MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Agreed I am hoping the UM/Clemson pairing means we are working closely together to leave the ACC, but that we will go our separate ways once we're out. We have the same problem- the GOR and buyout- so it makes sense to join forces to find a solution. After we come up with an exit strategy, then the ideal plan would be UM/UNC to B1G and Clemson/VT to SEC. FSU can join UCF in C-USA, where they might be competitive.

Nah. Once we transfer from the old ACC prison to the new SEC prison, we need to have each other's backs...

Advertisement
Miami- Clem makes sense to sec these are big boy moves and we have big boys making decisions thankfully. We would be Fvvvvked if Blake and Manny were still here
In this environment, nobody trusts anybody anymore. So if I'm Rad and want to defect from the ACC, I call the only guy in the conference I CAN trust to help me with that...my protege @ Clemson. We may all need to be ready to sacrifice sacred cows (i.e., the FSU rivalry) in exchange for survival in this College Football edition of the Hunger Games...

Last edited:
In this environment, nobody trusts anybody anymore. So if I'd Rad and want to defect from the ACC, I call the only guy in the conference I CAN trust to help me with that...my protege @ Clemson. We may all need to be ready to sacrifice sacred cows (i.e., the FSU rivalry) in exchange for survival in this College Football edition of the Hunger Games...
Exactly. ***** that rivalry honestly, new ones will form and old ones potentially reestablished (ND). If we leave that program rotting in what will effectively be the new division 2 then lmao.

LOL. Is it possible he was referencing Clemson seeing what was going on with Miami looking to leave the ACC (the Minnesota 247 guy published they were looking to leave) therefore Clemson is looking to leave to the SEC?

Not saying that’s what he meant but it looks a lot better than meaning Clemson scared of Miami on the field.
I thought the same thing. Ferman is an awful writer so it’s possible. I spent 5+ years on that site and still have no idea why.

Advertisement
Ok boys it’s done. Let’s roll
Clemson the plus one

6422CACD-344A-49E6-99D1-FC0D38AFE79C.gif

Advertisement
Agreed I am hoping the UM/Clemson pairing means we are working closely together to leave the ACC, but that we will go our separate ways once we're out. We have the same problem- the GOR and buyout- so it makes sense to join forces to find a solution. After we come up with an exit strategy, then the ideal plan would be UM/UNC to B1G and Clemson/VT to SEC. FSU can join UCF in C-USA, where they might be competitive.
UCF joined the Big 12. But joining USF in the AAC and G5-level seems appropriate for the Noles.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we can, behind closed doors, convince enough teams to bolt from the ACC, the conference would implode and we wouldn’t have to pay that exorbitant GOA fee.
That would be a tough road to follow but not impossible.

First of all, not every team from the ACC is wanted by another conference. Especially one that will pay them what they're getting now or more.

Secondly, It would take a majority of votes to move from the conference without penalty. So that means 8 schools would have to vote to exit the ACC. There aren't 8 schools strong enough to go to a better place. Otherwise, if they were that strong, there'd be no need to leave.

In order for the ACC to dissolve via a vote, the B1G10 and SEC would have to take at least 4 teams each. They would have to take a couple of schools they don't want in order to get the few teams they do want.

What would make sense is two 20 team leagues similar to what the NFL has in 2 Conferences and 8 divisions. In a new 40 team College Football Power League (CFPL), there would be 4 divisions of 5 teams in each league. It would make sense to follow an NFL and World Cup format. Each division would play another division in its own conference and rotate each year the same way the NFL does plus play 2 other games from the other conference for an 11 game regular season with 9 conference games. For playoff purposes, only games within a conference would count. Miami out of the B1G could play it's 2 non conference games against FSU and Florida.

The playoff selection would follow a World Cup format. You would have the top 2 teams from each division ranked for a 16 team playoff. So, basically to become a playoff team you have to be better than 3 other teams in your division similar to the World Cup pool play. This would provide more parody to college football especially the playoffs.

8 possible teams to leave the ACC:
Miami B1G
Clemson - SEC
FSU - SEC
VT - SEC
BC - B1G
UNC B1G
NC State - SEC
Duke - B1G

ND probably joins the B1G. With USC and UCLA joining the B1G, that would make 19 teams in the B1G. B1G takes 1 more from the PAC-12 conference likely Oregon or Stanford.

In this environment, nobody trusts anybody anymore. So if I'm Rad and want to defect from the ACC, I call the only guy in the conference I CAN trust to help me with that...my protege @ Clemson. We may all need to be ready to sacrifice sacred cows (i.e., the FSU rivalry) in exchange for survival in this College Football edition of the Hunger Games...

People better listen to this poster...

1657042636258.png

Advertisement
Back