MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
But Miami advertised it like crazy. And the ACC wouldn’t have done the realignment if they knew teams were planning on leaving in the new few years

All they did was drop the divisions, added the permanent rotation of three schools and rotation of the rest. I can't remember when the change happened but believe was before USC & UCLA going to B1G.

What is Nc state good in? Pitt hasn’t been relavent in basketball since joining the the acc. They do have a decent football program. Miami Basketball had probably one of the greatest seasons in their program history so I am not surprised they jumped up to 12. And our baseball team was good
I’m not sure. Just thought it was good PR for us being #12 overall.

Advertisement
What is the board’s take on this one from Barry? I get it is vague but it paints the picture that nothing is active or being addressed proactively. Smoke and mirrors.

This Barry Jackson article is meaningless.

Deals like these dont have play by play updates all throughout negotiations. Both Miami, and SEC and Big Ten have been screaming lately that everything is good and they aren’t looking for changes.

This should tip you off that discussions are being had. Miami is very smartly playing all angles

Who knows what true or not, but I found it very interesting that Andrea Addelson has recently been reporting a much lower exit fee of $120mm vs the $350 to $500mm she was quoting a few weeks ago

But Miami advertised it like crazy. And the ACC wouldn’t have done the realignment if they knew teams were planning on leaving in the new few years
BS ... the ACC doesn't know WHAT teams will be in the conference 2 years from now. They are simply running day to day business as usual while at programs like Clemson / UM / FSU the AD's ARE working to develop a strategy to exit the conference as soon as they possibly can. In the meantime ... every program "is advertising" and working hard to build their image and brand.

BS ... the ACC doesn't know WHAT teams will be in the conference 2 years from now. They are simply running day to day business as usual while at programs like Clemson / UM / FSU the AD's ARE working to develop a strategy to exit the conference as soon as they possibly can. In the meantime ... every program "is advertising" and working hard to build their image and brand.
It’s totally amazing to me that the ACC isn’t being proactive. I’d 100% be looking at a Pac12 merger. The left behind schools will be hosed if they don’t get their head out of the sand and plan a future for themselves.

Hoping the big schools don’t leave is not a strategy and will result in them begging Cinci and UCF for a B12 invite. 😳

Advertisement
There's some YouTube rumors swirling (so take with a grain of salt) that the latest per team deal from ESPN being offered to the new bastardized Pac is about 24.5 million per school.

There's some YouTube rumors swirling (so take with a grain of salt) that the latest per team deal from ESPN being offered to the new bastardized Pac is about 24.5 million per school.
In what world should those teams be worth less than the B12?! I’ll be curious to see the new B12 number when it comes up. It has to be sub $30mln

Advertisement
Fox pushed B1G to add UCLA/USC, if they make the new record breaking B1G TV deal paying a few hundred million for an exit from the ACC deal is nothing. Also get the added benefit of weakening ESPN's properties. That would be the only reason ESPN would renegotiate or encourage ACC teams to join the SEC, to beat Fox to the punch. Fox pays billions for NFL rights, paying $300m to get Miami/Clemson/UNC/etc under their umbrella is well worth it. Also worth noting where Fox has O&O stations (owned and operated). They have strategically tried to get stations in NFC markets (they made a big swap years ago to trade away Boston for San Francisco to get the 49ers market.) There's a Fox O&O in Charlotte, but not in Miami, but would not be surprised if Fox tries to make a deal with Sunbeam to get WSVN. The affiliate deal is why GT should be on watch for the B1G along with UNC, it adds so much value to the local affiliate to have the local games.

Seems like Miami and Clemson in it together
Fox pushed B1G to add UCLA/USC, if they make the new record breaking B1G TV deal paying a few hundred million for an exit from the ACC deal is nothing. Also get the added benefit of weakening ESPN's properties. That would be the only reason ESPN would renegotiate or encourage ACC teams to join the SEC, to beat Fox to the punch. Fox pays billions for NFL rights, paying $300m to get Miami/Clemson/UNC/etc under their umbrella is well worth it. Also worth noting where Fox has O&O stations (owned and operated). They have strategically tried to get stations in NFC markets (they made a big swap years ago to trade away Boston for San Francisco to get the 49ers market.) There's a Fox O&O in Charlotte, but not in Miami, but would not be surprised if Fox tries to make a deal with Sunbeam to get WSVN. The affiliate deal is why GT should be on watch for the B1G along with UNC, it adds so much value to the local affiliate to have the local games.
Fox has being trying to buy SVN since the late 1980’s. The family has a Boston station also and I would be very surprised if they sold out.

This Barry Jackson article is meaningless.

Deals like these dont have play by play updates all throughout negotiations. Both Miami, and SEC and Big Ten have been screaming lately that everything is good and they aren’t looking for changes.

This should tip you off that discussions are being had. Miami is very smartly playing all angles

Who knows what true or not, but I found it very interesting that Andrea Addelson has recently been reporting a much lower exit fee of $120mm vs the $350 to $500mm she was quoting a few weeks ago
Exactly. There was no whisper of USC, UCLA, OU or Texas leaving until right before. No reason to let anything leak right now.

Advertisement
Fox has being trying to buy SVN since the late 1980’s. The family has a Boston station also and I would be very surprised if they sold out.
Yeah, Fox got out of the Boston market to trade for KTVU so they could be the 9ers station. I'm saying they might make an offer SVN can't refuse if Miami gets in the B1G. Their whole local affiliate strategy has been centered around sports. But I was more making that point as to not count out GT and UNC to the B1G

What is the board’s take on this one from Barry? I get it is vague but it paints the picture that nothing is active or being addressed proactively. Smoke and mirrors.

Barry also reported Miami couldn’t afford Manny and Cristobal’s buyouts 🤣 @Cribby and @Boarcane have mentioned a few times Miami is actively working with Clemson to get into the SEC, possibly as early as 2024/2025.

Barry also reported Miami couldn’t afford Manny and Cristobal’s buyouts 🤣 @Cribby and @Boarcane have mentioned a few times Miami is actively working with Clemson to get into the SEC, possibly as early as 2024/2025.
I was thinking exactly that, he's consistently out of the loop. Also, how wild is it that I put more stock in updates from anonymous posters on a forun named Boarcane and Cribby than a journalist for the Miami Herald? Crazy time to be alive

Advertisement
Back