MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Yes, u & @Shogungts r correct; HOWEVER, it still made zero sense to negotiate a 20 yr contract, when The SEC had a 15 yr deal w/ CBS, The Big XII had a 13 yr deal w/ Fox, The PAC-12 had a 12 yr deal w/ Fox/ESPN, and the B1G had a 7 yr deal w/ Fox/ESPN.

Y in thee fock, especially regarding the #’s, would the ACC agree to a 20 yr deal, a deal that was less distribution than the PAC-12? Security be damned, there’s literally no justification. Their peers all laid the foundation of media rights deals b4 this conference got in to the game; not only did they pay the foundation or template, The ACC was legit the only other conference to push on the SEC. Yet, these fools brokered a deal like we were a G5 conference. There’s zero rationale to justify this.
Agreed, that's why I put in there "20 years???" That is just way too long. I didn't realize they do have look ins scheduled and the first one was in 2021 prior to the Big 10 agreements. Who knows when the next one is scheduled? The only thing the Canes can do is win as much as possible and hopefully get invited to a seat at the Big 10 or SEC feast.

Advertisement
. Greg says SEC/ESPN will pick FSU over Miami in the end. B1G would add Miami. All theoretical bc it may be tough to orchestrate 8 votes to leave in a timely fashion. ESPN would need to be the silent hand that makes it happen. I would prefer SEC bc of proximity and doubt we like seeing Miami play 2-3x on road late October and into November.

We may not like that in his scenario FSU gets picked before Miami by the SEC but I think his arguments are very valid.

Especially with the fact that SEC will eat first because ESPN is behind all of this, but to do that they need to make the other 4 teams happy with the landing spot and this is when B1G comes to the rescue.

This is in contrast to what very reliable posters are saying on here but I’m glad they are talking about Miami as a possible new addition for both B1G and SEC (not many schools can say that).

. Greg says SEC/ESPN will pick FSU over Miami in the end. B1G would add Miami. All theoretical bc it may be tough to orchestrate 8 votes to leave in a timely fashion. ESPN would need to be the silent hand that makes it happen. I would prefer SEC bc of proximity and doubt we like seeing Miami play 2-3x on road late October and into November.

It’s beautiful up here in October/November :)

It’s beautiful up here in October/November :)

North Face and Columbia stores down here like:
1661268044578.png

We may not like that in his scenario FSU gets picked before Miami by the SEC but I think his arguments are very valid.

Especially with the fact that SEC will eat first because ESPN is behind all of this, but to do that they need to make the other 4 teams happy with the landing spot and this is when B1G comes to the rescue.

This is in contrast to what very reliable posters are saying on here but I’m glad they are talking about Miami as a possible new addition for both B1G and SEC (not many schools can say that).
ESPN literally produced two 30 for 30s about Miami.

I find it hard to believe that if ESPN is truly behind all of this reshuffling that they wouldn't push to have Miami in their programming.

Advertisement
ESPN literally produced two 30 for 30s about Miami.

I find it hard to believe that if ESPN is truly behind all of this reshuffling that they wouldn't push to have Miami in their programming.
They let Herbstreit who was pushed by Vilma make a speech on College Game Day that very well may have saved the program. Every time Miami shows a pulse they start running with the headlines on whether or not 'Miami is back?'. ESPN does not hate us because the country doesnt hate us.

I don't know, I think his arguments are fun to listen to but highly unlikely. The SEC and BigTen are definitely going to compete for a couple of schools, chiefly UNC and UVA, if not also FSU, Clemson, Miami, and maybe GT. For the same reason the SEC isn't going to put ND in a box, since they know ND would join the B1G, neither SEC/BigTen are going to agree to break up the ACC to get 8, they both would want UNC and UVA at a minimum. SEC would probably be happy with VT and maybe NCSt, BigTen wouldn't be so they probably sit on expansion or just eat around the edges on schools that are willing to eat the GOR to join.

They let Herbstreit who was pushed by Vilma make a speech on College Game Day that very well may have saved the program. Every time Miami shows a pulse they start running with the headlines on whether or not 'Miami is back?'. ESPN does not hate us because the country doesnt hate us.

Totally agree.

Advertisement
I don't know, I think his arguments are fun to listen to but highly unlikely. The SEC and BigTen are definitely going to compete for a couple of schools, chiefly UNC and UVA, if not also FSU, Clemson, Miami, and maybe GT. For the same reason the SEC isn't going to put ND in a box, since they know ND would join the B1G, neither SEC/BigTen are going to agree to break up the ACC to get 8, they both would want UNC and UVA at a minimum. SEC would probably be happy with VT and maybe NCSt, BigTen wouldn't be so they probably sit on expansion or just eat around the edges on schools that are willing to eat the GOR to join.
Yeah, you’re not wrong either.

Actually there is no right or wrong as of now, it is all speculations. To be fair his premise is that the ACC is gonna implode and the SEC will eat first (and second, third etc.), it is an unlikely scenario because all of the scenarios look unlikely at this point IMHO.

Oregon apparently in Chicago today discussing with the B1G Commisioner their joining the B1G.

They need more WC schools to go with USC and UCLA. Could just take UO, or UO and Washington, or add in Stanford and Cal as well.

Who is reporting Oregon is in Chicago?

I see the B1G expanding more to the West Coast. They have four viable teams to pick from out there. Would help their "footprint."

Advertisement
2-3 more West Coast schools for B1G and 1-2 from Mid-Atlantic area make most sense to me

I really think 20 is their target

Even their Commissioner mentioned 20

Aranda said he expects the big 12 to expand. They can't hang around as a ten (edit/ 12 team once the G5 teams join) team conference and get any sort of media value or quality bowl placements without Texas and Oklahoma if B1G and SEC get to 20 adding quality teams and media markets.

Question will be do they load up on pac 12 scraps and that conference folds, or do they load up on ACC scraps and that conference folds, or some of both. I imagine they go after Utah/colorado and AZ/AZ first if they look west, If they look to add east top choices are probably Louisville/Pitt/Vatech/NCst assuming UVA/UNC/Miami/Clem/FSU/GT are B1G/SEC takes.

Cheering for the ACC to fold, no ACC no GOR.

Last edited:
Aranda said he expects the big 12 to expand. They can't hang around as a ten (edit/ 12 team once the G5 teams join) team conference and get any sort of media value or quality bowl placements without Texas and Oklahoma if B1G and SEC get to 20 adding quality teams and media markets.

Question will be do they load up on pac 12 scraps and that conference folds, or do they load up on ACC scraps and that conference folds, or some of both. I imagine they go after Utah/colorado and AZ/AZ first if they look west, If they look to add east top choices are probably Louisville/Pitt/Vatech/NCst assuming UVA/UNC/Miami/Clem/FSU/GT are B1G/SEC takes.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the Big 12 is already in advanced talks with those Pac 12 schools you mentioned.

The funny thing is that last year that conference basically imploded after UT/OU left, now it looks like Pac 12 and ACC are weaker than the Big 12 as they are well positioned to be the third power conference when it is all said and done.

Advertisement

Reading this, and the previous posts about the ACC tv deal, and I can't help but be dumbfounded at how incompetent the ACC is. Think about it, the Big 12 has been on life support since Nebraska and Colorado bolted. 10+ years later; aTm, Texas, and OU are leaving too. However, Colorado is going back to the Big 12, and probably bringing 3-5 Pac 12 schools with them. Meanwhile, the ACC is about to go extinct.

yeezy GIF

Reading this, and the previous posts about the ACC tv deal, and I can't help but be dumbfounded at how incompetent the ACC is. Think about it, the Big 12 has been on life support since Nebraska and Colorado bolted. 10+ years later; aTm, Texas, and OU are leaving too. However, Colorado is going back to the Big 12, and probably bringing 3-5 Pac 12 schools with them. Meanwhile, the ACC is about to go extinct.

yeezy GIF
As it should. Poor leadership and decisions have to get punished. This is why ACC ADs should be working like crazy right now, the writing is on the wall, and it says power 4 conferences and one is done, with fingers pointing toward ACC.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the Big 12 is already in advanced talks with those Pac 12 schools you mentioned.

The funny thing is that last year that conference basically imploded after UT/OU left, now it looks like Pac 12 and ACC are weaker than the Big 12 as they are well positioned to be the third power conference when it is all said and done.
Could be. I am not sure how advanced pac 12 talks will be until they find out their fate with a couple more teams looking to move to B1G/SEC. There is a way for the PAC to survive if Oregon/UW/Stanford/Cal stay, and adding a couple schools like SDSU and UNR/Boise St. They will be the weak conference, but they already kind of are and they have a built in timezone advantage as it relates to viewership and media market size. The product may not be as good, but there isn't any competition for west coast viewers at 6 pm pacific.

I think the Big12, if they add the right 4 schools right away (louisville, NC ST, Vatech, Pitt) can grasp the 3rd best conference spot. That gets them to 16 teams once the G5 teams come in and Texas OSU leave, with 4 spots for the best remaining when b1g/sec fill up.

Advertisement
Back