MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Ok, sitting members wouldn't have voted for USC and UCLA if they had travel concerns.

Do you know how much money and power are at stake here? Do you really think that "travel concern" is a thing?

Exactly.

This is the reason why Oregon is never getting into the Big 10:

1690557400486.png

What? So the Big 10's strategery with having to travel to a couple of locations in LA...would be to add MORE west coast schools? That doesn't make any sense.

Do you even think about this as you read these bogus stories on the Pac 12 websites?
What some on the West Coast were saying is that by adding additional West Coast programs they could be full time rivals of USC and UCLA so those programs would be playing a couple more games out West ... lessening the travel requirement on THEM a bit. Makes no sense in today's environment. Charter flights leave from regional airports, no lost time in security etc. LA isn't a long distance from the Midwest. Travel is part of football. Adding Washington and Oregon is way down the list of B10 priorities at this time. Get the cream of the ACC and a scheduling agreement with ND, get those programs playing in 2026, then look at Oregon / Washington if it makes any sense in 2030.

Why do people think that there is only "movement" with one particular school that is more blabby about their intentions?

Do people seriously think that the Big 10 is only going to invite one additional school to join?

I thought most posters were OK with Miami moving in silence?

I’m totally fine with the silence, just curious around timing that’s all. Fully confident in the fact we won’t be in the ACC sooner rather than later

Advertisement
Yes but who is to say the BIG 10 doesn't move to Wash. Oregon, Stanford and Cal if they want to expand?

🎯

SEC (add Miami, Clemson, FSU, Ga Tech, UNC, NC State, UVA, Va Tech, WVU and subtract Missouri)

B1G (add Cal, Duke, Kansas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, Washington)

The ACC leftovers (BC, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and Wake) to the Big 12

I think people got tired of speculation and want news (just like the nike thread). this is stuff we can't control so whenever it happens, it happens but I just know it's b10. we didnt just get AAU membership after years of not having one and then publicly announcing by mistake

Right. But people can't pick and choose what they want and when they can have it.

Not all of this is "speculation". There are a lot of things that cannot be expressed with certainty. And if people want to wait around for the "news", then they can save the $25 ad-free and spend it on Miami Herald home delivery.

People can't just come to this website and then whine about the fact that "inside information" is not quite ready for journalistic publication. I thought posters wanted to learn a little bit about what was happening before it becomes official, but I guess they would rather rehash all of our worst losses over the past 20 years and then talk about how we should fire our AD and coaches and start fresh for the seventh time in two decades.

I guaran-*******-tee you that if Andrew created a "Speculation" prefix for these threads, the same complainers would still open those threads and complain about the lack of "actual news".

Right. But people can't pick and choose what they want and when they can have it.

Not all of this is "speculation". There are a lot of things that cannot be expressed with certainty. And if people want to wait around for the "news", then they can save the $25 ad-free and spend it on Miami Herald home delivery.

People can't just come to this website and then whine about the fact that "inside information" is not quite ready for journalistic publication. I thought posters wanted to learn a little bit about what was happening before it becomes official, but I guess they would rather rehash all of our worst losses over the past 20 years and then talk about how we should fire our AD and coaches and start fresh for the seventh time in two decades.

I guaran-*******-tee you that if Andrew created a "Speculation" prefix for these threads, the same complainers would still open those threads and complain about the lack of "actual news".
MTSU vs FIU.. which was worse?

Advertisement
BS article....247 sports is trash

Covering realignment isn't like covering a game or a coaching search or a breaking news story.

A lot these mainstream reporters — both traditional and online media — simply regurgitate what they're told by sources who are lying for strategic purposes.

Flugaur basically says that the ACC is evaluating expansion candidates but so far hasn't found a viable candidate that would add value to the conference. Programs looked at so far include West Virginia, SMU, Oregon and Washington. Greg basically said "good luck with anybody but perhaps SMU even considering signing a GOR that goes through 2036 with a low payout". So he is saying the GOR handicaps the ACC ability to even consider adding teams. He sees the ACC as being in a very weak position. ( my edit: unless they can get creative and get together with the Pac 12 and all media partners and come up with a merger and totally new media deal).

Flugauer is terrific on realignment, especially for a YouTuber. He's done a very good job of cultivating sources who share legit background info that helps him piece together where things may be headed

The top mainstream realignment reporters would be Pete Thamel (ESPN), Brett McMurphy from Tampa (Action Network) and Ross Dellinger (Yahoo).

I'd de surprised if it's not one of those three who breaks the story when (not if) the ACC collapse begins.

Yes but who is to say the BIG 10 doesn't move to Wash. Oregon, Stanford and Cal if they want to expand? Keeps UCLA and USC happy Leaves the ACC to get picked between the BIG 12 and SEC.
Every single thing you just said is incorrect. UCLA and especially USC do not want and did not want last year Oregon to join them. They want the West Coast for themselves.

Fox does not want those other teams ahead of other options like the ACC schools.

I really have no idea why people keep going through this as if Washington and Oregon didn’t wanna go last year right away and were denied.

Covering realignment isn't like covering a game or a coaching search or a breaking news story.

A lot these mainstream reporters — both traditional and online media — simply regurgitate what they're told by sources who are lying for strategic purposes.

Flugauer is terrific on realignment, especially for a YouTuber. He's done a very good job of cultivating sources who share legit background info that helps him piece together where things may be headed

The top mainstream realignment reporters would be Pete Thamel (ESPN), Brett McMurphy from Tampa (Action Network) and Ross Dellinger (Yahoo).

I'd de surprised if it's not one of those three who breaks the story when (not if) the ACC collapse begins.
Lol all he does is talk about other people’s posts and articles

Advertisement
🎯

SEC (add Miami, Clemson, FSU, Ga Tech, UNC, NC State, UVA, Va Tech, WVU and subtract Missouri)

B1G (add Cal, Duke, Kansas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, Washington)

The ACC leftovers (BC, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and Wake) to the Big 12
That scenario is NOT happening. Big 10 priority is State of Florida .... Miami and FSU for geographic expansion, premium game programming, and the fact that the State of Florida is a huge B10 residential area due to migration from the Midwest and NE over the past 25 years. SEC has NO interest in Miami while the B10 does.

More likely scenario:
Big 10 adds Miami, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech (or UNC / UVA along with Miami and FSU) and a scheduling agreement with ND.
SEC adds Clemson, UNC, NC State, Va Tech

Miami is B10 bound period ... and ND will make a scheduling agreement with the B10 ... after that nobody knows who will end up where.
The B10 didn't want to add Oregon / Washington until the cream of the ACC was added. Who knows what will happen right now with the Pac 12 basically collapsing. Oregon and Washington might bail to the B12. The B12 conference phone has been ringing off the hooks the past 24 hours. If several ACC schools make an announcement on August 14 then the leftovers from both the Pac 12 and ACC might try to form an alliance to TRY and get a media deal with somebody.

What? So the Big 10's strategery with having to travel to a couple of locations in LA...would be to add MORE west coast schools? That doesn't make any sense.

Do you even think about this as you read these bogus stories on the Pac 12 websites?
Hey @Tony4Miami i like you. Please stop this rabbit hole of wrong.

USC almost has the veto over this like Florida has on Miami, until other options are exhausted like acc or ground moves. It would have been done last year if they wanted it

Advertisement
That scenario is NOT happening. Big 10 priority is State of Florida .... Miami and FSU for geographic expansion, premium game programming, and the fact that the State of Florida is a huge B10 residential area due to migration from the Midwest and NE over the past 25 years. SEC has NO interest in Miami while the B10 does.

More likely scenario:
Big 10 adds Miami, FSU, Ga Tech, Va Tech (or UNC / UVA along with Miami and FSU) and a scheduling agreement with ND.
SEC adds Clemson, UNC, NC State, Va Tech

Miami is B10 bound period ... and ND will make a scheduling agreement with the B10 ... after that nobody knows who will end up where.
The B10 didn't want to add Oregon / Washington until the cream of the ACC was added. Who knows what will happen right now with the Pac 12 basically collapsing. Oregon and Washington might bail to the B12. The B12 conference phone has been ringing off the hooks the past 24 hours. If several ACC schools make an announcement on August 14 then the leftovers from both the Pac 12 and ACC might try to form an alliance to TRY and get a media deal with somebody.
ND fits better with the big 10 than any other conference (esp given their longstanding rivalries with the b10 schools before they did the ACC partnership).

GA tech will never be let back into the SEC (they were an original member).

Clemson is for sure SEC bound imo. they fit the conference better than they do the ACC. I agree on UNC, NCSU and I think Tech goes to the b12.

UVA to b10 is also a certain imo.

Advertisement
Back