MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

It's a little-known codicil in the Faber College constitution...

I’m going to blindly give credit to Dan Rad for throwing that clause in there when we slept with the enemy that is Notre Dame

As you know, everything is negotiable and contracts can be broken. But if the momentum that is happening with Big Ten right now… connecting the dots Notre Dame is included in the grand realignment plan, partially due to comply with the subject Clause

Advertisement
IMG_1012.gif

But did Rutgers and Maryland have folks in NYC/DC areas watching? Were either committed to athletics? Is recruiting anything special in these areas? Seems like locations being in big cities is what their biggest selling point was. Just curious to know why the same doesn’t apply to BC or Pittsburgh. While I don’t consider either university to be a “football” school, they have a much better history on the field than Rutgers or Maryland. Come to think of it, I can’t think of any notable players to come out of Rutgers or Maryland off the top of my head. BC had Matt Ryan. Pitt produced Aaron Donald and Darrell Revis in the last 15 years. Donald is first ballot NFL HOF. Revis might get a gold jacket some day. Oh yeah and Larry Fitzgerald. Lots of great players have played for Pittsburgh.
I can only guess that the Big 10 has to have some buyer's remorse when it comes to Maryland and Rutgers. Fans in NYC might tune in to or attend a Rutgers game if they are actually alums of the visiting team. Also Maryland and Rutgers have much larger enrollments than BC and I don't think BC is AAU.

Didnt say shyyt about restructure TO force ND hand, i said restructure , force their hand. Meaning they have to make a choice. They can make a choice, we give them a landing to not have to. We CAN force their hand. We can get more money of they joined the league in football. They dont want to, fine. Bring in 5 more teams and expand to 20. Invite Oregon, Washington and teams from Texas, even others from California. **** invite Colorado. ND is not helping us get a better TV contract. So why tf should we continue with our association and be a home for their other sports which drive no revenue.
You're blowing smoke and don't know what your are talking about. ND is ALREADY a full voting member of the ACC, and that status was granted to them based on the deal they negotiated when they agreed to 5 ACC football games per season along with all of their other sports. The ACC cannot arbitrarily decide to change that status. They signed the GOR just like Miami did and are bound under the same terms and conditions and also receive the same benefits.

Oh my god, your "opinions" are ponderous.

Seriously, you use words and phrases that dopey people use. "I think if both sides really wanted to get this done". Good lord. The ACC schools are UNDER CONTRACT. There won't be any "getting this done" until we break the ACC deal.

What about that do you not understand?

Nobody...ON ANY SIDE...can publicly express their true feelings and intentions.

Just go to sleep for a few months, and we'll wake you up when everything is done.
Abolishing the ACC deal is part of what I meant by “getting it done”. Sorry it wasn’t clear.

Of course nobody is going to reveal their true intentions publicly, so most of what we’re discussing is speculation. I stated my opinion regarding how I feel. You can agree or disagree and that’s fine. No need to get upset big guy!

Advertisement
I mean...If the Big 10 only took 2 (with one being Notre Dame)...

And the SEC only took 2 (Clemson, F$U)...

Then I still think we would be one of the two that get invited to the Big 10.

So...no...
It makes me all tingly inside thinking about being in a football conference with Norte Dame.

The expansion model from 2003-2013 was based on access to media markets to increase cable distribution money. That model is dead, thanks to cord cutting and the dwindling numbers of live TV subscribers, whether through cable/satellite or streaming.
The current expansion model is based on eyeballs on matchups.
The goal of both models was to maximize media rights distribution AAV per school.
This is the correct answer & many people in this thread don’t realize it

You're blowing smoke and don't know what your are talking about. ND is ALREADY a full voting member of the ACC, and that status was granted to them based on the deal they negotiated when they agreed to 5 ACC football games per season along with all of their other sports. The ACC cannot arbitrarily decide to change that status. They signed the GOR just like Miami did and are bound under the same terms and conditions and also receive the same benefits.
No you are blowing smoke. If all the ACC schools decide to abolish the contract. That shyyt is null and void. They are not a member of the ACC in football terms. Those single game deals are no different than **** scheduling OOC. If they join as a football member that changes what the ACC can demand from ESPN. Keep blowing them though. And oh yeah then can arbitrarily decide to change the status by getting enough members to terminate the GOR. So unless it requires unanimity, you're talking ****.

On a side note, I think it would be interesting for the SEC to explore inviting SMU into the conference. As you all know, this is a program that got the 'Death Penalty' for serious and constant cheating back in the 1980s. How are the Mustangs not already in the SEC? Is it because they got caught? 🤔

Advertisement
The expansion model from 2003-2013 was based on access to media markets to increase cable distribution money. That model is dead, thanks to cord cutting and the dwindling numbers of live TV subscribers, whether through cable/satellite or streaming.
The current expansion model is based on eyeballs on matchups.
The goal of both models was to maximize media rights distribution AAV per school.
Well said. I would only add to that the Big 10 is maximizing those eyeballs ALL day from noon Eastern kickoffs to potentially late games on the west coast...it's Big 10 all day Saturday and it's pretty remarkable for a conference that refused to play night games only a few years ago.

No you are blowing smoke. If all the ACC schools decide to abolish the contract. That shyyt is null and void. They are not a member of the ACC in football terms. Those single game deals are no different than **** scheduling OOC. If they join as a football member that changes what the ACC can demand from ESPN. Keep blowing them though. And oh yeah then can arbitrarily decide to change the status by getting enough members to terminate the GOR. So unless it requires unanimity, you're talking ****.
The ACC schools cannot "abolish that contract" or terminate the GOR. The ACC schools can vote to dissolve THE CONFERENCE, no conference the GOR goes away. If the conference remains the GOR remains until it expires, as per the contract, in 2036.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The ACC schools cannot "abolish that contract" or terminate the GOR. The ACC schools can vote to dissolve THE CONFERENCE, no conference the GOR goes away. If the conference remains the GOR remains until it expires, as per the contract, in 2036.
Whats the difference? Abolish, terminate, invalidate, repudiate, incinerate. Wtf u man be on? Dissolving the conference is abolishing the GOR. They can vote to dissolve the conference with an aim of forming a new conference with more teams and trying to strikea new TV Deal. That was my point. Which would force ND hand if they wanna be a part of the new set up, stay independent or join another conference. Everything i said in my first post. Smfh

Whats the difference? Abolish, terminate, invalidate, repudiate, incinerate. Wtf u man be on? Dissolving the conference is abolishing the GOR. They can vote to dissolve the conference with an aim of forming a new conference with more teams and trying to strikea new TV Deal. That was my point. Which would force ND hand if they wanna be a part of the new set up, stay independent or join another conference. Everything i said in my first post. Smfh
They cannot do what you are stating. The ACC teams cannot abolish the ACC and "form a new conference". ESPN would be all over that with litigation to maintain the GOR. Abolish the conference ... and individually LEAVE the conference to JOIN other conferences ? Yes ... that is the plan.

Advertisement
Back