MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

FSU yesterday made it very clear that they won't stay in the ACC. It's just domino after domino at this point.

Plus, I find it laughable that people would think that Miami would be rejected out of the Big 10 when ******* Purdue has a spot.

They're expanding the Big 10 and make a southern division. They're getting the big guns from the south in terms of marketing and money and Miami has that. Every time Miami shoots up the rankings, people tune in.

Plus, to make it more fun, the theory that the ACC screwed FSU out of money with the streaming deal appears to be accurate, considering the Pac-12 tried to do the exact same thing a few days ago. Like, a carbon copy.

Advertisement
You really wanna act like I wasn't supporting Oregon, Stanford, AND Cal to the Big10, while you were on here trying to talk ****? The hilarity.

Personally I still would lean AT LEAST Clemson and UNC going SEC. Big10 full share is gunna be like $75M. Half share is still double what the Pac just got from Apple lol. So obviously they'd take it especially if in the future they had ability to become full rev share. Like I've BEEN saying Id pay Oregon, Washington, Stanford $100M before I would Rutgers and some other B10 schools.

ESPN is a cash strapped POS. They control the process more than the actual SEC schools do.

Advertisement
IMHO after what happened yesterday with FSU these are the possible scenarios:

Scenario #1: FSU is in total panic mode, various ACC teams want to get out from the conference but:
a) no one has figured out how
b) Nobody has a sure landing spot
FSU is making noise either to gauge the interest from other conferences (We are here, come and take us) or to get a more money from the ACC (How? I really don’t know)

Scenario #2: FSU gladly took the role of the leader of the group from the other not-pleased ACC teams who let the Noles do all the dirty work. What had to happen behind the scenes is already happened, we all figured out a way to get out from the ACC and the big dogs have a certain landing spot (all together or not).

Scenario #3: All posturing, no one is really going anywhere.

I’m sure there are others possible outcomes in play, feel free to add whatever you want.

All the FSU talk being public strikes me as pure posturing, trying to threaten a B1G move to get what they really want - ESPN to let them go from the GOR for an SEC move (or theoretically ESPN to renegotiate the ACC deal, which is realistically a nonstarter).

They may have a legitimate B1G offer or strong reason to expect one, but all this public noise can cost them the leverage they initially had

Advertisement
IMHO after what happened yesterday with FSU these are the possible scenarios:

Scenario #1: FSU is in total panic mode, various ACC teams want to get out from the conference but:
a) no one has figured out how
b) Nobody has a sure landing spot
FSU is making noise either to gauge the interest from other conferences (We are here, come and take us) or to get a more money from the ACC (How? I really don’t know)

Scenario #2: FSU gladly took the role of the leader of the group from the other not-pleased ACC teams who let the Noles do all the dirty work. What had to happen behind the scenes is already happened, we all figured out a way to get out from the ACC and the big dogs have a certain landing spot (all together or not).

Scenario #3: All posturing, no one is really going anywhere.

I’m sure there are others possible outcomes in play, feel free to add whatever you want.
Based on all of the talk around here, #2 sounds like it.

So many receipts on so many factually wrong takes, especially on several who are actually posting real bits of info that are being dismissed as insideritis. I can’t wait til this is over

RIP PAC12.

I’m glad Miami will be in the mix but I think this is all ripping apart the fabric of college football.

Benedict Cumberbatch Reaction GIF

Last edited:
All the FSU talk being public strikes me as pure posturing, trying to threaten a B1G move to get what they really want - ESPN to let them go from the GOR for an SEC move (or theoretically ESPN to renegotiate the ACC deal, which is realistically a nonstarter)
The problem I have with this is that ESPN won't pay more for what they already have if they don't fear losing FSU (or others) to the B1G.

I bet they know if the B1G is serious about adding ACC teams or not.

Advertisement
The problem I have with this is that ESPN won't pay more for what they already have if they don't fear losing FSU (or others) to the B1G.

I bet they know if the B1G is serious about adding ACC teams or not.
The main problem is that the ACCN does not generate sufficient profit for ESPN to bump the average media payout by more than $10 million per team ... and even then ACCN is operating at a breakeven. Nobody on a national level wants to watch 2/3 of the ACC games, they are not revenue generators. That is one reason why LITIGATION, negotiation, and settlement might be the most viable course of action because ESPN doesn't want to get into expensive litigation with ... potentially ... 8 programs that might want to bail. It all gets back to one attorney's comments on the GOR "irrevocable, but unenforceable? Somebody needs to cross the Rubicon and challenge it to find out".

Advertisement
The main problem is that the ACCN does not generate sufficient profit for ESPN to bump the average media payout by more than $10 million per team ... and even then ACCN is operating at a breakeven. Nobody on a national level wants to watch 2/3 of the ACC games, they are not revenue generators. That is one reason why LITIGATION, negotiation, and settlement might be the most viable course of action because ESPN doesn't want to get into expensive litigation with ... potentially ... 8 programs that might want to bail. It all gets back to one attorney's comments on the GOR "irrevocable, but unenforceable? Somebody needs to cross the Rubicon and challenge it to find out".
Yeah, I think it will all come to that sooner or later.

The problem right now (IMHO) is that there aren't 8 teams with a landing spot clearly better than the ACC. Maybe we can make projections about the Big 12 and the most desirable ACC teams after Clemson, FSU, Miami and UNC but I don't think we are at that point yet.

Not if eyeballs across the country begin to liken FSU-Miami to Iowa-Iowa St.

#HarshRealityUntilMiamiStartsWinningBigEVERYSeason
100% agree. This is what I said in short yesterday and some geriatric **** who is mad cause he can’t get his **** up anymore bashed me cause I’m not a seasoned poster on this here board.

Advertisement
Back