MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I have to wonder what's REALLY going on behind closed doors. Seems like some coaches are using their realignment possibilities for crootin. I would think lots of the upcoming croots will base their decisions at least partly on what conference they'll be playing in. (Or with NIL $$$) does it even matter? 🤔 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
I have to wonder what's REALLY going on behind closed doors. Seems like some coaches are using their realignment possibilities for crootin. I would think lots of the upcoming croots will base their decisions at least partly on what conference they'll be playing in. (Or with NIL $$$) does it even matter? 🤔 🤷🏾‍♂️
chess GIF

You raise some very good points. There's a limit on how many local affiliates can be owned by a network, and I'm sure they are not buying up the station in Des Moines, Iowa.

I've tried to tell people that this **** is 7D chess, not just "but this school has X number of fans and won Y football games last year".

Reports about pending conference realignment, that something hasn’t happened, are always interesting to me because as we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns, that is to say we know there are somethings we do not know. But, there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don’t know we don’t know.

I’m not going to say where conference realignment is right now, as I’ll let the mere mortals try to keep up with this conversation.

C8X5xlontnNLcuNmVS (1).gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reports about pending conference realignment, that something hasn’t happened, are always interesting to me because as we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns, that is to say we know there are somethings we do not know. But, there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don’t know we don’t know.

I’m not going to say where conference realignment is right now, as I’ll let the mere mortals try to keep up with this conversation.

View attachment 243011

I've always thrived on finding the unknown unknowns - to my legion of disappointments.

These critical Conference concerns can constipate a person, and you know what that person becomes full of . . . after extended constipation?

I'm more concerned with what color shirts our coaches will wear to our first game.

View attachment 243011
did you work for Rumsfeld? See #12 below (actually, worth going over all 40 ideas postulated by Gurwinder)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I honestly love PSU fighting for us. They were my team before I left Philly for Coral Gables to attend UM. Would love matchups with PSU on a regular basis.
This. I used to strongly prefer SEC to B1G for Miami - mainly for geographical reasons and the places we'd be playing are more convenient.

Now I'm seeing the allure to the B1G and why it makes more sense for Miami - Penn State, Nebraska, Ohio State, etc. all seem to want Miami. OSU for recruiting but the others to rekindle the old rivalries. We have lots of history with those teams and they are great venues. Bring ND along and our schedule is like an 80s, 90s, 2002 rivalry tour and then mix in trips to USC, UCLA, The Big House, etc. I'd also like to see VT end up in the B1G with us to keep that rivalry alive.

I still prefer the ancillary conference games with bottom feeders of the conference in the SEC vs B1G - I'd much rather see Missouri, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Miss State than Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois, etc. but the other matchups have far more meaning than it would against Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, etc... basically everyone except Florida and FSU if they end up in the SEC.

This. I used to strongly prefer SEC to B1G for Miami - mainly for geographical reasons and the places we'd be playing are more convenient.

Now I'm seeing the allure to the B1G and why it makes more sense for Miami - Penn State, Nebraska, Ohio State, etc. all seem to want Miami. OSU for recruiting but the others to rekindle the old rivalries. We have lots of history with those teams and they are great venues. Bring ND along and our schedule is like an 80s, 90s, 2002 rivalry tour and then mix in trips to USC, UCLA, The Big House, etc. I'd also like to see VT end up in the B1G with us to keep that rivalry alive.

I still prefer the ancillary conference games with bottom feeders of the conference in the SEC vs B1G - I'd much rather see Missouri, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Miss State than Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois, etc. but the other matchups have far more meaning than it would against Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, etc... basically everyone except Florida and FSU if they end up in the SEC.
I think over time that the SEC will probably continue to be a better football conference.

But the B1G will be better for pretty much everything else. Better national conference. Better at most other sports. Better academics. Better research schools. Generally will be richer schools as well. I think being in the B1G will be better for the University of Miami as a whole long term.

I think over time that the SEC will probably continue to be a better football conference.

But the B1G will be better for pretty much everything else. Better national conference. Better at most other sports. Better academics. Better research schools. Generally will be richer schools as well. I think being in the B1G will be better for the University of Miami as a whole long term.
If the expansion / realignment goes as projected by many ... to actually having "the big two" ... they will be pretty even as far as football. BIG10 will have legit national appeal and viewership literally having programs "coast to coast" while the SEC continues to be predominantly a SE program focused conference. With the 'big two' having the cream of football programs it is going to be very difficult for a football program not in those two conferences to have any shot at a national championship.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back