MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Playing northwestern, Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue, and whoever the **** else they have sounds like ***.

The SEC is a no brainer move. Would love to face Florida and UGA and any other team.

We built one of the best staffs in the country. And if you can factor in the money we’d pull in through the network!?!?.

Imagine selling Miami and playing in the best league to recruits?

No brainer.

Moving to the BIG10 would be like us joining the ACC.

Advertisement
Not sure if I agree but either way, I am fine with it as long as we leave this ****** sinking ship.

Miami/FSU will go together like OU/Texas and USC/UCLA
You think we’d be treated more fairly in the SEC than the B1G? I don’t see that. I see it being like where we are now on steroids. I don’t doubt that we’d end up in the SEC though. Just not my preference between the two.

More importantly, I captured your avatar.

29C70CC4-2B7D-4599-8292-33D46509907D.gif

When there eventually 2-3 conferences with 18 teams, are there even gonna be P5 OOC games? Seems stupid to be playing 9 conference games and then adding, for us FSU, if they go SEC and we go BIG. That would be such a disadvantage when you know OSU, and others who don’t have an OOC rival, wouldn’t schedule that 10th P5 game.

Why do people keep talking about "fit" ??

Is USC or UCLA a fit for the B1G? They couldn't have anything less in common with Iowa or Rutgers or Illinois. This is no longer about fits, or rivalries. It's big business, period. It's professional sports. You make the best business decision for yourself at this point. Everyone else is.

Advertisement
When there eventually 2-3 conferences with 18 teams, are there even gonna be P5 OOC games? Seems stupid to be playing 9 conference games and then adding, for us FSU, if they go SEC and we go BIG. That would be such a disadvantage when you know OSU, and others who don’t have an OOC rival, wouldn’t schedule that 10th P5 game.

No. There will be no intraconference games, at least not in the SEC and what I feel will be the other superconference, the B1G.

If the SEC has 20 teams, that's college football to them. The sport doesn't exist outside those schools. There's already been plenty of discussions about scheduling models. Something like 4 pods of 5 teams each. You play everyone in your pod every year, and you rotate through the other schools. There are myriad ways to do it. But it'll be akin to what we just did in the ACC. Some permanent opponents, then rotate through the rest of the conference pretty regularly. A playoff, a championship game, and you're done. "National" champions.

No. There will be no intraconference games, at least not in the SEC and what I feel will be the other superconference, the B1G.

If the SEC has 20 teams, that's college football to them. The sport doesn't exist outside those schools. There's already been plenty of discussions about scheduling models. Something like 4 pods of 5 teams each. You play everyone in your pod every year, and you rotate through the other schools. There are myriad ways to do it. But it'll be akin to what we just did in the ACC. Some permanent opponents, then rotate through the rest of the conference pretty regularly. A playoff, a championship game, and you're done. "National" champions.
I can’t imagine not having FSU on the schedule.

We’ll get lost in the traffic & logjam of the SEC.

Don’t underestimate the politics that will be at play...

Us moving to the SEC is like a Cartel setting up shop right in front of the DEA headquarters; we’d be playing with fire hoping to not get burnt.

I’m in favor of moving, but panicking & being the last team to hop on the SEC cruise ship will have unforeseen effects that could leave us trapped in situation we can’t get out of.

We don’t wanna end up like TAMU & Mizzou...
You know how Ole Miss pays for Alabama’s sins…. Well… we’re Miami…

Advertisement
I can’t imagine not having FSU on the schedule.

Yeah, man. I hear you. I really don't like this stuff at all. It's completely flipping the sport on its head. But this has been coming for a LONG time. I was talking this stuff with people probably 8+ years ago. It was all just so clear to see, when you have TV revenue like this, you really have no need for the NCAA.

Maybe the conferences make some crazy rule to keep a rivalry intact, but really at the end of the day, schools are going to have to choose what's more important? Playing a team you've played for 100 years? Or making dozens and dozens and dozens of millions of dollars? I think we know which usually wins out, in just about every situation.

Thinking seems to be that the ACC really needs to get ND signed up asap as a full-time member. Otherwise, prognosis for the conference is not good.

USC just joined the B10. If ND were to join a conference at this point, it would be to the B10. Not to mention, this is most likely the death kneel for the ACC.

Advertisement
Well I obviously can’t see 15-20 years in the future...

But arriving to the SEC around the same time as Texas & Oklahoma would not bode well for us.
Why so pessimistic? We could compete successfully in the SEC within 5 years. A 2-3 years of top 5 recruiting — which is in reach — would get us even with the top dogs.

And the matchups would be incredibly ****. Guaranteed: We’d have fewer empty seats at HR.

Advertisement
Back