MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Kevin Warren was just going along to get along.

Once Fox and ESPN got in that room this spring and said "Here's what we'll pay if you invite X, Y and Z" ... all the feel-good, ceasefire BS was over.

Bottom line here (and again just my opinion): The Canes only shot to getting an invite to either the B1G or the S-E-C is for the TV folks to say, "We will up your deal to 'X amount' to make it worthwhile" and Warren and/or Sankey says "OK, we'll invite Miami."

I don't think for a second school presidents and AD's in the SEC and B1G actually want Miami to be in their conferences.

Especially not with CMC and John Ruiz getting this thing back on track as appears to be happening
You maybe right about UM, but considering your initial point, which is that TV controls everything, your final point is moot.
UM is the MOST attractive school not in the Big 10 or SEC because Miami is far and away the biggest TV market left Now that Los Abgeles is locked into the Big 10. Seattle/Portland is a good market and that makes UW and the Oregon schools attractive, but even that pales in comparison to the S Fla TV market.

I will take the complete opposite position from you. The Big 10 and SEC will be tripping over themselves to capture the S Fla TV market and that not only means UM, it means a very good UM team as this market is only connected when the team is good. Rad is likely speaking with reps of both conferences
TV will not only make this a reality, it will make adding UM a priority.

Advertisement
Miami may not have a choice since AAU membership appears to be a prerequisite for joining the Big10.

This is a list of AAU members who aren't currently in the Big10 or SEC.

I'd assume Big10 would start further expansion with this list.

Pitt
Cal
Stanford
Duke
UVA
Washington
Georgia tech
Colorado
Arizona
Utah
Kansas
UNC
Oregon

In my opinion, Georgia Tech, being in Atlanta, probably will get an early call.
Georgia Tech does not bring the Atlanta market.
UGA is a much bigger play in the Atlanta market.
GTech built Atlanta and runs Atlanta, but their alumni could care less about sports.

Yep. People are (somehow) thinking that these conversations just started recently.

Dan knew that something might be afoot, whether he stayed at Clemson or came back home to Miami.

PS, I think we would be #2 on the Big 10's list (Notre Dame) and a bit lower on the SEC's list (Clemson, UNC), but we are definitely high up there with both.

Good point on ND but our TV market is not able to be competed with from anyone at this point.

Miami may not have a choice since AAU membership appears to be a prerequisite for joining the Big10.

This is a list of AAU members who aren't currently in the Big10 or SEC.

I'd assume Big10 would start further expansion with this list.

Pitt
Cal
Stanford
Duke
UVA
Washington
Georgia tech
Colorado
Arizona
Utah
Kansas
UNC
Oregon

In my opinion, Georgia Tech, being in Atlanta, probably will get an early call.

Please stop, already addressed.

Unless you think this is a bar to the Big 10 taking Notre Dame.

Advertisement
Listen we are #1 on both conferences list. All everyone was waiting on was our commitment financially. Don't think Dan didn't have a plan and knew what was going on at Clemson and who would make the most sense for his swan song... Having this kind of financial commitment AND winning on the field with a great P.R. coach like Mario is too good to pass up. We would add more value to a conference than any other school left and its not close. Think about our brand. Its top 5-6 in the country.
But wait I just listened to fat Manny’s podcast and he said he knows for a fact that nobody has approached Miami and Miami has not approached anybody so how could you be telling me the truth. He told me Miami is not attractive to anybody until they start winning and it’s a couple of years away. And fat man is never wrong

But wait I just listened to fat Manny’s podcast and he said he knows for a fact that nobody has approached Miami and Miami has not approached anybody so how could you be telling me the truth. He told me Miami is not attractive to anybody until they start winning and it’s a couple of years away. And fat man is never wrong

The funniest part of that is fat Manny knows it "for a fact". HOW? He was in the room where it (never) happened?

Besides, he hasn't ruled out Miami approaching leagues...

LMAO. Well I actually talk to people who know not those who pretend to

Advertisement
I believe that's what happened. There's something about original SEC members being allowed to veto a new school from joining.

I don't think they do this any longer.

Last go-round, UF, UGa, USC, and KY jelly pooled their 4 votes to collectively blackball Miami, F$U, GaTech, Clemson, and Louisville.

Here is the problem. We have been thrust into a pro system with professional endorsements, free agency, but the only governing bodies are the conferences. The NCAA does not have the teeth the NFL has over the NFC and AFC. Yet we see everything move towards 1 and now 2 super conferences.

Manny knows pinga.

Advertisement
Look, we're all Cane fans so we look at things through orange and green glasses, but that is the general reputation for Miami out there. I wish I was as confident as the rest of you, but Miami brings you half of the Miami market maybe a little more. FSU and Florida take up the other half. Miami doesn't bring you Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville. If you're the SEC, you MIGHT give FSU a look, but they've got Florida already. The Big 10 probably goes after FSU and hopefully Miami gets in with them, but definitely not a sure thing.
You’re an absolute ignorant fool. Miami draws tv wise alllll the time even when down. Facts. It’s a tv thing.

Or course there's nothing going on though lmao

Advertisement

Or course there's nothing going on though lmao
Work closely with the ACC? Don’t think it’s much more they can do for us. This relationship has run its course. We’re just waiting for the kids to turn 18 before the divorce.

Work closely with the ACC? Don’t think it’s much more they can do for us. This relationship has run its course. We’re just waiting for the kids to turn 18 before the divorce.

LOL that's is him knowing we are all wondering and giving us an assurance he isn't sitting back IMO. Rad is brash lol. He has probably lit into the ACC commish several times.

We better be very careful. I know the mentality of the kinds of people that head the SEC and their member schools. They will make a concerted effort to squeeze Miami out to the benefit of their existing confederate members Gates, Baga and Jawga recruiting efforts. We know the Blue Bloods in conjunction with the nc2a would love nothing better than to squeeze Miami out. Our only hope would "oddly" be to hitch our buggy to ND and join the Big 10 IMO. I don't see any other way we could financially compete with the mega conferences. I hear the Big 10 about to ink a 1 Billion TV deal that will net each member school $100 per year. I want you fellas to understand that Miami is the "Minority" and will face the wrath of the Blue Bloods and nc2a.
They do love our fertile recruiting ground and would love nothing better than to get us out of the way. That goes for the big ten too.

Advertisement
Back