MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I am not “telling you anything” outside of reporting some of the comments and “theories” that are being discussed elsewhere on realignment threads by individuals from programs involved in trying to exit the ACC.
lol ok

“Hey everyone listen you can give me less money than everyone else’s but I still give you permission to kill me without getting arrested”

There is not a lawyer for a company like ESPN, or Fox, and most likely for the power two that would sign off on the provision being in a contract and open themselves up does lawsuits from other members who have no idea that was put into it. I will bet you everything I own everything you own and everything that everyone on this board on that that is not in the deal.

There may be provisions, for what happens if new members join a power to conference in terms of the revenue share, which is a complete and totally separate issue, even if dependent upon realignment. There is a look at that well-known already that readdress is allocation in 2028 or sooner if realignment happens. How people got from that to what you were telling us here is beyond me.

I had no idea that Q had branched out

Q Alphabet GIF by Mr A Hayes

Dear lord. I can’t imagine a world in which we’re riding FSuckU coattails to the B10 as good. That would be so EMBARRASSING to have become little brother
Who gives a **** how we get on the lifeboat? We've been sht for 20 years! If we keep stacking talent and improving on a bigger stage it won't matter in a few years regardless.

Advertisement
I think most of us enjoy your contributions and post on the site. However, I don't think you really have a leg to stand on implying someone is posting conspiracy theories when you've posted many times in this thread that we have a locked in spot with the B1G. You've kind of backed off lately on being so confident as that looks shaky at best right now.
a conspiracy theory and actual facts evolving are not the same thing but believe what you want. I still believe we will be in big ten and I never said it would be before 2026/7 barring some miracle and NO one was expecting Oregon and wash to take half shares at the time which is really the only reason doubt was injected imo. My issue more lately has been with Dan being way more political than required. I can disagree with his strategy on that front but it doesn’t make it wrong yet.

The problem with this and ever message board is people acting like life doesn’t have changes which may alter a path even if the destination is the same which is fundamentally different that absurd conspiracy theories but y’all have fun with that.

Dear lord. I can’t imagine a world in which we’re riding FSuckU coattails to the B10 as good. That would be so EMBARRASSING to have become little brother
Whatever. Who gives a **** if you’re buying into what they say as if fsu has voting rights in who comes with them to a conference they don’t have a vote in. They don’t.

USC said same thing about ucla but ucla contacted B1G first just as a random example of narrative vs fact

Interesting comments in the Warchant 1900 page thread on Realignment made by a poster who supposedly has MEDIA contacts. He is one of the more prominent, respected posters on the site, especially regarding the Noles leaving the ACC.

"At least 8 schools now have landing spots outside the ACC ..not all 8 are fully satisfied with their deals to jump. The B12 is preparing to cherry pick once the heavyweights announce ... Duke is high on their list".

There were then a lot of comments / observations that in order to get all 8-10 on board to dissolve the conferences / media partners might have to make some concessions, ie, partnering Nc State with UNC in order to expedite the change, and possibly partnering Miami with FSU, even if it is at less than full share for a period, in order to get the votes needed to dissolve and save everybody $$$. There is simply too much smoke from serious individuals to believe that status quo will be maintained. It just feels like something concrete will happen before the July1 date that Cal/Stan/SMU are slated to join the ACC. Adios ACC.
Miami not even with a B12 Christmas Card...

Sunbelt.

You heard me.

Tell'em @USNAVYCANE

Advertisement
What about generally in non profit entities/corporations in terms of majority members voting to dissolve? (If you know off hand)
Generally is for the organization to decide in its organizing documents. I believe that is the case in NC. Their code provides for procedures if the organization does not state for itself. However, depending on how the events are ordered, the conference would have to provide notice to the NC Attorney General if it is going to dispose of substantially all of its assets as part of the dissolution.

Programs like Bama and UGA have a great deal of assistances. Doesn’t hurt…
Depends on who they are. If it is UF picking at the scrap yard of the SunBelt, it probably doesn't move the needle. If it is Bama with former head coaches and NFL coaches as analysts, then that helps. They called Sarkisian up from the bullpen the week of the championship game. Maybe two other schools would have that luxury after their OC went on a bender following the semis.

Advertisement
Whatever. Who gives a **** if you’re buying into what they say as if fsu has voting rights in who comes with them to a conference they don’t have a vote in. They don’t.

USC said same thing about ucla but ucla contacted B1G first just as a random example of narrative vs fact
That's a new one. Haven't heard from anybody that FSU "has a vote" on who comes with them. This entire process is driven by the media partners and what they decide, maybe with some limited input from the conferences.

That's a new one. Haven't heard from anybody that FSU "has a vote" on who comes with them. This entire process is driven by the media partners and what they decide, maybe with some limited input from the conferences.
Ultimately, if the networks want a team in a conference, the conference is probably going to take them. USC was apparently vehemently against bringing Oregon and Washington to the BIG, and yet it happened. I do think it helps us that networks are driving realignment, because we do have a good market and have the potential to be a very good product. We already beat half the BIG in TV numbers and home game attendance (and that's with a bad product). If we can take the next step this year, it'll be a big help.

a conspiracy theory and actual facts evolving are not the same thing but believe what you want. I still believe we will be in big ten and I never said it would be before 2026/7 barring some miracle and NO one was expecting Oregon and wash to take half shares at the time which is really the only reason doubt was injected imo. My issue more lately has been with Dan being way more political than required. I can disagree with his strategy on that front but it doesn’t make it wrong yet.

The problem with this and ever message board is people acting like life doesn’t have changes which may alter a path even if the destination is the same which is fundamentally different that absurd conspiracy theories but y’all have fun with that.

Most logical individuals understand that things change in life. However, nothing that has posted in this thread has been proven fact. It's been rumors mostly by a few individuals supposedly in the know that could also be considered theories. Conspiracy perhaps. Regardless, it's pretty obviously things have changed so nothing should be eliminated off the table is all I'm saying. At the end of the day all of us want the same thing and that is what is best for our beloved program. I truly hope what your saying is fact and we've got a really good chance of making it into the P2 because if we don't it's truly going to be difficult to keep up.

Advertisement
is there any "tampering/conspiring" rules in the ACC contract that they could use to bite us in the ***? Or are we clear to be meeting with the other universities??

is there any "tampering/conspiring" rules in the ACC contract that they could use to bite us in the ***? Or are we clear to be meeting with the other universities??

I have a feeling the colluding complications could be bigger than just conference rules. I feel like these "out of the P2" teams are going to file a lawsuit against these conferences and ESPN/FOX when it's all said and done. It seems like there's certainly market collusion and teams certainly seem like they'll be able to claim damages.

I have a feeling the colluding complications could be bigger than just conference rules. I feel like these "out of the P2" teams are going to file a lawsuit against these conferences and ESPN/FOX when it's all said and done. It seems like there's certainly market collusion and teams certainly seem like they'll be able to claim damages.
Damages will be very difficult to establish, especially if ESPN simply states they are not extending the media agreement past June 30, 2027. They had the option to extend in 2021 ... and they chose not to. There is no media agreement past June 30, 2027, just 3 more seasons, and we are entering 2024, and if teams "leaving" leave for 2027. No damages.

Advertisement
Back