MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Why do people continue to float this idea ND would ever join the ACC? There is zero chance.
****, we let them walk in for the covid year and gave them an easy path to the CFB Playoff. Five minutes after the season ended they were like, thanks but no thanks.

People hoping to add lower tier schools and G5 schools to form a conference to compete against the SEC/BIG? That's crazy. When the dust settles there will be two conferences that matter and everybody else on the outside looking in.

Of course this is bad for the sport but it is the reality.

Which is y I put that qualifier “if”, which I highly doubt happens. The fact we allowed them to be a part time member, & allowed them to play in the ACCCG as a non-FB member, just for them to say “Nah; thanks for allowing us to take advantage of ya’ll during Covid & get that bread, but we’re going to remain Independent” was an ultimate slap to the face. They’ll join the B1G b4 ACC.

I think they’ll be 3 conferences; The SEC, B1G, & B12, imo, w/ the B12 changing their conference name.

Advertisement
Plus, to your point about Nike, if you want to be an elite program you have to position yourself with elite resources. Being outside the 2 super conferences isn’t good for the Miami brand. We need to be in the best conference, as well. The P5 conferences are a thing of the past. Now, it’ll be SEC/Big 10 then everyone else. We do not want to be with everyone else.

We won’t be.

Agreed. I was just throwing out a scenario for survival of these conferences. I actually think the B12 will survive, but WE MUST GET OUT THE ACC. I don’t care if it’s The B1G or SEC; there’s no way we can compete in the ACC b/c, again, what can & will The ACC provide to motivate ESPN to re-negotiate a TV friendly deal for them?

I’d like to hear an updated view from them. A lot has happened and been report since they were last quoted “we gone”
There will be a lot being “reported” between now and week 1. Most of it will be either total bs wannabes, click bait, or negotiating tactics. Just like we saw during the hiring of our AD, coach and staff.

I’ve been in favor of moving to Big XII from the very beginning.

The initial panic of all these teams appearing to leave made people over-reactionary, the idea that the SEC was just going to welcome us with open arms was more wishful thinking than reality.

The Big XII is actually a good move for us & would put us at the top of the totem pole as the best team in a new conference. Hopping into the traffic jam of the SEC is not the ideal situation & would likely neutralize any real chance we have in becoming a playoff team.
We would turn big 12 to the big east

Advertisement
I’ve been in favor of moving to Big XII from the very beginning.

The initial panic of all these teams appearing to leave made people over-reactionary, the idea that the SEC was just going to welcome us with open arms was more wishful thinking than reality.

The Big XII is actually a good move for us & would put us at the top of the totem pole as the best team in a new conference. Hopping into the traffic jam of the SEC is not the ideal situation & would likely neutralize any real chance we have in becoming a playoff team.
Except in the new CFB world, there might not be a CFP like there is today. The B10 and SEC will be big enough to have their own playoff to determine Conference Champ - giving them all the rewards. Then they can have a "superbowl" between eachother cutting everyone else out.

**** they could have the runners up in B10/SEC playing the P12/B12/ACC/ND champions too lol. Throw them a bone - B10 Runner up plays in Rose Bowl against P12. SEC Runner up plays in the Sugar Bowl against B12 Champ.

I mentioned a month that there was serious talks with Miami and the Sec , i was told there could be an announcement in upcoming months or sooner. When it happens it’ll be fast, 2024 or 2025. Clemson is paired with Miami.
We have to. Staying in the ACC is not viable and I don’t think people have accepted that yet. In 2 years, ACC teams are going to be taking in around 60 million less in TV revenue than SEC/B1G teams.

Advertisement
I mentioned a month that there was serious talks with Miami and the Sec , i was told there could be an announcement in upcoming months or sooner. When it happens it’ll be fast, 2024 or 2025. Clemson is paired with Miami.
This makes total sense to me

There is a lot of bad info being floated out there, some of it on purpose.

I knew Miami and Clemson weren’t just going to sit on their hands regarding GOR. They are way to valuable and marketable.

This makes total sense to me

There is a lot of bad info being floated out there, some of it on purpose.

I knew Miami and Clemson weren’t just going to sit on their hands regarding GOR. They are way to valuable and marketable.
Hale said no one sitting on their hands. Schools have been in touch w their legal t to get out of it.

So if there is meaningful dialogue going on with Miami and Clemson to SEC that leads me to believe espn is playing ball and they (espn) are likely combining conferences in some way shape or form

Advertisement
Which is y I put that qualifier “if”, which I highly doubt happens. The fact we allowed them to be a part time member, & allowed them to play in the ACCCG as a non-FB member, just for them to say “Nah; thanks for allowing us to take advantage of ya’ll during Covid & get that bread, but we’re going to remain Independent” was an ultimate slap to the face. They’ll join the B1G b4 ACC.

I think they’ll be 3 conferences; The SEC, B1G, & B12, imo, w/ the B12 changing their conference name.
For the record Rell, my comment was not directed at you, I think you are one of the best posters on this site.
Now for the first time ever Miami is set up and running like a top tier SEC program. The structure, the facilities, the coaching staff and most importantly the MONEY. This is what we have all been praying for and now we have it. We need to be at the big boy table going forward. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Nothings changed. Miami is taking to the SEC. I remember when Manny wasn’t going anywhere and Mario was doubling down on every Oregon recruit. A little patience maybe. It’s been a week.
denzel washington GIF

Advertisement
Back