Concerning G5 opening

Advertisement
Would be a step down. Another year of success here at the U and he can write his ticket to better P5 school.
Bet he'd take it if they made the money work. Anderson made roughly $900k. We could probably offer Lashlee a raise to around $1.5 million (if he's not already there) and keep him around.

Layne Hatcher as a sophomore QB though... he could do some damage there and place himself in contention for a big job and be close to his hometown. Tough call.

Advertisement
Bet he'd take it if they made the money work. Anderson made roughly $900k. We could probably offer Lashlee a raise to around $1.5 million (if he's not already there) and keep him around.

Layne Hatcher as a sophomore QB though... he could do some damage there and place himself in contention for a big job and be close to his hometown. Tough call.
900K in Ar-Kansas is like 3.5 Million in Miami........
Seriously though, who the **** would want to leave Miami for Arkansas?!?! I mean, it's arkansas.

Arkansas State is kinda like that Temple job in that it's a stepping stone to a better position. I don't see Lashlee getting top tier P5 offers, and if he does, it'll be at a punching bag school that never wins.

He can follow in his mentors footsteps by taking the AK State job and parlay that into a better gig after getting some HC experience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
900K in Ar-Kansas is like 3.5 Million in Miami........
Seriously though, who the **** would want to leave Miami for Arkansas?!?! I mean, it's arkansas.
I think the amenities of the destination have little to do with the decision making process for a first year head coach. The thought process is, "How does this head coaching job at school X get me to the job I really want?"

Advertisement
Would be a step down. Another year of success here at the U and he can write his ticket to better P5 school.
In a typical situation would agree but pretty sure Rhett is from Arky, so he has ties and intimate knowledge, I think he coached there for a year also with Malzahn as Malzahn made same transition from OC (some has reservations to hire directly to HC so he went to cut his chops) to HC so he has intimate knowledge of the school and probably has idea how he could win there and spring board to better job. He knows the area, sure he could recruit or feels like he can as he understands it and even though its lower its still a HC job.. Not as bad as it looks if you understand the background and former connections directly with the school

Advertisement
Back