MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
That is a really tough question to answer. Problem is that neither one generates VIEWERS and the "academic fit" is not sufficient for addition to the conference. The "TV Math" has to work in order for them to warrant getting paid. Only POSSIBLE way Ga Tech would be a take would be at a permanently reduced share. The magic number is a minimum of 4 million viewers per game televised and Ga Tech doesn't come close to half of that number. FSU / Clemson are just above it and Miami is at 3.8 million (based on evals done by @Genetics56 and discussed last night on a podcast). If expansion candidates don't generate viewers and sponsor money they don't qualify. Duke might end up in one conference for BB and another for football, but not the B10.
I think if GT could get their program back on track, they could increase their viewership substantially. Above 4 million probably not. But planting a BIG flag in one of the best recruiting states may be enough.

I think if GT could get their program back on track, they could increase their viewership substantially. Above 4 million probably not. But planting a BIG flag in one of the best recruiting states may be enough.
GT would make an attractive prize to either Big12 or Big 10.

Again, its about encircling your adversary

Advertisement
Heard ND is trying it’s damnest to stay Independent, & it’s via nepotism & cronyism through two deals.
Most believe ND will remain independent regardless of what happens with "realignment" and they will have a scheduling agreement with the B10.

The main issue for new B10 members is passing the TV math evaluation. It either makes $$$ or it doesn't.

That is a really tough question to answer. Problem is that neither one generates VIEWERS and the "academic fit" is not sufficient for addition to the conference. The "TV Math" has to work in order for them to warrant getting paid. Only POSSIBLE way Ga Tech would be a take would be at a permanently reduced share. The magic number is a minimum of 4 million viewers per game televised and Ga Tech doesn't come close to half of that number. FSU / Clemson are just above it and Miami is at 3.8 million (based on evals done by @Genetics56 and discussed last night on a podcast). If expansion candidates don't generate viewers and sponsor money they don't qualify. Duke might end up in one conference for BB and another for football, but not the B10.
At this point, ACC exploding is an inevitability. It's looking like it may happen sooner rather than later. But it'll happen nonetheless.

With that said, I guess for the lower tier programs (Duke, GT, Syracuse, Wake Forest) there's really only two options. You sit and wait for the ACC to blow up then just find a home in that 4th ranked conference (probably the AAC). Or get a head start and desperately try to get into the Big 12 before it's too late. Unfortunately for them, I don't think the Big 12 would have any interest in bringing these teams in. Maybe Duke though.

Those mid-tier programs (NC State, Louisville, Virginia, VT) are probably going to find a home in the Big 12 regardless of timing. There's even a possibility that a few of these get a B1G or SEC invite because of their geographic location. So what's the rush in leaving the ACC?

So if 8 of the teams in the ACC are sitting there thinking some of the above thoughts, there's not a TON of incentive to blow up the ACC asap.

Now if the B1G or SEC has decided they want a Virginia, GT, VT, NC State, etc. then I'm jumping on a call ASAP with FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC figuring out how to blow this **** up ASAP.

Advertisement
FSU seems like a better fit in the SEC. I wonder if their recent public campaign is to put some pressure on the SEC to do something since they'd rather be there than the B1G?

FSU is sitting on their hands doing Jack **** until they have a bigten offer

I keep telling you guys, SEC is not controlling their expansion. Cash strapped ESPN is holding the checkbook and is the gate keeper

Would winning big games consistently up Miami's viewer number?

Advertisement
The problem is that it got lost in the last 100 pages of bull**** and CIS ****ing matches…

And people that haven’t been following are left with the negative end of it:
- I know more than you
- Things are happening fast
- lots of moving parts
- it’s complicated
- Miami feels good here…

Which if those same posters are following the Recruiting Board, it sounds like a bunch of bull****…
you mean it’s a message board?

😱

Advertisement
I think we’ve reached a point in this Groundhog Day thread that someone brings up the GOR is through 2036 and level set the group since FSU has everyone bothered…
Have we reached the point where it's time to talk about pro wrestling yet?

Brag Ric Flair GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Back