MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I watched Josh Pate and he threw up a metric and showed ACC contracts through 2036 vs the rest of conferences expire in the next couple of years. I’m not sure how the shakes out but sounds expensive.

He also showed that the SEC pays 107M and BIG10 around 100M per institution vs PAC12 which was 50M less. No wonder UCLA and USC jumped to BIG10 which is about to top SEC money wise.

We need that money and Dan needs to earn his paycheck immediately! The ACC is dead in the water. I really hope the power to be don’t leave Miami out because it’s a concerning time until a deal is done.

This is regarding TV media rights. Miami too big of a market to be left out. SEC doesn’t take Miami the B1G will. This is about ESPN vs FOX. ESPN is in bed with SEC. B1G will be on FOX. Much like NFL with AFC and NFC. Just my two cents.

Advertisement
Never cheered for a conference even ours.....seems lame like your team sucks but ur cheering for other teams that have beaten you multiple times like a battered wife who keeps going back
I understand that, but what does that have to do with the situation we are in. What's worse? We join the sec or stay where we are at. We are hating on the conference that can save us and with that money UM would be unstoppable

Gotta think a move to the SEC would be a financial win for the U.

So with that said, I fully expect this move to come ALONG WITH a move back to Nike. I love the Ultraboost but everything else adidas makes is absolute crap. Nike me.

I love the ultra boost shoes, too. Nike is coming, though.

Advertisement
This is regarding TV media rights. Miami too big of a market to be left out. SEC doesn’t take Miami the B1G will. This is about ESPN vs FOX. ESPN is in bed with SEC. B1G will be on FOX. Much like NFL with AFC and NFC. Just my two cents.
Let’s see, the hate is real. Until we get a deal this should concern us. Biggest shift in CFB I can remember.

If they leave us out we aren’t fuccin, period.

I get your concern. However, just don’t see it happening. We’re headed to the SEC most likely as some others have alluded to. B1G took USC and UCLA for Los Angeles TV market. I doubt they’ll want the B1G’s footprint down in Florida in another huge market like Miami.

Advertisement
Money is going to be two great. Most likely 100 million per team. I believe someone mentioned in the thread that UF and USCe negotiating divisions. I’m sure not wanting to be in the same with their counterparts.
UF isn’t going to veto jack. They’ll fall into line when it matters, just like aTm did when they voted for UT to get in.

Dallas/Ft Worth much larger. Where do SMU and TCU land?

Advertisement
I would rather go to the SEC. Do you want to be playing Big 10 teams on the road in November? Too much chance of nasty cold and even snowy weather.
NO! We can’t fathom that kind of cold. I just moved back from Michigan after 20 years there and can tell you we aren’t ready for that.

Advertisement
My hope: Miami, ND, Oregon and Washington to the BiG / Clemson and FSU to the SEC in 2024 or 2025. Gives us 2-3 more years to beat down FSU before we split.

Let’s face it, the two schools (Miami and FSU) are on divergent paths both in the classroom and on the field. And I wouldn’t mind rekindling the rivalry with the Domers whom I loathe.
This!

My hope: Miami, ND, Oregon and Washington to the BiG / Clemson and FSU to the SEC in 2024 or 2025. Gives us 2-3 more years to beat down FSU before we split.

Let’s face it, the two schools (Miami and FSU) are on divergent paths both in the classroom and on the field. And I wouldn’t mind rekindling the rivalry with the Domers whom I loathe.

It's a real possibility we may live in a new era of no annual Miami FSU game, which would suck IMO. The only way I would be ok with that is if we weren't in a conference that treated us like a step child. Unfortunately I don't see that happening in either the BIG or SEC. So SEC us and FSU, the rest, especially the NC schools can kick rocks for all I care.

Academics aside, if you swap out history of sexual abuse for bigotry you’re left dealing with the same issues. I don’t care which of the two super conferences we end up just get us out of the incompetent ACC
By no means is B1G conference a symbol of egalitarianism; however, aside from the atrocities that occurred at PSU, you cannot compare the institutions and their respective fan base.

I care (moderately) and prefer the B1G, but our survival and prominence outweighs my bias.

Last edited:
Gio, I rose my hand earlier in this thread with hesitation about this particular variable of going to the SEC, so I'll chime in. Im honestly not so sure they wouldnt do something to spite Miami. We will be 2nd class citizens. I just dont trust these cokk sucking old SEC admins and the thought of getting into bed with them and the likes of Saban makes my skin crawl. Something I'll just have to get over.

So what can they do? I dont know. Ive been trying to focus on work today so I havent honestly thought it through :ROFLMAO:. @Cryptical Envelopment you probably have some thoughts/knowledge on this.

They will put us where they want in terms of divisions to start. They can certainly rig the schedule to make it a harder path to the playoffs. Do they have any control of times of the games or where the bye week sits? Will they tweak rules on recruiting visits, in-house visits, dead periods, NIL, whatever....while any changes would be for every team, certainly some changes can affect 1 team more than another as we all have certain advantages and disadvantages. Its not stuff that would neuter us, but I have this bad feeling they are going to create a harder path.

Now by no means would we get a welcome the the B1G hand job. But I do feel we would get a fairer shake and more of a voice/seat at the table.

Either way, I'll be happy to get out of the ACC. Its a $hitty deal...our brand should be getting much more revenue from our conference. There are great matchups to gain from both conferences. Certainly advantages to the SEC. The ACC Network sucks donkey balls. Cant wait until we get broadcast on an actual professional network with better coverage/announcers. The timing of our investment/new leadership/turnaround and ascent back to the top couldnt have been better for a conference switch.
That’s the bottom line for me.

Advertisement
Back