MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
"Us" meaning the six school faction I mentioned above (Miami, UNC, Texas, Vandy, etc), and "them" meaning the poor academic southern state land grant schools that currently make up the majority of the SEC. Do we have much in common with Auburn, Mizzou, TENN, LSU, Arkansas, TAMU, Miss, Miss St etc? No. But my point is that there could be a nice six-school faction that's a little different, and I think UGA and UF aspire to be more like Texas and UNC and less like Alabama and Kentucky, so down the road it could be more of an eight-school faction.

None of these schools are making these decisions based off academics. That's for a fact. In addition, due to ****** leadership Miami's academic standing has taken a tumble down the rankings. I think we need to eat a little humble pie and come down from the pedestal you're trying to put us on.

ACC network bros said this morning that Phillips, ACC commish, and Swarbrick, ND AD, don't get along so don't expect ND to join.

Advertisement
Is there a way to set up alerts for specific posters? For example, i want to be notified when Cribby posts in a specific thread, like this one. I have read all of his posts on this thread so i am content for now, but I imagine that this is a fluid situation so i would rather not have to stop in each day to scan for his posts. Everyone else is just shooting the **** which is cool, thats part of the experience but i rather not do that right now. But i also dont want to wait for the scroll

None of these schools are making these decisions based off academics. That's for a fact. In addition, due to ****** leadership Miami's academic standing has taken a tumble down the rankings. I think we need to eat a little humble pie and come down from the pedestal you're trying to put us on.

Well first of all I never said that academics would have a single shred of an effect on SEC membership decisions, did I? You're conflating two different topics and putting words in my mouth. Please don't.

But as an aside, I would offer up that the B!G will absolutely consider academics and research when they consider schools for membership. There won't be a binary threshold, but it will be considered in some way. The SEC, not so much as I would say all the schools being considered for expansion are as good or better academically than some of the basura schools they already have.

I am just talking about down the road, and how we will fit in, not about entry requirements. I've felt we were a bad "fit" for the SEC outside of geography and I am making the point that with the SEC expanding the new-look conference might offer us some interesting academic and cultural alliances down the road.

As for Miami's academic standing, you kind of tipped your hand when you used the word "rankings." No one in academia gives a crap about the USNAWR rankings. They are a formulaic joke on a struggling underfunded website. Miami is committed to continuously trying to improve the education they provide to their students, the research they provide to the scientific and academic community, and more. Those things go up and down a little here and there, and the "rankings" even more so. But if you zoom out, it's clear that UM is on a long-term upwards trajectory and that the commitment is solid. Which is why UM's reputation is light years ahead of where it's been in the past, like back when I attended. No one calls us "suntan U" anymore, and admission is very competitive.

Last edited:
Well first of all I never said that academics would have a single shred of an effect on SEC membership decisions, did I? You're conflating two different topics and putting words in my mouth. Please don't.

But as an aside, I would offer up that the B!G will absolutely consider academics and research when they consider schools for membership. There won't be a binary threshold, but it will be considered in some way. The SEC, not so much as I would say all the schools being considered for expansion are as good or better academically than some of the basura schools they already have.

I am just talking about down the road, and how we will fit in, not about entry requirements. I've felt we were a bad "fit" for the SEC outside of geography and I am making the point that with the SEC expanding the new-look conference might offer us some interesting academic and cultural alliances down the road.

As for Miami's academic standing, you kind of tipped your hand when you used the word "rankings." No one in academia gives a crap about the USNAWR rankings. They are a formulaic joke on a struggling underfunded website. Miami is committed to continuously trying to improve the education they provide to their students, the research they provide to the scientific and academic community, and more. Those things go up and down a little here and there, and the "rankings" even more so. But if you zoom out, it's clear that UM is on a long-term upwards trajectory and that the commitment is solid. Which is why UM's reputation is light years ahead of where it's been in the past, like back when I attended. No one calls us "suntan U" anymore, and admission is very competitive.

They absolutely care about the USNAWR rankings. There are entire teams dedicated to understanding the algorithm and maximizing that ranking. Sure, the hardcore academician is looking at other things, but no competent administrator is going go dismiss the USNAWR as it is the most publicly recognized university ranking system. Public perception is huge for many reasons, including applicants, and philanthropy. The BOT cares a lot.

Advertisement
They absolutely care about the USNAWR rankings. There are entire teams dedicated to understanding the algorithm and maximizing that ranking. Sure, the hardcore academician is looking at other things, but no competent administrator is going go dismiss the USNAWR as it is the most publicly recognized university ranking system. Public perception is huge for many reasons, including applicants, and philanthropy. The BOT cares a lot.

That's a PR department issue. No one is deciding where to teach, what studies to fund, etc over the USNAWR. It's as criticized and laughed at as it is cited. Even the USNAWR begs its readers to look at the tiers and not the specific rankings.

ND isn't jumping on a sinking ship. Their best move is to join the B1G but their hubris may let them think they can survive long-term if they stay independent.

ND walking around with big NBC balls right now, but Freeman could either be very good or the next Manny Diaz, changing that real quick. It takes a lot to run a program and he is unproven. If they were smart they'd jump on the B1G bandwagon right now and not play the odds IMO. Their bargaining power right now is as good as it gets, a couple of Manny Diaz type seasons, after the B1G and SEC dust settles they will not have nearly the bargining power they do right now IMO once the NBC deal comes up again.

The ACC has nothing to offer ND at this point without poaching several big schools, which they already missed the boat on.

Advertisement
ND walking around with big NBC balls right now, but Freeman could either be very good or the next Manny Diaz, changing that real quick. It takes a lot to run a program and he is unproven. If they were smart they'd jump on the B1G bandwagon right now and not play the odds IMO. Their bargaining power right now is as good as it gets, a couple of Manny Diaz type seasons, after the B1G and SEC dust settles they will not have nearly the bargining power they do right now IMO once the NBC deal comes up again.

The ACC has nothing to offer ND at this point without poaching several big schools, which they already missed the boat on.

You see how Freeman is recruiting so far?? Might end up the best class in ND history. He's killing it. Peep the avg score. This isn't a fat early class. They'd have the #3 class by avg too, and they'd be BARELY behind OSU and Bama there, and way ahead of everyone else. And he kept Rees the OC. And he was there, was the DC, so that stays. Def NOT a Manny. Probably a future NFL HC. And the kids love him and will play hard for him. I liked the hire when it happened (got mocked of course lol) and I like it more now. Objectively, of course. ND can rot. I agree though, it's time for them to go B1G. But they have a smart AD.

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 11.09.03 AM.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
You see how Freeman is recruiting so far?? Might end up the best class in ND history. He's killing it. Look the avg score. This isn't a fat early class. They'd have the #3 class by avg too, and they'd be BARELY behind OSU and Bama there, and way ahead of everyone else. And he kept Rees the OC. And he was there, was the DC, so that stays. Def NOT a Manny. Probably a future NFL HC. And the kids love him and will play hard for him. I liked the hire when it happened (got mocked of course lol) and I like it more now. Objectively, of course. ND can rot. I agree though, it's time for them to go B1G. But they have a smart AD.

View attachment 196395

Lots of coaches can recruit and have kids play hard for them, not disputing his potential or current ability. But he is unproven as a head football coach. There is a lot that goes into it beyond recruiting. Politics, staff, conflict resolution, booster management, game day management. Coker also had some of our all time recruiting classes and had kids play hard for him, even won us a ship, but also along with the midget troll spun us into oblivion. Not saying he's Coker, but he's far from a sure bet. I'm just saying their stock is at the all time high IMO and the time to act is now and stop with this BS idependent identity that's going away IMO. These two super conferences are going to change the playoffs and the future of CFB, including ND.

But but but, Gary Ferman keeps saying that the top approach is to get Notre Dame to join the ACC and then everyone can join arms and walk into the sunset together...

Good lord, the things you read on CaneSport (now a property of the on3 Network)...
Lol..
delusional thinking ND can or would save the ACC.

Advertisement
Back