MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

For me, the TOC/NVC subplot is the best part of this thread.

We should all want TOC to be right because it’s better for us that we can get out of the ACC but there is a part of me that thinks it would be entertaining on the subplot side to watch TOC tell NVC why we’re stuck in the ACC until 2036 but it isn’t what he said or thinks it is. 😂
Glad to entertain. He's laughably wrong on the law.

But just to be clear on my view, I'm not saying nothing until 2036. I'm more thinking nothing until 2032 or so ...
Reality React GIF by Married At First Sight
Why are you still here? You've been exposed as a lightweight coffee ***** boy.

Advertisement
I’ll be curious to see what happens when/if Disney gets sold.I saw where the gov’t is involved in it now trying to block the sale so if there’s no sale does espn have the money to throw a billion plus at the SEC?

And if it does sell are the new owners as invested in CFB as Disney currently is and are they inclined to go head to head with the other 3 networks?

Gonna be interesting just to see where this goes with the sale and what the new package looks like for the SEC if Disney is forced to hold on and find another buyer ( not sure why the current sale is being held up or investigated) or if it does sell what do the new owners do.

Glad to entertain. He's laughably wrong on the law.

But just to be clear on my view, I'm not saying nothing until 2036. I'm more thinking nothing until 2032 or so ...

Why are you still here? You've been exposed as a lightweight coffee ***** boy.
Permaban bet or user name bet?

If (and when) you lose, either a permaban or your name has to be NorthernVaginaCane

Advertisement
ESPN is owned by Disney are they not so I’m assuming if Disney gets sold ESPN would be a part of the sale but hey I’m no lawyer and I’m not getting into that TOC /NVC battle.

I’m just some old fart that’s curious as to what might happen if ..

You think Disney would sell itself?? I have read they may consider selling ESPN or do some type of partnership like they did with Penn and their betting app.

Yeah, this one is going to be a bad mixture of factors, and will likely prove out some of our basic predictions on "avenues for exit".

First, to be clear, there are two possible extreme ends of the "outcome" spectrum, and a lot of possibilities in between. One extreme is to go "scorched earth" and to have 8 or more schools vote to dissolve the ACC. The other extreme is that everyone is nice and polite and the ACC lets everyone leave who wants to leave, and takes enough additional schools to replace them, and there are no GOR implicaations, and everyone who leaves happily pays their exit fees.

Personally, I'd love to see the latter outcome. I don't want to see yet another conference collapse if it doesn't need to happen that way. But my realistic side says that we are probably closer to the first outcome because certain schools will not want to compromise, thus schools that want to leave have to "hold hostage" the concept of expansion as a bargaining chip.

Having said that...

It's tricky...

I am sure that some schools are trying to convey cooperativeness on the expansion issue as a way to continue to figure out a pathway that takes them out of the ACC, without being subject to spurious claims of collusion and bad-faith bargaining. Fine. Whatever. And on an academic basis, Stanford-Cal would be amazing additions.

But we can't ignore the math. Either in what has led us to this point (widening revenue gap between the ACC and the Big 10/SEC) and what can happen when you add more "Together 4ever" voices to a voting bloc.

The brutal reality is that NONE of these steps are going to bring the ACC $75M per school. NONE of these steps are going to force ESPN to do something that ESPN doesn't want to do.

Therefore, no matter what pie-in-the-sky and stars-in-the-eyes that seem to come from this illusory "Era of Good Feelings" where nobody has given notice and it LOOKS LIKE other schools actually want to sign on to our disastrous GOR and GOR extension to 2036, the truth is that there are still some schools lookig for the door.

I've made it clear, I am anti-Frenk. And if Frenk overrules Rad and casts a Miami vote in favor of inviting Stanford-Cal WITHOUT EXTRACTING SIGNIFICANT CONCESSIONS THAT WOULD ALLOW MIAMI TO EXIT THE ACC AND JOIN THE BIG 10 WITHOUT OPPOSITION AND AT MINIMAL COST, then I am going to do everything I can as an alum to see that Frenk is removed as UM President as soon as possible.

If Beta Blake and BC (and Syracuse and Duke and Wake and everyone else) want to have a still-existing conference once we leave, that's fine, but it's going take some compromise.

A vote to "expand" the ACC before we solve all our other problems is both stupid and self-sabotage. So, sure, it seems like something that is JUUUUST dumb enough for ACC Presidents to actually do.

"Destined for Failure". That should be the name of the ACC *** tape and/or the subtitle on the retrospective history of the conference once known as the ACC.
Condi is pushing/pressuring/demanding for ND to join the ACC with Cal and Stanford and 1 other college. behind the scenes right now are incredible.

...I would not bet against Condi..

Best thing that would happen for us is Comcast gets ESPN. Because they have South Florida and now have a piece of the Big Ten deal it would help. Very complex negotiation, but have to think it’s on the table.

You think Disney would sell itself?? I have read they may consider selling ESPN or do some type of partnership like they did with Penn and their betting app.

Disney on a whole is for sale and they had a buyer ( or group of buyers) that were paying something like a trillion dollars for it and the SEC stepped in to stop the sale for whatever reason.

I’m not sure if it was part of Disney or all of it but I’d imagine for a trillion dollars it’s most of it..

Advertisement
Condi is pushing/pressuring/demanding for ND to join the ACC with Cal and Stanford and 1 other college. behind the scenes right now are incredible.

Still going to be hard to get enough team votes to add them wouldn't it be. There should be enough NO votes to keep it from happening.

This is the one time Condi needs to go eat a fat ****!

Still going to be hard to get enough team votes to add them wouldn't it be. There should be enough NO votes to keep it from happening.

This is the one time Condi needs to go eat a fat ****!

But if she could somehow convince Notre Dump to join she would probably get the votes.

Not sure Notre Dump ever would but they were pushing hard for Stanford and Cal so if they want them in that bad then join up….They would be the answer for more money and maybe saving the ACC

Advertisement
But if she could somehow convince Notre Dump to join she would probably get the votes.

Not sure Notre Dump ever would but they were pushing hard for Stanford and Cal so if they want them in that bad then join up….They would be the answer for more money and maybe saving the ACC
You think they get 12 votes? I don't. I believe they get 4 no's minimum. Programs know they are **** out of luck to compete getting so underpaid in the long haul.

Condi can eat the corn out of my **** if she pulls this off because the programs in this conference will not be able to compete financially with the B1G and SEC.

Advertisement

Why would ND do that??? They make plenty on their own without being bound to anyone entirely.

Anyone want to tell her old boss isn’t president of usa and neither is she?

Advertisement
Back