MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

If the SEC and Big Ten take the top ACC schools, it will still make sense for the lower-tier ACC schools to dissolve the conference and try and make themselves a package deal for the Big 12 or Pac 12 (Whichever survives as a third lesser mega-conference). They will still come out ahead moving to a conference with a better tv deal.

They might want to play a game of chicken first though. Stay put, force UM etc to pay up a major settlement, and THEN leave.

Advertisement
What conf do you prefer for Miami??
I actually wouldn’t mind staying in the ACC if it we could simply rework a new TV deal, but it appears that ship has sailed & this conference is on it’s Deathbed.

I’d like to go to the Big XII, but that’s mainly just based on how much I hate the SEC & the idea of being the top dog in that conference with Texas & Oklahoma leaving, we’d be by far the best team in that conference.

But from a financial standpoint the SEC & B1G make the most sense.

@OrangeBowlMagic my disdain for the SEC clouds my judgment...

What the **** is going to happen if we end up in that God forsaken conference?

Thanks a lot ACC, you’re making us have to go play in the Confederacy because yall couldn’t stop gerrymandering for Duke & UNC Basketball, Tobacco Road literally ruined this conference from the inside...

Miami in the SEC just feels dirty smh, this sh*t ain’t right fam, just thinking about it smh...

Hold on I think I’m gonna be sick 🤢

gagging-gif-21.gif
Hahaha. I feel you dog. We cant dismiss some of the advantages there would be by being part of the SEC...and if I had a gun to my head, Id say that is where we would end up between them and the B1G if we are tied to Clemson. If I had my choice, Id rather be in the B1G for a few reasons. Feel like I ate some bad clams.

Advertisement
If the SEC and Big Ten take the top ACC schools, it will still make sense for the lower-tier ACC schools to dissolve the conference and try and make themselves a package deal for the Big 12 or Pac 12 (Whichever survives as a third lesser mega-conference). They will still come out ahead moving to a conference with a better tv deal.
The Big 12 does not have a better tv deal than the ACC. They're about $3M less per school but it's in the ballpark.

Initially, I think schools will want to hold out. The ACC brass will want to as they will lose their jobs.

Advertisement
SEC South
Miami
FSU
Florida
South Carolina
Clemson

SEC North
Tennesee
Kentucky
Mizzou
Vanderbilt
Georgia

SEC Midwest
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Texas A&M
LSU

SEC West
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi
Think would need one more school

Of course it does. Cause we don't do that bozo bull****.

You ever hear Miami fans chanting "ACC, ACC, ACC!!" **** no. And we ain't about to start that **** if we go to any other conference, either.

I can’t stand the SEC either, but definitely see the writing on the wall. Most my friends are SEC fans and I told them I’d never chant that corny ****.

No clue what the plans of the conference are. Supposedly the infighting is about divisions. 😂 I would think UF and South Carolina are the ones with demands
UF doesnt want us as division foes, and S Carolina prob does not want Clemmie as division foes

Advertisement
The problem is that we’re the most southern team geographically, but not even a little southern culturally. BIG is the much better fit for us imo.

I also find the argument that the good ol’ boys at the SEC wouldn’t look down at us because of the ratings opportunity to be silly. The same has been true for the ACC but that didn’t stop them. At the end of the day there’s relationships, interests, and incentives apart from the obvious one that appears to be a no brainer.

Travel might be annoying, but will it really be that much worse? If you’re road-tripping I guess. But a flight to Michigan is just an hour longer than a flight to Tennessee.
I will never understand the argument that a conference with Minnesota, Nebraska, Rutgers, and Wisconsin is a better fit for Miami than the Southeastern Conference.

SEC South
Miami
FSU
Florida
South Carolina
Clemson

SEC North
Tennesee
Kentucky
Mizzou
Vanderbilt
Georgia

SEC Midwest
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Texas A&M
LSU

SEC West
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi

That’s what assuming as well. 4 divisions of 5 teams a piece if each league gets to 20 teams. We’re headed to semi pro basically.

I actually wouldn’t mind staying in the ACC if it we could simply rework a new TV deal, but it appears that ship has sailed & this conference is on it’s Deathbed.

I’d like to go to the Big XII, but that’s mainly just based on how much I hate the SEC & the idea of being the top dog in that conference with Texas & Oklahoma leaving, we’d be by far the best team in that conference.

But from a financial standpoint the SEC & B1G make the most sense.
Spot on how I feel about this scenario. If we could keep all of the ACC teams, re-negotiate the TV deal, and add at least ND, if not a couple more, I'd be for staying. But, as you said, it's looking like that ship has sailed.

Between the two, I dunno... maybe I prefer the B10, but then again, if we HAVE to change conferences, it would be nice to shut up the SEC Gomer Piles about how the Canes wouldn't have ever developed into anything if we had to play in the SEC, etc.

I wish we could take a time machine back and just add Pedo State and the Irish to the Big East and be done with it...

Advertisement
SEC South
Miami
FSU
Florida
South Carolina
Clemson

SEC North
Tennesee
Kentucky
Mizzou
Vanderbilt
Georgia

SEC Midwest
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Texas A&M
LSU

SEC West
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi
GT or VT and push team West

UF doesnt want us as division foes, and S Carolina prob does not want Clemmie as division foes
Possibly. I would guess that’s probably why we’re seeing the FSU to the SEC being pushed internally. It’s called negotiating. There’s little details being finalized. Let’s watch and see together. “We” know they don’t want to play both yearly.

The problem is that we’re the most southern team geographically, but not even a little southern culturally. BIG is the much better fit for us imo.

I also find the argument that the good ol’ boys at the SEC wouldn’t look down at us because of the ratings opportunity to be silly. The same has been true for the ACC but that didn’t stop them. At the end of the day there’s relationships, interests, and incentives apart from the obvious one that appears to be a no brainer.

Travel might be annoying, but will it really be that much worse? If you’re road-tripping I guess. But a flight to Michigan is just an hour longer than a flight to Tennessee.
Ya'll all forgetting about the non revenue sports that would be tied into all of this. They are not gonna want to spend money for travel for sports that don't mean anything. SEC is where we are going. Like Moses coming down from teh mountain, it's in stone.

Advertisement
Back