MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This conference is dead. Dan understands this. You guys all made fun of the B1G for adding Rutgers and Maryland years ago. It allowed them to have the Big10 Network in every house and bar in the DC and NYC area. This conference doesn’t even show Miami games in the Miami market for half of our fan base.
The Big10 network is popular because Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State are three of the top 7 most watched teams. Nobody in New York is watching Big10 football because of Rutgers.

Your point about the ACC being dead is correct though.

Advertisement
These confederate schools aren’t letting us in there so we can cheat ahead. Lol. No no no…. And no.

I think the SEC is a death blow for us. If they got us under their control, the Gator, Bama… all of em would create rules we need to follow which would eliminate our ability to compete above board like we are finally starting to now while they go back to their under the table dealings advantages. We’d be ****ed.

I don’t like it and don’t trust it one bit. I think we’d have a better shot at survival in the B1G.
Agree that they will **** us royally but so will big 10. I’d like to somehow be the top dogs of a third power conference. There is plenty of good schools and teams left. Miami has always led not followed.

5D5915BE-6DAE-49E8-AE80-ED74C981ACFB.gif

If the ACC, big12, PAC-whatever have any hopes of remaining in the game, one has to contract and two have to combine. It has to be a 24-28 team super conference that spans coast to coast.

My pick would be to take Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Arizona, Colorado, Baylor, Ok State, Kansas, and Iowa State (West Virginia first out behind ISU). Then apply big boy pressure on ND until they agree to full time membership.

Coast to coast, every time zone, competition in every sport and a lot of academic prestige for those who care about such things. Automatic relevancy because you're the first to 24 and enough teams balanced out to have an East and West division.

Advertisement
Stamford is perhaps the best school in the nation with top sports programs everywhere. ND is a good education. Duke is as well. Bring ND and Stanford to ACC and we will be more than fine. Clemson, Miami, FSU, ND, Stanford and, NC is nothing to laugh at. **** the SEC. Bunch of entitled cheaters. No thanks. Let’s create our own powerhouse athletic and academic. That could be much more formidable than the SEC

Advertisement
Isn't it just a grant of rights for their non-football sports? They already have their own football tv contract with NBC.

As I understand it, it's a "depends how you look at it answer." You are correct in that if ND wanted to stay independent in football and switch conferences tomorrow for the other sports, the GOR only applies for those non football sports. The catch is that the GOR also says that if ND ever decides to stop being independent in football, it HAS to join the ACC. So does the GOR then apply to the football program after it joins and decides to leave? Don't know. Maybe the case is that if they want to switch to the B1G for football, they have to technically join the ACC for 30 seconds and then can immediately pay the exit fee and leave. They may not be stuck with the GOR for football (only with exit fee) but would still have to pay the GOR for all the non football sports.

It may end up being an academic argument. If ND does decide to join the B1G for football, the ACC is 1000% dead anyways and a bunch of ACC teams will try to flee to other conferences ASAP. May not be an acc in 3 years so they never have to send the GOR money for any sport.

Many of us said for years that Swofford was an incompetent dunce, but Blake James made him look like Einstein by comparison. No better proof than this whole situation.

Advertisement
If we’re going to add teams to the ACC...

Ideally you’d want Baylor, OK ST, TTech & Kansas; Baylor OK ST & TTech are good at both FBall & BBall & Kansas adds a great deal of viewership for Basketball.
This wouldn't bring the $$$ of the Big 10 and SEC, but......... I'd love to see the looks on all the UCF fanbase when they realized they left the AAC for AAC Part II. lol

Logistically, the SEC makes the most sense. And that’s about it. They’ve been at the forefront of suppressing us for years and all those “southern” schools, in my view, would not be very welcoming. We are not a cultural fit with the SEC.

There a several “old” schools in the B1G that might be a bit objectionable to us but I think we fit better with them culturally and their academics are much better than the SEC.

As I understand it, it's a "depends how you look at it answer." You are correct in that if ND wanted to stay independent in football and switch conferences tomorrow for the other sports, the GOR only applies for those non football sports. The catch is that the GOR also says that if ND ever decides to stop being independent in football, it HAS to join the ACC. So does the GOR then apply to the football program after it joins and decides to leave? Don't know. Maybe the case is that if they want to switch to the B1G for football, they have to technically join the ACC for 30 seconds and then can immediately pay the exit fee and leave. They may not be stuck with the GOR for football (only with exit fee) but would still have to pay the GOR for all the non football sports.

It may end up being an academic argument. If ND does decide to join the B1G for football, the ACC is 1000% dead anyways and a bunch of ACC teams will try to flee to other conferences ASAP. May not be an acc in 3 years so they never have to send the GOR money for any sport.

Many of us said for years that Swofford was an incompetent dunce, but Blake James made him look like Einstein by comparison. No better proof than this whole situation.
No one is defending anyone's competence, they showed a lack of it in many areas. However, in this case, if you found anyone in 2013 when the GOR was signed, that Texas and Oklahoma would leave for the SEC and especially, UCLA and USC would join the Big 10 you would think they were insane. ****, you'd say they were insane less than 3 days ago.

Btw, if you do know someone who predicted this in 2013, please let me know. I'll bet the Super Bowl for the next 5 years and retire a rich man.

Advertisement
Logistically, the SEC makes the most sense. And that’s about it. They’ve been at the forefront of suppressing us for years and all those “southern” schools, in my view, would not be very welcoming. We are not a cultural fit with the SEC.

There a several “old” schools in the B1G that might be a bit objectionable to us but I think we fit better with them culturally and their academics are much better than the SEC.
Agreed, but I am torn. The travel for Big 10 would be horrendous, especially for olympic sports. At the same time, the SEC is just ugh. Let's just hope one or the other offers Miami at some point.

Miami is leaving the ACC. I don't know what to tell you.
Not going to happen any time soon. Forget about the $52M exit fee Miami would have to pay. There is an ACC "Grant in Rights Bylaw" which states that even if a school leaves the ACC, their tv revenue from the new conference would go to the ACC for the remainder of the ACC tv contract.

The current ACC tv contact runs through 2036. Miami would receive NO tv revenue for over a decade even if joining another conference.

So, it would be financial suicide for Miami to leave before the next 10 years unless the ACC members schools allow Miami to leave at a discount..

Last edited:
Us Clemson FSU and Louisville make the most sense in the SEC. I’d be nervous if Blake was still on charge but I trust that Radakovich is working the back rooms to get us in the super conference.

Agreed, but I am torn. The travel for Big 10 would be horrendous, especially for olympic sports. At the same time, the SEC is just ugh. Let's just hope one or the other offers Miami at some point.
There’s obviously good and bad with both scenarios. At least we’ve got an extremely competent AD to guide us through this challenge. We’ll just have to trust that he’ll do what’s best for the entire program - soon.

Advertisement
Back