MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I don't always agree with you, but thank you for providing some tangible discussion of the AAU angle.

It doesn't matter if the US News rankings have us in a "tie" with F$U, we are simply the better academic institution, by ACADEMIC measures.

Student loan debt? Yeah, F$U has us beat there. Thanks, US News...
If anyone wants to look at the stats themselves: (little dated but they’re still probably relatively accurate )

Basically endowment and faculty prestige (a factor of endowment?) seems to be what really separates us from the rest of the top Private research universities. Though we’re still solidly a top 20 private research university.

On a per student/faculty basis we’re above a **** of a lot of public universities in most categories, many of which are AAU. **** Oregon doesn’t even have an Abet accredited Engineering program or an LCME accredited medical program and they’re AAU…

Advertisement
For those worried about playing B1G teams in the later months, cold and snow really isn’t happening in the northern months until like Jan-Feb. Even Christmas this year was mildly warm. I think we take our chances
Not much different than playing Pitt or BC in October/November like we do now

It's very close. I wouldn't take any long vacations over the next 2 weeks.
My productivity at work for the next 2 months:
cliff GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what’s the decision? One has been made and someone has to have the skinny…

Good friend of mine is decently plugged into the Oregon St program and he was just telling me he is hearing the Pac12 and ACC are talking merger, WITHOUT the Big12. TV markets and school quality of the Big12 sucks and neither coastal conference seems to be interested in adding them. Surprisingly, he doesn't think B1G is really interested in Oregon, the Ducks don't have a good TV market or good academics, and B1G doesn't want to split the pot with them. Could an ACC/Pac12 merger (including Notre Dame) be competitive?

Advertisement
Wrong. I don't care how you interpreted things, we know you're just another Hard Rock Bro.

How many times does it need to be said. The Mas brothers want the development AROUND the soccer stadium and John Ruiz wants the development AROUND Tropical.

But, sure, just keep telling us that it's going to be EXACTLY how it's always been...man, if only we just kept listening to you and the rest of the "nothing will ever change" crowd...
When has Ruiz ever stated that he would DONATE a stadium to UM? You can't have a discussion without categorizing people??? WTF is the "nothing will ever change crowd"????? WTF does Hard Rock have to do with whatever Ruiz is proposing??? Not a goddam thing. Ruiz has stated that he wanted to build a stadium, and host events there, with his group managing the stadium. When has he ever stated otherwise??

Good friend of mine is decently plugged into the Oregon St program and he was just telling me he is hearing the Pac12 and ACC are talking merger, WITHOUT the Big12. TV markets and school quality of the Big12 sucks and neither coastal conference seems to be interested in adding them. Surprisingly, he doesn't think B1G is really interested in Oregon, the Ducks don't have a good TV market or good academics, and B1G doesn't want to split the pot with them. Could an ACC/Pac12 merger (including Notre Dame) be competitive?
East Coast vs West Coast! Somebody resurrect Biggie and Pac

Advertisement
Not without USC. Merging with Pac12 without getting the LA market would be criminal.

SEC/B1G or bust for me still.

I was thinking that if those 6 teams who are reportedly talking to the Big12 do leave, and UM, Clemson and two other teams leave the ACC, the remnants of the PAC and ACC might combine and rebrand. "American Coastal Conference" maybe?

Advertisement
Back