MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I very much look forward to to this playing out in court

There is a “murder mystery” type rats nest of collusion and deception that will come to light.

NIL and compensation to the athletes, arguably title 9 that will make ESPN look really bad.

Worst case scenario 2027 is the end. Which is a huge improvement to what the public thought a few months ago.

I believe this gets settled within the next 18 months

This judge has no hope of overseeing this case. ACC lawyers will demand (and rightfully so) a recusal.
Okay but you never know how it goes that way, kinda like anyone from a Federal district court judge to aSupreme Court justices staying on cases around the person who appointed them. They don’t look at it as that direct often

doubt he recused just off of being an alum

Advertisement
This judge has no hope of overseeing this case. ACC lawyers will demand (and rightfully so) a recusal.

They can demand a recusal, but I'm not so sure it will be granted.

First, it's gonna be hard to find a judge in Leon County that does't have some sort of degree from F$U, whether that is undergrad or law or something else.

Second, even Trump has one of his cases before a judge HE APPOINTED. And no matter how anyone feels about politics, I'd argue that if a judge was NOT recused on a case involving THE PERSON WHO APPOINTED HER, then it's very possible that this judge in Leon County would not be recused either.

We shall see.

First, it's gonna be hard to find a judge in Leon County that does't have some sort of degree from F$U, whether that is undergrad or law or something else.

Second, even Trump has one of his cases before a judge HE APPOINTED. And no matter how anyone feels about politics, I'd argue that if a judge was NOT recused on a case involving THE PERSON WHO APPOINTED HER, then it's very possible that this judge in Leon County would not be recused either.

We shall see.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Post in thread 'Conferences to Watch Before it Gets Deleted (This time it's personal)'
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...ed-this-time-its-personal.178340/post-7000548

Advertisement
Fact or fiction aside...

Let's discuss what we think a "merger" looks like:

B1G - 18
SEC - 16
XII - 16
ACC - 17 + ND
Pac - 2

*numbers/teams could be off

@TheOriginalCane @Ispyin

I'm not going to go too far into the fan fiction here.

Here's the reality.

If the Big 10 and SEC get the best remaining expansion teams in the next couple of years...and if the Big 10 has a deal with Fox/CBS/NBC...and the SEC has a deal with ESPN/ABC...

Then I don't care if you merge ALL the leftover teams in the ACC with ALL of the teams in the Big 12, and then you add the Pac 2 and the AAC and the CUSA and the MAC...

It's STILL just a HUGE drop-off from the Power 2 to...whatever that third conference Frankenstein monster turns out to be...

If anyone thinks there is a willing network or three to pay Power 2 money to the Big American Atlantic Coast USA 12, I've got some bad news for you...

OK, after a lengthy consultation...

I think Miami should give the ACC exit notice IMMEDIATELY and offer to pay the FULL damages under the GOR.

We can negotiate the ACC Constitution exit fee amount (and Maryland did too).

Then, since we are too late to exit for the 2024-2025 season, we roll along as is for next year.

We then cut a check for the 2025-2026 and 2026-2027 seasons. The TWO seasons that are currently under contract with ESPN.

We also cut a check for the 2027-2036 years. Except, because there ARE NO 2027-2036 seasons yet, the check is for zero-point-zero.

Do it NOW, before ESPN exercises its option to pick up the 2027-2036 years.

1703619207034.png

1703619237744.png

Last edited:

I think Miami should give the ACC exit notice IMMEDIATELY and offer to pay the FULL damages under the GOR.

Then, since we are too late to exit for the 2024-2025 season, we roll along as is for next year.

We then cut a check for the 2025-2026 and 2026-2027 seasons. TWO seasons that are currently under contract with ESPN.

We also cut a check for the 2027-2036 years. Except, because there ARE NO 2027-2036 seasons yet, the check is for zero-point-zero.

View attachment 275349
View attachment 275350
It should be zero point zero any way because Miami would have exited and would no longer an ACC member before ESPN executed the option. Am I right?

It should be zero point zero any way because Miami would have exited and would no longer an ACC member before ESPN executed the option. Am I right?

Yes, but I am talking about the 2025-26 and 2026-27 seasons, which are guaranteed to be paid by ESPN. The option is for the 2027-28 season and all subsequent seasons through 2035-36.

Advertisement
I'm not going to go too far into the fan fiction here.

Here's the reality.

If the Big 10 and SEC get the best remaining expansion teams in the next couple of years...and if the Big 10 has a deal with Fox/CBS/NBC...and the SEC has a deal with ESPN/ABC...

Then I don't care if you merge ALL the leftover teams in the ACC with ALL of the teams in the Big 12, and then you add the Pac 2 and the AAC and the CUSA and the MAC...

It's STILL just a HUGE drop-off from the Power 2 to...whatever that third conference Frankenstein monster turns out to be...

If anyone thinks there is a willing network or three to pay Power 2 money to the Big American Atlantic Coast USA 12, I've got some bad news for you...
That network is going to have an incredibly fun Conference on their hands though.

Yes, but I am talking about the 2025-26 and 2026-27 seasons, which are guaranteed to be paid by ESPN. The option is for the 2027-28 season and all subsequent seasons through 2035-36.
Agreed. All I am saying........in that scenario, at worst Miami would only have to pay back grant of rights for 2 seasons since ESPN hasn't picked up the option plus the exit fee. I like your zero point zero option better though because of the nepotism of the commissioner hooking up his son's network, which meant the ACC did not operate in the best interest of it's members.

We then cut a check for the 2025-2026 and 2026-2027 seasons. The TWO seasons that are currently under contract with ESPN.

View attachment 275349
View attachment 275350
This is kind of like Kennedy negotiating with nikita khrushchev during the Cuban missile crisis

We accept the terms of the first letter. In this case the grant of rights through 2027 and ignore the terms of the second letter in this case, the extension and saves Miami’s football world.

Advertisement

We shall see.
Hey, I'm hoping FSU wins the case and opens the door for us to get the **** out of the ACC, but this development is just begging for an appeal. As you said, we shall see

Hey, I'm hoping FSU wins the case and opens the door for us to get the **** out of the ACC, but this development is just begging for an appeal. As you said, we shall see

Yes.

What I think I'm saying is this.

If, a few months ago, someone told you "hey, you can exit the GOR before 2036, only paying 2 years worth of damages", I think several schools would have taken that deal.

So...I wonder...will several schools TRY to take that deal?

Interesting...

Advertisement
Back