MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I’m not trusting a Barstool employee lol

Also lol at FSU UNC or UVA getting an invite before us. That’s comical
giphy.gif

Our boy DP does support us though

Advertisement
The whole thing is ridiculous but lol at the idea of ESPN inviting a massive lawsuit by trying to void the ACC TV deal.

It also makes no sense as espns deal with the ACC is incredibly tilted in espns favor. They want to void the deal so they can pay 3 times as much?

They are already losing those battles with us. Why not block FSU? Florida is a certified ***** program. They aren't blocking ****. Perhaps, they are trying to avoid Miami as a yearly opponent but how stupid is that going to look when Miami, Florida and FSU are in the same bleeping state. Such cowards.
The SEC leaving Miami out would make us that much more valuable and desirable to the Big10.

Just like they won't ruin ND's playoff path because they don't want to push ND to the Big10, the SEC won't leave Miami out and give the Big10 an easy path to major media in Florida (and nationally).

Advertisement
If you think ppl wet themselves on this board take a look at the porsters on 247 and twitter just terrified.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can confirm that the optics of the rankings does matter to the board. The school and the president were crucified when the ranking started to go down and especially now that Florida state is tied. It’s part of the reason that if it were not for Covid eL jefe frenk might’ve lost his job there - now he’s on stronger footing because of how he navigated the school through it and now the athletics program
I can also confirm that rankings matter to most schools purely because it drives enrollment. As US hits an expected population decline, most universities outside of the elites are scrambling for students. Many are expected to close over the next few decades. So university administrations do worry about it. On the other hand, the faculty don't care because they only focus on academic reputation, which the USNWR is not considered a good barometer.

For all you in the back-
REPEAT AFTER ME
- THERE IS NO SCENARIO WHERE MIAMI IS LEFT OUT. NONE. ZERO. NADA.
- WE GOT DAN FOR THIS REASON
- MANY ONLINE ARE USING THIS FOR CLICKS AND VIEWS
- NOTRE DAME CANT SAVE THE ACC
- DONT MISTAKE WHAT LEAGUE OFFICIALS AND THE BEGGAR SCHOOLS IN A CONFERENCE ARE PUTTING OUT AS BEING WHAT THE BRAND SCHOOLS ARE DOING
- SCHOOLS LIKE MIAMI AND CLEMSON WILL BE ALL IN FOR THE ACC UNTIL THE SECOND THEY ANNOUNCE
- FLORIDA CANT BLOCK MIAMI
- THE AAU ISNT A DEAL BREAKER FOR THE BIG 10
- THERE MAY BE A BIGGER THIRD CONFERNCE FORMED BUT IT WILL STILL BE DWARFED BY THR MONEY SEC AND BIG 10 get
- NO YOUR CRAZY CONSPIRACY THEORY OR NEW CONFERENCE IDEA WILL COME TRUE
- LISTEN TO WHAT @ironarrow97 @Boarcane I @Cribby @TheOriginalCane @1murhurricane have to say- it won’t always be 100% because things are fluid but directionally it will be accurate - think of it as waze changing the route cause of an unexpected car crash

that is all. Go about your day

Last edited:
Advertisement
Trying to catch up through this thread so if already mentioned my apologies. But SEC schools travel well. So their goes to "1/2 empty stadium" as it would backfire because my guess is almost any team not named Vanderbilt would put more butts in our stadium and in most cases the casual fan would be much more inclined to come see Miami vs Missouri at noon then Miami vs GTech with regards to our own fanbase. So if we stay at Hard Rock the majority of our games would be drawing 60-70K even for the "bad games" and then forget it when the top SEC schools come down...that place will be a mad house.

If the day comes where we build and its only a 60-75K stadium forget it. Facilites, stadium, NIL, Mario, Staff, etc. They will have nothing

Advertisement
Back