enjoy the big 10.

id also invite you to take a walk around campus (which many canes fans cant even find).
Never personal. Just tire of ignorance. I prefer the BIG since I live in the Chicago area.

Advertisement
which is people have stated on here that the gor is not a contract, its a piece of paper lawyers tend to spit on
well, id say this - idk if it is enforceable or not. none of us have seen it (or at least i havent so i cant say it is or it isnt). i am sure that all these schools have been billing out cntract lawyers at akerman, HK, etc. to review the agreement to find a loophole or an out. either way, that part i cant comment on. i was only referring to the choice of law as tom mars thought this was some crazy thing (it isnt). we use this often where i work with all of our agreements because theyre always international and out of state agreements. only time we ever end up using the home state law is when the other side just misses it and signs it or both are located in the same state

Never personal. Just tire of ignorance. I prefer the BIG since I live in the Chicago area.
fwiw, i have been to SEC games too. its a joke (the comment not the games), but in terms of our school, the big 10 is a better fit. UF is barely a fit for the SEC due to the large amount of "City" kids enrolled (Orlando and Miami (tampa is a bit southern still but thats changing post covid)). miami would be an insane culture shock lol. with our alumni, the big 10 market would make our away game attendance even better.

Advertisement
Back