MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

For those worried about playing B1G teams in the later months, cold and snow really isn’t happening in the northern months until like Jan-Feb. Even Christmas this year was mildly warm. I think we take our chances
And let's not forget that B1G teams would have to play us in the later months (muggy and humid). Evens out.

Advertisement
amy poehler deal with it GIF

Stamford is perhaps the best school in the nation with top sports programs everywhere.

I disagree. They barely have sports.

ND is contractually obligated to join the ACC if it joins a conference. I don't see how it can join the Big10 unless they are talking about about 2035.
Lolololol ok dude

coaches are contractually obligated to their school until
….

Advertisement
Appreciate your points Bender, but I have to side on @RVACane on this one. The SEC bigwigs are the most corrupt scumbags. Thick as thieves that old boys club is. They dont give a **** about academics or the athletes. The one thing they care about more than money is winning in my opinion. Being able to flash that trophy in everyone's face gets them off. Even if we went to the SEC, we would never be "accepted" and treated like the red headed stepchild. I agree with RVA that they would keep us in a box somehow. They would find a way to ***** us. Whether it be with scheduling or some other passive aggressive way to put more pressure on us than their core teams. It just doesnt smell right to me.

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Here's the thing... @RVACane is not wrong...

BUT, I think we are gonna get big-timed BY ANY CONFERENCE.

Big 10 is gonna treat us like we're the Clampetts, like we fired a shotgun in John Ruiz's backyard and hit a rich vein of money. Pac 12 would schedule all their meetings for 5 pm PST. Big 12 is Texas, we all know everything is bigger/better in Texas, and those mofos would give us all the dry brisket at the conference meetings.

Yeah, the ACC has held us down, but I wouldn't expect a warm welcome ANYWHERE. Politics and power dynamics...they are what they are.

The ONLY way that Miami would ever have power is if we stayed in the ACC, the SEC took UNC/NC State, the Big 10 took Duke/Wake, and then the remaining ACC did a hostile takeover of the Big 12.

Then and only then would Miami be able to rub its balls across the collective faces of WVU, UCF, Cincy, and the Texas wannabes.

Wait so now ND is the new CIS boogeyman? Because some poster on a Northwestern board who thinks the US News & World Report is a real thing and that FSU is a good school said they were blocking us? Oh geez.

To be fair, his analysis of Miami's or FSU's relative academics is inconsequential. He doesn't proclaim to have any kind of say in the matter, he's just passing off what he's hearing from the B1G conference side of things. TIFWIW..

Advertisement
hard to Believe we won’t be paired with fsu.

I’d like to be in the B1G selfishly since I live in the north and they would be up here a lot more but imo it makes way more sense for us to join SEC geographically for all sports and because it’s who we recruit against
There’s a better fit in the sec, but the big 10 likely gives us a better deal as they need southern relevancy and access to the south for recruiting.

I posted this in another thread, but even if we had to pay the $300MM+ to get out of the ACC, it would be worth it financially. If UHealth is really making $500MM then the money should be there. If the B1G and SEC keep adding premier schools then their new TV deals will be worth $100MM+. We’d end up making 3X the cost of exiting the ACC by 2035.

I've said it before, it is NEVER going to be that 300M amount. Not contractually (because this will take a few years and the numbers go down every year) and not practically (because Dan and Joe and Rudy have cojones of steel).

Also, there are...ways...to make the numbers smaller, like handing the "old" conference buddies revenue games. It's what we did with the Big East. The SEC won't care if we throw some away games at Syracuse and BC and Louisville. Every OOC revenue game we toss at the old ACC opponents is "money" in lieu of MONEY.

I've also said this before, our best bet is to have MANY of the ACC schools decide to pursue similar avenues. Miami-Clemson is great, but it will get easier and easier the more teams we have who want to go elsewhere. And it doesn't all have to happen at once. Let's say Miami-Clemson announce for the SEC membership TOMORROW, and we take 3 years to join (timed out to match Texas/OU). Sure, we could agree on numbers TOMORROW, but if the whole conference falls apart, we might never end up ACTUALLY paying anything.

The calculations and strategies are complex and fascinating. It's not going to be easy, but it's definitely doable.

The F$U part cracked me up.

I will say, if Tobacco Road stays strong, and VaTech is willing to jump to the SEC, then in that scenario F$U could be the lucky beneficiary. The ugly guy who joins in a foursome with three much hotter partners. Assuming the Gaytors are OK with some upstate dilution impact.

Advertisement
Is this speculation or actually smoke?
a little bit of both. in terms of where we end, its spec. I had heard that we were talking w the b10 but not sure how super serious the discussions got or how close they are in terms of making a move. I see us fitting in with the b10 pretty nicely esp since they're not taking the pac schools and are waiting on ND to decide. they'd need another to join with ND and miami makes sense from there. built in rivalry with ND so you still have a rivalry game in conference and we fit their profile better than we do with the SEC in terms of student body profile, quality of students, school size, and academic quality. its a logical step for the SEC to take in FSU and Clem realistically bc both fit their profiles better and both are truly southern. well see though.

Advertisement
Spec. I don’t think anyone actually knows anything concrete right now. Rad probably has a good idea of the ideal situation to aim for, but it’s probably a very fluid situation.
Josh Pate's tweet, which echoes Cribby's comments, makes me believe there is absolute fire to this.

He's got legit connections both at a high level within programs and at the media level. He mentioned on his podcast that Grant of Rights is not a real blocker and just fancy legal jargon to scare people.

For those worried about playing B1G teams in the later months, cold and snow really isn’t happening in the northern months until like Jan-Feb. Even Christmas this year was mildly warm. I think we take our chances
That cold weather crap was never more than a pathetic, convenient excuse for losing.

And, in recent years (most of this century), our guys were sucking wind in noon games in the brutal So Fla sun just as much as our opponents were.

2026 Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule:

9/3 -- vs Texas in Arlington
9/10 -- @ Kentucky
9/17 -- @ South Carolina
9/24 -- vs Florida
10/1 -- vs Tennessee
10/8 -- OPEN DATE
10/15 -- vs FSU
10/22 -- @ Vanderbilt
10/29 -- vs Oklahoma
11/5 -- @ Ole Miss
11/12 -- OPEN DATE
11/19 -- vs Clemson
11/26 -- vs Bethune-Cookman
12/3 -- @ LSU

SIGN ME THE FUDGE UP FOR THIS!!!!!

SEC makes sense
In the OB back in the 60s, more than a few UM fraternities broke out Confederate flags to wave at those night games (no home day games back then), while the Band of the Hour played 'Dixie.' They were ahead of their time I guess with all this current SEC talk.

Advertisement
Back