MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I hear ya. And I'm not trying to argue AGAINST Miami, I'm just assessing what OTHERS think about Miami vs. UNC in the general pecking order.

I feel Miami and UNC are veryveryclose. Each of us have a couple of characteristics that the other does not have...
I don’t think it’s that close from a market desirability standpoint. Anyone who thinks that the SEC “needs” Miami to help boost their imprint in SFL might be looking through orange and green lenses. UNC is actually a slam dunk for the SEC in terms of NC being a southern state that they don’t have a team in.

I don’t think it’s that close from a market desirability standpoint. Anyone who thinks that the SEC “needs” Miami to help boost their imprint in SFL might be looking through orange and green lenses. UNC is actually a slam dunk for the SEC in terms of NC being a southern state that they don’t have a team in.

I'm just going to say this, it's not directed against you or anyone in particular. I don't think people see these moves in enough directions and levels. Too many posters only see the moves on "offense", where a conference takes a school to "go somewhere" where they are not currently.

But there are also "defensive" moves to be made. While the SEC may be pretty decent in Florida, if they do NOT take Miami and/or F$U, then they give another conference an opening into their "turf".

If the SEC takes UM and F$U, they effectively lock the Big 10 out of Florida forever (unless the Big 10 takes USF). UCF is locked into the Big 12 and their 99-year GOR.

People just need to open their minds and see the entire chess board, including the moves of your opponent.

Advertisement
Pretty insightful video on the granting of AAU status to Miami and ND. Why it is such a big deal and how it relates to possible Big10 expansion. I'm sure many on here knew a lot of this stuff already(I did not), but they really break down a lot of the numbers across the board.

I'm just going to say this, it's not directed against you or anyone in particular. I don't think people see these moves in enough directions and levels. Too many posters only see the moves on "offense", where a conference takes a school to "go somewhere" where they are not currently.

But there are also "defensive" moves to be made. While the SEC may be pretty decent in Florida, if they do NOT take Miami and/or F$U, then they give another conference an opening into their "turf".

If the SEC takes UM and F$U, they effectively lock the Big 10 out of Florida forever (unless the Big 10 takes USF). UCF is locked into the Big 12 and their 99-year GOR.

People just need to open their minds and see the entire chess board, including the moves of your opponent
Not disagreeing with what you said one bit… I can agree with you that moves are made for different reasons.

I could be wrong but I just don’t believe the SEC is concerned with the Big 10, where the Big 10 may go and who they might pick up. Now, is the Big 10 concerned with what the SEC doing? Yeah, I believe that.

And when it comes SFL, a part of me believes that the demographics of that region doesn’t “fit” into who they are or their fanbases elsewhere and they are okay with that.

While I believe the SEC looks at us as an option, I don’t believe we’re as high on their board as other schools and that doesn’t have as much to do with W-L either.

I guess we’ll all see soon enough

Advertisement
Not disagreeing with what you said one bit… I can agree with you that moves are made for different reasons.

I could be wrong but I just don’t believe the SEC is concerned with the Big 10, where the Big 10 may go and who they might pick up. Now, is the Big 10 concerned with what the SEC doing? Yeah, I believe that.

And when it comes SFL, a part of me believes that the demographics of that region doesn’t “fit” into who they are or their fanbases elsewhere and they are okay with that.

While I believe the SEC looks at us as an option, I don’t believe we’re as high on their board as other schools and that doesn’t have as much to do with W-L either.

They’re blinded by their white

Tired Wake Up GIF by good-morning

Last edited:

I agree with what you are saying. I think we would be #5 on the SEC generalized priority list, behind Clemson, F$U, UNC, and UVa.

But if the SEC saw the F$U-UM combo as a way to permanently lock down Florida, the third-largest state in the US (when they also own the second-largest state in the US in Texas), I think it's posssssible.

Advertisement
I agree with what you are saying. I think we would be #5 on the SEC generalized priority list, behind Clemson, F$U, UNC, and UVa.

But if the SEC saw the F$U-UM combo as a way to permanently lock down Florida, the third-largest state in the US (when they also own the second-largest state in the US in Texas), I think it's posssssible.
I am not a resident of SFL nor have I ever been. And times have changed in just the last 3 years, when I’m down that way I see way more people in UM gear and with UM stuff on cars than what I saw in the late 90’s to early 2000’s.

It somewhat reminds of Atlanta in the sense that even though GT is in the A… you’re definitely going to see more people in UGA **** than GT ****. Matter of fact, you’re more likely to see more FAMU stuff around the whole metro Atlanta than GT.

And to that point, I don’t think the SEC cares one bit about the ACC having GT or “locking down” the state of Georgia.

I am not a resident of SFL nor have I ever been. And times have changed in just the last 3 years, when I’m down that way I see way more people in UM gear and with UM stuff on cars than what I saw in the late 90’s to early 2000’s.

It somewhat reminds of Atlanta in the sense that even though GT is in the A… you’re definitely going to see more people in UGA **** than GT ****. Matter of fact, you’re more likely to see more FAMU stuff around the whole metro Atlanta than GT.

And to that point, I don’t think the SEC cares one bit about the ACC having GT or “locking down” the state of Georgia.

I live in ATL now, and I am telling you...I CONSTANTLY get people who come up and talk to me when I wear UM stuff (including my Dunks). A TON of Floridians have moved to the ATL.

I will say this, the ATL situation is a bit different, Athens is soooooo close to ATL, or at least the ATL metropolitan area. SO SO CLOSE.

On the other hand, Miami is 5-6 hours from Gainesville, though, and even farther from Tallahassee. AND ALSO what I'm saying is that there are a lot of SEC and Big 10 alums and fans who live in SoFla. So to "lock down" Florida is about more than just getting the Miami fans on-board, it is also about making UM football the 1A or 1B choice on nearly every TV from Orlando southward.

Advertisement
Pretty insightful video on the granting of AAU status to Miami and ND. Why it is such a big deal and how it relates to possible Big10 expansion. I'm sure many on here knew a lot of this stuff already(I did not), but they really break down a lot of the numbers across the board.

Cliff notes?

Advertisement
Back