MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Agreed. But if the B1G wants to get into FL, FSU is who I'd be calling first, not us. They're a much bigger school and have a much larger alumni group and fanbase, which mirrors more closely the profile of B1G schools. It's also on the verge of achieving AAU status and has the same national rank academic rank as us in USNWR. At this point, I hope we get a B1G invite, but it wouldn't shock me to see us having to settle for a Big 12 invite, particularly if ND ends up joining the B1G and taking one of those valued slots.

You, sir, are a mother****ing embarrassment to Iron Arrow.

Take off the jacket and go buy one of the imitation garnet-and-gold ones without the arrow design on the collar.

"Love of alma mater", my ***.

That’s a fair point, let me go ask the Big Ten to prepare a memo
Lol I’m not asking for an official statement, just a solid rumor they’re actually interested. Look, I know we love our program and think the world of Miami, but I just don’t see why the BIG wants us bad enough. Several rumors confirm they’d love to have UNC in their conference. I haven’t heard the same about Miami.

first of all, college football is September through November. not many places have "heavy snow" in November.

and when they do, it'll be at most 1 or 2 games a year.. December and January is postseason and typically those games are played in protected stadiums or warm areas...

cold weather is what it is.. no excuse for playing poorly in cold weather...
its not like we dont ever have to play in states where it snows currently (checks notes (NC, MA, KY, VA)).

The guy is an obvious troll. He's here for one month and he's got this low-key passive-aggressive ****-on-Miami thing down pat.

I do the same thing on SwampAss 247. Game recognizes game.
How exactly am I a troll? I’m a longtime season ticket holder and an alumni. I can send you a copy of my degree if you’d like. Sorry if my opinions about the state of the program offend you. Actually you know what, nah. I’m not sorry.

There seems to be a misunderstanding around here about what a troll actually is. It’s not someone who simply has an opinion differing from yours. Get over yourself man.

Advertisement
Lol I’m not asking for an official statement, just a solid rumor they’re actually interested. Look, I know we love our program and think the world of Miami, but I just don’t see why the BIG wants us bad enough. Several rumors confirm they’d love to have UNC in their conference. I haven’t heard the same about Miami.

Yes, you've heard the rumors about Miami, you just choose not to believe them. Because you are a Miami-hater.

How exactly am I a troll? I’m a longtime season ticket holder and an alumni. I can send you a copy of my degree if you’d like. Sorry if my opinions about the state of the program offend you. Actually you know what, nah. I’m not sorry.

There seems to be a misunderstanding around here about what a troll actually is. It’s not someone who simply has an opinion differing from yours. Get over yourself man.

How about you send me the original of your degree, and I can set it on fire with @ironarrow97 's jacket.

For a couple of so-called Miami alums, you two are pathetic. Zero pride.

Here. Enjoy.

Yes, you've heard the rumors about Miami, you just choose not to believe them. Because you are a Miami-hater.
No, I actually haven’t heard the rumors about the BIG 10 being interested in Miami. Forum speculation isn’t really a rumor. It’s just speculation. Big difference.

Advertisement
How about you send me the original of your degree, and I can set it on fire with @ironarrow97 's jacket.

For a couple of so-called Miami alums, you two are pathetic. Zero pride.
Well college degrees in general are pretty worthless when you think about. It’s a piece of paper you paid several thousands of dollars for in order to prepare yourself for the real world. Reality is they don’t prepare you for ****. Do with it what you will.

And I think comparing me to a dude who’s name is IronArrow (clearly an FSU fan) is a bit much. I’m a bit skeptical in certain areas. In no way am I saying Miami is an inferior brand not worthy of a BIG invite. I want this program back to its glory days just like everyone here and would absolutely LOVE to play in the BIG or SEC. I just haven’t seen anything that indicates we’re high on the BIG list right now. Maybe we are, maybe we’re not. Fan speculation doesn’t convince me either way.

Agreed. But if the B1G wants to get into FL, FSU is who I'd be calling first, not us. They're a much bigger school and have a much larger alumni group and fanbase, which mirrors more closely the profile of B1G schools. It's also on the verge of achieving AAU status and has the same national rank academic rank as us in USNWR. At this point, I hope we get a B1G invite, but it wouldn't shock me to see us having to settle for a Big 12 invite, particularly if ND ends up joining the B1G and taking one of those valued slots.

B1G is going to require AAU accredation for any new member, with the only possible exception of Notre Dame. AAU accreditation depends heavily on engineering and biomedical research. UM has a huge amount of biomedical research (one of best in the country in spinal injury research).

I think FSU has the least biomedical research of any public university in the state.

So even if you think they are a more attractive program nationally (they aren't), they have almost no chance of getting AAU accredited, so that also means no B1G.

Well college degrees in general are pretty worthless when you think about. It’s a piece of paper you paid several thousands of dollars for in order to prepare yourself for the real world. Reality is they don’t prepare you for ****. Do with it what you will.

And I think comparing me to a dude who’s name is IronArrow (clearly an FSU fan) is a bit much. I’m a bit skeptical in certain areas. In no way am I saying Miami is an inferior brand not worthy of a BIG invite. I want this program back to its glory days just like everyone here and would absolutely LOVE to play in the BIG or SEC. I just haven’t seen anything that indicates we’re high on the BIG list right now. Maybe we are, maybe we’re not. Fan speculation doesn’t convince me either way.
I'm shocked you went to Miami and don't know what Iron Arrow is.

Advertisement

You don't know what Miami's Iron Arrow Society is. You just 10,000% outed yourself, troll. Anyone who's ever spent a week at UM knows it's the highest honor attainable at the U, not an FSU reference.

@RVACane

Are we arguing about whether there is public acknowledgment of interest by the B1G or SEC of Miami or any other school?

Can’t be. Because that would be ridiculous…

Advertisement
Dude, we've got some posters on this board who roast anyone who tries to suggest 2 P5 OOC games each year WHEN WE HAVE FOUR SLOTS.

Somebody is going to give you **** for your suggestion.

Won't be me, though. I'd love to play UiF and F$U annually.
I think the Perfect situation for us is being in the B10 and somehow getting a 20 year contract to play FSU AND UF yearly. That would easily trump being in the SEC. But if the choice was SEC or B10 without having at least FSU yearly, I'd prefer the SEC...

IMG_4556.gif

You don't know what Miami's Iron Arrow Society is. You just 10,000% outed yourself, troll. Anyone who's ever spent a week at UM knows it's the highest honor attainable at the U, not an FSU reference.

@RVACane
I went to the school 20 years ago and no, I wasn’t part of whatever the **** this society is, nor do I give enough ***** to know or remember what it is. Thought it was an FSU thing because it sounds like an FSU thing. My bad.

Advertisement
Back