MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I’m not doing anything to you for that and I actually disagree with him given the expanded playoffs I think we’ll see and the improvement in our own program but he’s not some random ******* who should be treated that way.
Fair enough. Guess I only see the random ******* takes which is the same in every thread I ever see

Advertisement
The insult is not warranted for a poster of his caliber and only proving his previous point as to why he stops posting and giving his opinions on things, whether we agree with them or not.

People can’t handle him saying anything negative about UM.
It’s all good, as you can see I’m not even engaging with him because it’s not necessary.

But it’s hilarious how people immediately respond with insults to a difference of opinion, something I never do, but then want to make me out to be the bad guy lol.

Instead of arguing the point they attack me because that’s their issue, it’s not the opinion, it’s who it’s coming from.

I see the absolutist negative takes, as @WaterburyCane is raising the point, but let’s save the attacks for the MackBammer types. 😂
Can you prove that Mackbammer and @Memnon are not the same person?

Eddie Murphy Laughing GIF

1st of all, good chance playoffs expand, so you wouldnt need to win the conference, especially if you are in the SEC and B1G

If you read my post, I agree with your points

Now point to me where “y’all” said we could get to the playoffs in those conferences under Onion, Golden, Richt, or Manny?

Things need to change and we need to get our **** together. Im not going to speak for others. Its your absolutist attitude and comment is what I had issue with and I just think it’s obnoxious imo

But 1st Amendment man
I have no problem with that.

I probably shouldn’t have said “Never”, but just the odds aren’t as favorable even with an expanded playoffs.

Unless it goes to something like 16 teams lol

Advertisement
Never won the conference we played in
Never made the playoffs from our very average conference

But moving to a harder conference will increase our odds in doing both of those things?

I get the business aspect of it, because ultimately its about money, but somehow I’m the crazy one because a team that has been perennial underachievers for the greater part of 2 decades is suddenly gonna win more under more difficult circumstances...

If yall say so 🤷🏽‍♂️
What does the last 2 decades have to do with the state of the program today? There is no comparison. You ignore that the university has raised and invested more money into the program in the last year and a 1/2 than it has for decades. From facility’s, NIL, recruiting budgets, coaching staff, entire new AD, potential stadium (believe it or not), etc. The school finally gives a **** and is working to win #6. Will it happen? Who knows. Odds are against us. But god ****, if I our basketball program can make it to the Final 4 in such a short period of time then I have to think we have a legit opportunity to compete in Football in a couple of years.

It’s all good, as you can see I’m not even engaging with him because it’s not necessary.

But it’s hilarious how people immediately respond with insults to a difference of opinion, something I never do, but then want to make me out to be the bad guy lol.

Instead of arguing the point they attack me because that’s their issue, it’s not the opinion, it’s who it’s coming from.
I used to think you overdo it with this point - and I still will think that if you start posting how everyone hates you, which isn’t true - but I can see that the standard you are held to isn’t imagined by you either. It’s like there’s an element of respect on your opinion that’s so valued here that when you say something people don’t want to hear, it’s upsetting. 😂

I have no problem with that.

I probably shouldn’t have said “Never”, but just the odds aren’t as favorable even with an expanded playoffs.

Unless it goes to something like 16 teams lol
I think and hope it goes to 16. At a 4 team playoff we’d have little chance in the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
Winning conference championships will become less relevant once the playoffs get bigger and super conferences begin. Unfortunately, this will apply to the regular season, too. I suspect we will be seeing 2 loss and 3 loss teams in playoffs in certain scenarios. The majority of the playoffs will be SEC and Big 10 programs.
In general, I agree with you. It will depend on which tier your school is in though.

Bottom tier - G5 schools actually have a much better chance of making the playoffs. The expanded playoff guarantees a slot to the best G5 conference winner. Now, they'll need conference title and best won-loss record of G5 schools. If you win your conference and have best won-loss record, you're in. Cincy was the only one to get in under the old format.

Middle tier - Big XII and if the ACC/PAC remnants form a conference. Winning conference gets you in. One loss may allow you into the playoff as well, but probably not. Playoff chances for this group will be about the same as they were before the change to the Big 2.

Top tier - Big 10 & SEC - College basketball. Regular season counts, but it is far from do or die each week. 2 or fewer losses and you will pretty much be assured of a spot in the playoff. Much easier odds to make the playoff for this group.

Big 10 and SEC rarely play each other now in the regular season, will become even rarer - except for instances where state governments mandate it (i.e. Florida vs. FSU if FSU goes Big 10).

Advertisement
Never won the conference we played in
Never made the playoffs from our very average conference

But moving to a harder conference will increase our odds in doing both of those things?

I get the business aspect of it, because ultimately its about money, but somehow I’m the crazy one because a team that has been perennial underachievers for the greater part of 2 decades is suddenly gonna win more under more difficult circumstances...

If yall say so 🤷🏽‍♂️
USC and UCLA had more chances to stack conference titles and go to the CFBP in the Pac 12 than in the B1G, but what have they done?

It is not a choice between difficult and easy circumstances, it’s a choice between living or dying.

But, sure, y’all would prefer to throw 50000000 yards in the Sun Belt Conference.

Advertisement
USC and UCLA had more chances to stack conference titles and go to the CFBP in the Pac 12 than in the B1G, but what have they done?

It is not a choice between difficult and easy circumstances, it’s a choice between living or dying.

But, sure, y’all would prefer to throw 50000000 yards in the Sun Belt Conference.
Some of y’all miss points like Mario misses weekend commitments.

In general, I agree with you. It will depend on which tier your school is in though.

Bottom tier - G5 schools actually have a much better chance of making the playoffs. The expanded playoff guarantees a slot to the best G5 conference winner. Now, they'll need conference title and best won-loss record of G5 schools. If you win your conference and have best won-loss record, you're in. Cincy was the only one to get in under the old format.

Middle tier - Big XII and if the ACC/PAC remnants form a conference. Winning conference gets you in. One loss may allow you into the playoff as well, but probably not. Playoff chances for this group will be about the same as they were before the change to the Big 2.

Top tier - Big 10 & SEC - College basketball. Regular season counts, but it is far from do or die each week. 2 or fewer losses and you will pretty much be assured of a spot in the playoff. Much easier odds to make the playoff for this group.

Big 10 and SEC rarely play each other now in the regular season, will become even rarer - except for instances where state governments mandate it (i.e. Florida vs. FSU if FSU goes Big 10).
Big change coming as the Big 2 conferences become a reality. Especially with a 24 team Big 10 that will be dominating national broadcasts from coast to coast. Recruiting will change with elite recruits being driven more than they are even now to be part of the Big 10 and SEC as the Pac 12 and ACC will be weaker than now or gone and the B12 will be almost a farm team for the two major conferences. Going to be very hard to have high quality rosters if you're not in one of the two big conferences.

Advertisement
Back