MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Well there’s definitely a couple on my ignore list who pushed me there, lmao. But I try my best to treat those how I want to be treated, even on a platform like this. Appreciate u.

Just a FYI, on subject, but I heard the B12 is really trying to push to position itself as a Big 3, just in case. I’m not sure what the PAC-10 is going to do, but the B12 is making noise in its territory. I’ve talked to multiple ppl that said Utah (b/c of BYU), Arizona, ASU, & Colorado r completely on the radar. UO & U-Dub r weary b/c of loyalty to the PAC-12 as founding members, but I haven’t heard chit what they plan to do to reduce the gap. Truthfully, I’m not sure if they have a plan. That’s what has been discussed on a lot of shows, this passive, wait & see attitude of the PAC-12.
Any school that is doing nothing but sitting around waiting to see what happens is going to get left in the dust. These days you MUST be proactive (thank you Rad)....

Advertisement
David Lake said that Rad and Echevarria are being aggressive and moving independently of what the ACC is doing. I know it’s been mentioned by the insiders in here, but it was interesting to hear Lake say the same thing.
This sounds so familiar..

I'll say it again. Thank god we have serious leadership at the University of bleeping Miami. Rad gets it. His frustration with the ACC goes back to the days of Clemson and he is just carrying over at Miami.

Advertisement
We all know Rad is reaching out to B1G and SEC but the $75-100 million question is, do they want to expand more? The more they add, the more they will need Fox and Disney to pony up.
you can renegotiate every time an expansion occurs I believe. I assume the schools in the acc that dont wanna expand is likely bc they're all looking elsewhere?

This sounds so familiar..

I'll say it again. Thank god we have serious leadership at the University of bleeping Miami. Rad gets it. His frustration with the ACC goes back to the days of Clemson and he is just carrying over at Miami.
while I agree but he is partly responsible for the GoR mess were in and so is every AD who is currently upset with the conf

We all know Rad is reaching out to B1G and SEC but the $75-100 million question is, do they want to expand more? The more they add, the more they will need Fox and Disney to pony up.
Fox gets more money for each new region they secure. They have no teams in Florida currently. We have the biggest market in Florida. Which is why I would assume they would be aggressive in getting a foothold in Florida, more money. Which I would also think leads the SEC to be aggressive in blocking out the Big Ten from Florida. I don’t see any way we don’t end up in one of those conferences. They will be willing to expand when money is on the line

Advertisement
Just out of curiosity, how do you know he has been reaching to the big 10 and sec? Or is it all assumptions

Just from what everyone is saying/thinking
My opinion it will be a few months/ years before we announce a jump to a conference. I think Miami sticks it out until the contract with the ACC ends(edit: I thought it ended in 2027. Apparently it ends 2036). Just my gut feeling. I hope to god I am wrong though

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fox gets more money for each new region they secure. They have no teams in Florida currently. We have the biggest market in Florida. Which is why I would assume they would be aggressive in getting a foothold in Florida, more money. Which I would also think leads the SEC to be aggressive in blocking out the Big Ten from Florida. I don’t see any way we don’t end up in one of those conferences. They will be willing to expand when money is on the line
I sure am hopeful that this is the case.

My opinion it will be a few months/ years before we announce a jump to a conference. I think Miami sticks it out until the contract with the ACC ends. Just my gut feeling. I hope to god I am wrong though
If we stick it out until the contract ends, we’re basically a D2 football school. Rad and the admin will not let that happen. I would almost guarantee that

you can renegotiate every time an expansion occurs I believe. I assume the schools in the acc that dont wanna expand is likely bc they're all looking elsewhere?
They don’t want to expand because they know that the schools that could be added with the exception of Notre Dame will actually not bring more to the table then I renegotiated overall deal with them not included we get for the ACC if ESPN even considers it, and they know that the renegotiated deal the ESPN might offer the ACC has currently constituted still won’t match anything near what the big 10 or STD are getting

Advertisement
Back