MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

So based on what I’m reading, the scenario we want to happen next is the B10 to swoop in and rescue Stanford and Cal before the ACC votes them in?
That clock is ticking down on that scenario.

So once the ACC admits the three new members, we are stuck until Miami works out their exit on their own, likely through big $$ (not likely) or the Big10 facilitating deal on Miami’s behalf (likely with partial share for x number of years).

I don;t think we can work with Clemson or FSu, since I’m not sure how feasible the B10 does that arrangement for multiple teams. Maybe one other team. I rather it be Clemson over FSU.

Advertisement
Much like Miami returning to be consistent Top 10 football program, leaving the ACC for the Big Ten will take longer than instant gratification prefers.

Wow ... GOR = Grant of Rights. THAT is the entire reason that we are still HERE as opposed to headed to the B10. All ACC teams signed a MEDIA GRANT OF RIGHTS with the ACC which runs through 2036 and the ACC assigned / sold those rights to ESPN ... so ESPN controls 100% of our media rights (ie right to broadcast games and receive money) through 2036.

Thank you. Now I understand.

True. But @NorthernVirginiaCane has backed off of his 2036 claim, and now says we might only have to serve hard prison time until "the early 2030s".

But, yes, if anyone thinks Miami can survive FOURTEEN years of slow fiscal asphyxiation, then I don't know what else can be said...
asphyxiation?

I have an assortment of gag balls, zipper masks, and latex suits for...

oh...I mean a friend of mine does so I heard.

Wait, are we talking abour college conference realignment?

My bad.

Advertisement
So based on what I’m reading, the scenario we want to happen next is the B10 to swoop in and rescue Stanford and Cal before the ACC votes them in?
That clock is ticking down on that scenario

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

NBC has already told Notre Dame they will get more money playing BIG teams vs ACC teams. If they join a conference. It will be the BIG.

In the vacuum that statement is true. However, ND is quasi tied to the ACC Grant of Rights as they agreed, that IF they joined a conference from 2020 to 2036, they would join the ACC

Everything is negotiable. And if ND wants top dollar, my guess is they join up with Miami FSU Clemson in negotiating out of the GOR to join big ten

In the vacuum that statement is true. However, ND is quasi tied to the ACC Grant of Rights as they agreed, that IF they joined a conference from 2020 to 2036, they would join the ACC

Everything is negotiable. And if ND wants top dollar, my guess is they join up with Miami FSU Clemson in negotiating out of the GOR to join big ten
That's where this whole thing gets interesting. According to @Genetics56 ... FOX had initiated discussions with ESPN regarding some sort of deal to "facilitate" two ACC programs rights being transferred ... a buyback / swap .... "arrangement" to facilitate the FSU / Clemson move to the B10. Initiated is the key word ... apparently no deal was reached or talks are ongoing ... and the SEC had "reportedly" gotten interested / involved as well in adding two programs. A lot of debate and commentary regarding WHICH two. Some say "obviously it is FSU / Clemson" others say "UNC / UVA". The B10 and media partners have a strategy meeting prior to Labor Day weekend. Doubt any action is taken short term but at least strategy is being discussed re the "next stage". Hope it is FSU / Clemson to the SEC and Miami / UNC to the B10 ... announced after Miami's upcoming 10-2 regular season.

Advertisement
I’m assuming that he still thinks we’re contractually stuck until 2036 but that we can afford the buyout a few years ahead of that???

Yeah, that is his claim. "Ironclad".

If we left tomorrow, there's no way we are paying the full amount. It will be negotiated.

But he thinks we should wait for 10 years, get closer to the expiration, and then pay the full amount for only four years or so.

Makes no fiscal sense at all. But, hey, he's the expert on these IRREVOCABLE assignments. He writes "enforceabilty opinions". I guess he is able to charge a lot of money for repeating the word IRREVOCABLE in all of his memos and concluding that 100% of assignments are enforceable...

That clock is ticking down on that scenario.

No. Quite the opposite.

It would be ideal if the Big 10 invites six ACC schools.

Yeah, Stanford for me IIRC which would be why I asked if they hired her. I don’t even remember the broader conversation beyond Cal and ND being mentioned. I don’t have a dog in the fight beyond saying Rice shouldn’t be underestimated and we don’t know if she holds any cards or not but she’s a highly capable person.

TOC will admit to being wrong one time….

The time he actually thought he was wrong……😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Shout out to round two of the premature ACC is going to vote on CAL Stanford this week Premature victory tour champions.

It’s going so well that the rumorers that rumor are talking about how ESPN has asked the big 12 to take a look at those two should the ACC fall down. Maybe condi changed her mind and wants to visit aspen more after Colorado games?

No idea on that but so many were saying the vote was imminent and this was the week (again). Maybe it still is gonna happen round 3

Last edited:
Shout out to round two of the premature ACC is going to vote on CAL Stanford this week Premature victory tour champions.

It’s going so well that the rumorers that rumor are talking about how ESPN has asked the big 12 to take a look at those two should the ACC fall down. Maybe condi changed her mind and wants to visit aspen more after Colorado games?

No idea on that but so many were saying the vote was imminent and this was the week (again). Maybe it still is gonna happen round 3

To be clear take this with giant rocks of salt:

Big12 is beneath Stanford. Think they'd rather be independent.

Honestly the financial reasons aren't even the top reason I think we need to get to the Big10 asap. If the payout was the same as we are currently getting from ACC, but in Big10, I'd still be reasonably happy with that arrangement.

The Big10 is going to be national and going to be Fox/CBS/NBCs main/only/primary focus, while ESPN is going to entirely be focused on the SEC. Not being a part of that is how you're athletic brand slowly dies. And with how Disney wants to sell all/some of ESPN, we're going to be faced with a situation where we're only going to be watched on Amazon Prime or like AppleTV subscribers. That's not good for our brand. If YoutubeTV can't broadcast it, it's bad.

Advertisement

Sorry but those guys are blundering idiots talking about Miami and Nebraska in the Big 12. So you want Nebraska to take a humongous pay cut and Miami to take a pay cut from the ACC. Oh and FSU is completely undesirable.

These guys have been posting clickbait nonsense for weeks.

Wow .. never heard of these two "clowns" (an insult to actual clowns). Their parents must be their only subscribers. Talk about a podcast with no content made by individuals with no knowledge. "FSU has nowhere to go ... nobody will take them"? "Tired of listening to programs pressuring media partners saying they need more money". They why are they making a half *** attempt to DO a "show" on realignment? There are guys out there like Pate ... knowledgeable that deserve respect, and provide an intelligent insight into topics ... and then there are clowns like these guys. Crazy.

Wow .. never heard of these two "clowns" (an insult to actual clowns). Their parents must be their only subscribers. Talk about a podcast with no content made by individuals with no knowledge. "FSU has nowhere to go ... nobody will take them"? "Tired of listening to programs pressuring media partners saying they need more money". They why are they making a half *** attempt to DO a "show" on realignment? There are guys out there like Pate ... knowledgeable that deserve respect, and provide an intelligent insight into topics ... and then there are clowns like these guys. Crazy.
Oh yeah most/all of their content is bull****.

either way Stanford/cal vote that multiple other writers posted about as happening didn’t …again….yet.

Advertisement
Back