MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
The current administration at Pitt also has B1G roots. I personally wouldn't be super surprised if they sneak into the B1G but it'd definitely be a last man in type of deal. I'm also not clear how the Pedo State administration currently views their potential membership.
It really depends on what the SEC does. What if the SEC says nah I'm good? or if the SEC goes for like 4-6 programs?
Lets say Big 10 adds say Miami, FSU, has a spot for ND, VTech, and GTech... That would put them at 23 after getting OU and UW. With Stanford, Cal, Pitt, and potentially more avaialble. Who would be #24? I'd assume either of those 3 would be partial shares regardless. Would Big10 REALLY go with Pitt over Stanford? Personally I doubt it.

Interesting. Hadn't heard that the B1G was pursuing VT. I wonder at whose expense -- hope it's not ours.

UVA would seen a much better fit in the B1G than the SEC. Vandy would get some relief as the football whipping boy if UVA joined the SEC.

I wouldn’t worry about us - we’ve got a spot with the big10.

The current administration at Pitt also has B1G roots. I personally wouldn't be super surprised if they sneak into the B1G but it'd definitely be a last man in type of deal. I'm also not clear how the Pedo State administration currently views their potential membership.
I honestly don’t foresee Pitt making it in. I think they end up B12. But I honestly can’t see anyone taking GT before they take Pitt. Atlanta market or not.

Advertisement
I honestly don’t foresee Pitt making it in. I think they end up B12. But I honestly can’t see anyone taking GT before they take Pitt. Atlanta market or not.
I did forget about the contract clause that offered new money for each new market the B10 enters. So that’s on me

Personlly I'd take stanford (and maybe Cal) at half share over both and forever own entire west coast market.
But I'd take GT over Pitt...

Doesn't matter what I believe. The B1G I'm sure - if we're lucky enough to have them come calling - can point to two consecutive decades of irrelevance when they negotiate. We have no one to blame for that but ourselves.

Bull****.

They just paid Oregon, who has won PLENTY of games over the past 2 decades, a HALF-SHARE. Because it's not about win-loss "irrelevance", it's about market size and viewership and capital investment and other factors.

"Irrelevance". Pleeeease.

Advertisement
I think it's more the B1G's policy, not based on an individual school. A "gotta pay your dues" type thing.

Uh, no. Wrong.

The first (and only previous) time the Big 10 did that was with Rutgers/Maryland.

The SURE AS **** didn't give half-shares to USC/UCLA.

Last edited:
Bull****.

They just paid Oregon, who has won PLENTY of games over the past 2 decades, a HALF-SHARE. Because it's not about win-loss "irrelevance", it's about market size and viewership and capital investment and other factors.

This. Not sure why this is a difficult concept for some.

Advertisement
Bull****.

Don't leave out leverage (regarding getting full share or not). SEC was never going to target OU/UW/Stanford/Cal, and the Pac deal was trash, with Big12 only being slightly better, but no long-term potnetial. ... Like at least imo the SEC would have added USC if they could have. Same way they would add Notre Dame if they could. Even if they didn't fit the geographic footprint they want to maintain.
Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC though, all have more leverage. Cause even if the SEC isn't trying to get all 4 of us, there is that potential, which the Big10 has to compete with, which wasn't there for OU/UW...

Advertisement
Bull****.

What better word would you use to describe UM's play on the field over the last couple decades?

Uh, no. Wrong.

The first (and only) previous time the Big 10 did that was with Rutgers/Maryland.

The SURE AS **** didn't give half-shares to USC/UCLA.
We'll see what they give UO and UW, especially the Huskies. Seattle's a bigger media market than South Florida (#12 in market size, Miami ranks #18 in the Nielsen DMA ratings).

VT has a surprisingly good academic reputation. Not as strong as UVA's, obviously.

VT also - surprisngly - has a REALLY good TV rating. There's a reason why the Big10 is pursuing VT.

FWIW, rumor is that UVA wants to go to SEC.

I knew UNC was definitely more interested in the SEC, and UVa was a bit of a mystery, they are VERY quiet. But I started hearing that they had mutual interest with the SEC, and from the SEC's standpoint, UNC-UVa is their master-race-plan to reunite the 13 Confederate stars.

So I'm fine with:

SEC - UNC and UVa
Big 10 - UM, FSU, Clemson, VaTech (plus ND with a scheduling arrangement)
Big 12 - Louisville, Pitt

After that, who knows.

We'll see what they give UO and UW, especially the Huskies. Seattle's a bigger media market than South Florida (#12 in market size, Miami ranks #18 in the Nielsen DMA ratings).

It's already been reported that Washington and Oregon are getting half-shares. Pull your head from your ******.

Better yet, just stop posting. You are wrong every time.

Advertisement
Back