MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Can you just "get" B1G Network as a standalone?

I thought something like that always came with the "college sports" package on the various providers.

I get your point, but really B1G Network needs bundling or are you saying internet streaming signups?

There has been a lot of fighting lately between "tiers" of sports channels. There are basically two or three main tiers. The "best" tier is the channels that you get with the basic package, such as ESPN and FS1. In the past years, you usually got whatever your "local" regional was too, like Sunshine or Sports Channel Florida. Then you may have a couple of enhanced sports tiers, where you get extra sports channels by paying more.

On a BASIC level, I think that you get SEC and ACCN on the basic tier when you live in places like Florida or Georgia. Big 10 and Pac 12 (RIP) were not automatics, you would have to pay extra for those.

As far as a stand-alone, I haven't seen any cable carrier offer TRUE a la carte. I thought there was something that came out of Congress or a court case where we were going to be able to buy, say, ONE Major League baseball team (without having to pay for the whole package), but I haven't seen an a la cart choice for the major channels.

Advertisement
I honestly just skip past your posts because I assume you are just posting something juvenile and dumb, or trying to deliver an insult that’s so embarrassingly bad that I’m trying to do you a favor by ignoring it. Sorry I haven’t been giving you the attention you desperately want, sweetheart.
greece looks GIF

Advertisement
Absolute truth.

I wear UM stuff nearly every day. Can't tell you how many people in ATL have thrown up the U.

Probably around half the number that give you the finger 🤣🤣🤣
There are a lot of us here! I once read that outside of Florida, the Atlanta metro area is the largest UM alumni base. I have a UM Georgia plate and see other plates / car stickers / etc. pretty much every day and I'm almost an hour north of the city.

I've actually never been given the finger, but I'm a chick, so that may have something to do with it...haha. Maybe they do it behind my back.

Is it confirmed that UM voted with the ACC to sue FSU?
Miami didn't vote to sue FSU. It's in one of the exhibits - the UVA President's declaration. I'll try to find it again if I have time. But he specifically named all the school representatives that were there at the meeting in question and Miami was NOT there.

For the record, it's time for all the "let's just sit on the sidelines and let F$U spend money on legal fees" crowd to shut up.

Particularly if Stanford's offer to the Big 10 to take 25% for 10 years finds receptive ears...
MadTOC has entered the building!!!!

Let em have it!!!!

Advertisement
For the record, it's time for all the "let's just sit on the sidelines and let F$U spend money on legal fees" crowd to shut up.

Particularly if Stanford's offer to the Big 10 to take 25% for 10 years finds receptive ears...
These folks better get off their assess and start making some noise because other schools are seeing the urgency and we need to find some of that urgency ourselves

Last edited:

An attorney on Canesport commented the other day that he had some contact within the UM administration and his words were "they aren't worried, they will watch to see what happens with the FSU & Clemson law suits, see if they manage to leave and what happens once they do. It might be preferable to be a dominant program in a weak ACC, or, if that doesn't work, then go to the B10 further down the road". That is a scary scenario of "management" at a time of seismic change in conference control and conference membership. Egos too big? Is it Rudy that is running the "realignment evaluation and strategy" activities?

An attorney on Canesport commented the other day that he had some contact within the UM administration and his words were "they aren't worried, they will watch to see what happens with the FSU & Clemson law suits, see if they manage to leave and what happens once they do. It might be preferable to be a dominant program in a weak ACC, or, if that doesn't work, then go to the B10 further down the road". That is a scary scenario of "management" at a time of seismic change in conference control and conference membership. Egos too big? Is it Rudy that is running the "realignment evaluation and strategy" activities?
I've said it before on this thread, but I promise you that "staying in the ACC" is not an option. That's not going to happen. We're gonna make the jump as soon as we can. For all their faults, admin has not sat around on this issue specifically.

Advertisement
Miami didn't vote to sue FSU. It's in one of the exhibits - the UVA President's declaration. I'll try to find it again if I have time. But he specifically named all the school representatives that were there at the meeting in question and Miami was NOT there.
Presidents NOTIFIED?

Do you recall the poster's name?

From what I have heard, I think we should hope it is Rudy running the realignment show. Dude seems to have a pulse on the current state of the game. Not sure that is the case for others in the administration.

Advertisement
From what I have heard, I think we should hope it is Rudy running the realignment show. Dude seems to have a pulse on the current state of the game. Not sure that is the case for others in the administration.
Rudy's a guy who has, pretty quickly, accumulated a lot of power at UM. He is one of the guy's driving this process for us.

Rudy-Joe-Jose-Juan.

Those four are key.

Frenk is worthless. Radakovich is not really the lead-dog any longer.

Advertisement
Back