MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Wait wait wait, so if Thamel's information is correct, that would mean that Washington and Oregon are NOT "already vetted and approved".

Hmmm, and people were wondering why I said that certain schools were LYING to create a false impression that everybody wanted them to join their various conferences...

Hilarious.

Advertisement
I believe Disney purchased the Fox MOVIE content, and maybe even some of the TV SHOWS, but they did not acquire the Fox broadcast network, or Fox Sports.

Big 10 will be on the Fox newwork, plus FS1 and FS2.

Disney acquired the 20th Century Fox properties, including the movie studios as well as the Fox TV networks that included the FX Networks as well as NatGeo. They also acquired the Fox Sports Networks but were forced to divest that property, which eventually became Bally Sports.

Fox Corporation retained the Fox broadcasting company (Fox OTA TV channel and MyTV) as well as Fox News and Fox Sports Media Group (FS1, FS2 and the Big Ten Network)

I didn’t read much of the dialogue. I just don’t think people need to insult people for differences of opinion if that’s what’s going on.

Wise man.

I tried to boil it down as much as possible, I put up two screenshots.

The double-digit poster gizzy just waded in here and started trashing multiple other posters. I gave him a backhand, and now he is mad and playing the victim.

All good. Nothing you haven't seen a few thousand times before.

And Disney has already approached a couple of professional leagues about taking an EQUITY stake in a spun-off ESPN. I would imagine that they'd be willing to offer that same deal to the SEC, but for the SEC's need to make annual cash distributions to member schools. So it's a tougher sell to "pay" the SEC a huge amount in ESPN stock instead of cash.

ESPN's main issue is declining profits. They still brought in $14 billion in revenue and $3 billion in profit, but those numbers are declining - and Wall Street wants growth.

I thought one of the hold ups originally with Oregon and Washington was that they needed to move with their respective state school “partner”

Advertisement
Wise man.

I tried to boil it down as much as possible, I put up two screenshots.

The double-digit poster gizzy just waded in here and started trashing multiple other posters. I gave him a backhand, and now he is mad and playing the victim.

All good. Nothing you haven't seen a few thousand times before.
You gave me a backhand? When did this happen? Didn’t know you put me in my place you old cuck. Don’t know who you think you intimidate on here 😂

Disney acquired the 20th Century Fox properties, including the movie studios as well as the Fox TV networks that included the FX Networks as well as NatGeo. They also acquired the Fox Sports Networks but were forced to divest that property, which eventually became Bally Sports.

Fox Corporation retained the Fox broadcasting company (Fox OTA TV channel and MyTV) as well as Fox News and Fox Sports Media Group (FS1, FS2 and the Big Ten Network)

Accurate. I am ashamed that, with my background, I did not have all the legal entities specified.

Excellent rundown, sir.

Wait wait wait, so if Thamel's information is correct, that would mean that Washington and Oregon are NOT "already vetted and approved".

Hmmm, and people were wondering why I said that certain schools were LYING to create a false impression that everybody wanted them to join their various conferences...

Hilarious.
The.Old.Cuck. Acting like he knows what’s going on again. Give it a rest bub

Advertisement
You gave me a backhand? When did this happen? Didn’t know you put me in my place you old cuck. Don’t know who you think you intimidate on here 😂
Having seen more than a few of these disagreements, I'll offer one piece of advice.

You're responding with emotion right now. Just walk away from this thread for a little while. It's that simple.

Advertisement
My question on the GOR is how was this $300 million number arrived at? Contracts can have a liquidated damage provision, but you have to have a basis for it. If you pull it out of thin air or it appears too high it can be deemed a penalty and void. Is this number based on what the conference/ESPN would lose if a team left? It's hard to believe that Miami, FSU and Clemson don't bring in more revenue that Duke or Wake Forest. In that case it makes more sense for a Duke to be the one that test the GOR because they may win. However, I can see Duke being left out in the cold if it is successful, and willing to leave things as they are.

I believe that someone has just calculated the "annual payout from ACC" times "number of years remaining".

However, as I mentioned a while back, ESPN only has rights for "home games". Thus, you should IMMEDIATELY cut the number in half, before doing anything additional.

Well,

1. ND brass r using the B1G payout as their guideline.

2. ND hired NBC’s former Exec as their AD to negotiate their TV deal. ND is ideally looking for a $75m/yr contract, but will settle for no less than $60m b/c

3. ND’s current AD Jack Swarbrick leveraged his relationship w/ UA via his son, Cal, who’s an exec there to get them to pay up. He used “a bidding war” as a means to force UA’s hand (although the conditions of the contract have not been released nor officially confirmed, as the tweet that went out was premature about ND having the richest apparel contract)

So let’s just say for instance ND gets the NBC contract at $60m + ≈$10m+ from UA, that’ll put them on par w/ the SEC & B1G payouts.

Domino 1 appears to have fallen w/ the nepotism between ND & UA, now the question is will Domino 2 fall w/ the cronyism between ND & NBC?

FYI, I have heard that ND will get the 75M if they have a Big 10 scheduling agreement in place.

So I wonder if NBC will set a range, $60M if the schedule is "all-ACC" and 75M if the schedule is "all-Big 10" and then somewhere between if it's a mix and/or a transitional year.

Advertisement
However this shakes out, I want to keep FSU on the schedule and add Florida as an annual opponent. Tired of those ***** up the Turnpike and their mouths running all **** day long. Drop a Bethune, idc. We want them Gaytors!

Except making those schedules will be much harder when the conferences with the schools we want to play are going to 1) already be playing very difficult schedules with plenty of viewership and likely want to schedule easier out of conference games and 2) will likely expand to 9 (or more) conference game schedules meaning one less out of conference game and #1 becomes even more important to them.

I definitely see 9 conference games, maybe even 10.

And before anyone says "but but but, the OOC games", I'd point out that the Big 2 will also be getting a lot of post-season revenue too. So that need to "score a big payday" off of an OOC game will not be as desperate.

If you go to 9 conference games, you'd see 1 "good" OOC game and 2 "revenue" games. Ten conference games probably puts that at 1 and 1. Gonna be hard to schedule any good rivalry games that are not already within the Big 2. UiF-F$U might go away, particularly if the Gaytors keep insisting on playing in Jacksonville.

FYI, I have heard that ND will get the 75M if they have a Big 10 scheduling agreement in place.

So I wonder if NBC will set a range, $60M if the schedule is "all-ACC" and 75M if the schedule is "all-Big 10" and then somewhere between if it's a mix and/or a transitional year.

Wowzers. Smh

Advertisement
Back