MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I think Miami (and all other schools for that matter) should sit back and see how the overcrowded SEC pans out this next season before deciding to leave the ACC. Texas and Oklahoma's move to the SEC is going to kill some programs. Only time will tell. And if any of you think that Miami moving to the SEC would be a good thing, then you are still living in the 1980s heyday. We haven't even been able to win the Coastal Division (with one exception), much less the conference championship. If Miami ever moves to the SEC we can all kiss the football program goodbye.
@Grash
Stay off the grass

Advertisement
Advertisement
As an aside, I take it the Big 10, PAC 12, and ACC alliance is done or does the next meeting look like this?

That was some made-up, pie in the sky **** from the get-go because the ACC and Pac-12 were/are desperately trying to keep the status quo as best they could — and "The Alliance" nonsense was the only thing they could come up with.

It'd be like Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony saying they had a pact to work side by side with LeBron and D-Wade for the everlasting betterment of the Heat's future

Is there a creative way around the grant of MEDIA rights. Maybe pay Miami a signing bonus of say x dollars and then not pay media rights?

I really think people underestimating this. It will be an effort to leave us behind.
If dem man didn't squeeze us out with 20 years of the most incompetent admin coupled with coaches im not worried now. Our guys will figure it out. We aint trying to be good with our own money, we are trying to be the best at everything

That was some made-up, pie in the sky **** from the get-go because the ACC and Pac-12 were/are desperately trying to keep the status quo as best they could — and "The Alliance" nonsense was the only thing they could come up with.

It'd be like Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony saying they had a pact to work side by side with LeBron and D-Wade for the everlasting betterment of the Heat's future
True. I just can't believe the balls of the Big 10's commish to be part of the announcement of this "alliance" in August of last year and within 1 year poach the 2 biggest programs of one of his "partners". When is the formal press conference to announce USC and UCLA? I can't wait to hear the answers from the Big 10 commish most of all.

Advertisement
I just can't believe the balls of the Big 10's commish to be part of the announcement of this "alliance" in August of last year and within 1 year poach the 2 biggest programs of one of his "partners"

Kevin Warren was just going along to get along.

Once Fox and ESPN got in that room this spring and said "Here's what we'll pay if you invite X, Y and Z" ... all the feel-good, ceasefire BS was over.

Bottom line here (and again just my opinion): The Canes only shot to getting an invite to either the B1G or the S-E-C is for the TV folks to say, "We will up your deal to 'X amount' to make it worthwhile" and Warren and/or Sankey says "OK, we'll invite Miami."

I don't think for a second school presidents and AD's in the SEC and B1G actually want Miami to be in their conferences.

Especially not with CMC and John Ruiz getting this thing back on track as appears to be happening

Everything I've been reading has the SEC and Big10 obviously coming out on top here. But many are also saying the Big12 could survive, but not the ACC. Why wouldn't the ACC have a viable path to expansion if the Big12 does?

Also why wouldn't the ACC/Big12 just merge right now and preserve both conferences? Go straight to 24 teams.

I'm not saying that's what I'd want but if I were in charge of either conference I'd definitely be talking about it.

Advertisement
Everything I've been reading has the SEC and Big10 obviously coming out on top here. But many are also saying the Big12 could survive, but not the ACC. Why wouldn't the ACC have a viable path to expansion if the Big12 does?

Also why wouldn't the ACC/Big12 just merge right now and preserve both conferences? Go straight to 24 teams.

I'm not saying that's what I'd want but if I were in charge of either conference I'd definitely be talking about it.

Here's a (basic) guess.

If the Big 10 and SEC peel some schools off, then you'd have as many as three "weakened" conferences, the Pac 12, the Big 12, and the ACC.

I could see TWO of those three joining up and surving the hellscape, but whoever gets left out will be the weakest of the bunch.

Big 12 is right in the middle. Could be a good geographic "dance partner" for either the ACC or Pac 12.

Lots of chess to be played.

Look who is #1 in Bama eyes

Listen we are #1 on both conferences list. All everyone was waiting on was our commitment financially. Don't think Dan didn't have a plan and knew what was going on at Clemson and who would make the most sense for his swan song... Having this kind of financial commitment AND winning on the field with a great P.R. coach like Mario is too good to pass up. We would add more value to a conference than any other school left and its not close. Think about our brand. Its top 5-6 in the country.

Listen we are #1 on both conferences list. All everyone was waiting on was our commitment financially. Don't think Dan didn't have a plan and knew what was going on at Clemson and who would make the most sense for his swan song... Having this kind of financial commitment AND winning on the field with a great P.R. coach like Mario is too good to pass up. We would add more value to a conference than any other school left and its not close. Think about our brand. Its top 5-6 in the country.

Yep. People are (somehow) thinking that these conversations just started recently.

Dan knew that something might be afoot, whether he stayed at Clemson or came back home to Miami.

PS, I think we would be #2 on the Big 10's list (Notre Dame) and a bit lower on the SEC's list (Clemson, UNC), but we are definitely high up there with both.

Miami may not have a choice since AAU membership appears to be a prerequisite for joining the Big10.

This is a list of AAU members who aren't currently in the Big10 or SEC.

I'd assume Big10 would start further expansion with this list.

Pitt
Cal
Stanford
Duke
UVA
Washington
Georgia tech
Colorado
Arizona
Utah
Kansas
UNC
Oregon

In my opinion, Georgia Tech, being in Atlanta, probably will get an early call.

Advertisement
Back