Concept Canes helmet

Advertisement
Coaches will be wearing helmets on the sideline starting this season, so I think these concept helmets are ideal.

duncecap.jpg

'Bama, LSU, Ohio Taint, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Nebraska, USC, The Bulldogs, even the Turds, will wear throw-backs occasionally, change up the unis just a little, but never mess with the helmet.
There's a reason why their athletic programs are more successful than ours and it isn't just money and the size of the fan base.

You're right. One of those reasons is they don't occasionally wear different uniforms!

Someone get this man's resume to the Miami athletic department stat.

Those programs embrace their tradition, not run from it. They understand what it is that got them there and will not change things just to change things. I think that our BOT is embarrassed by our history and do not have the same sense of it that those of us who have followed, and loved the school for 30, 40, and even 50 or more years(like me) have.

Advertisement
'Bama, LSU, Ohio Taint, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Nebraska, USC, The Bulldogs, even the Turds, will wear throw-backs occasionally, change up the unis just a little, but never mess with the helmet.
There's a reason why their athletic programs are more successful than ours and it isn't just money and the size of the fan base.

You're right. One of those reasons is they don't occasionally wear different uniforms!

Someone get this man's resume to the Miami athletic department stat.

Those programs embrace their tradition, not run from it. They understand what it is that got them there and will not change things just to change things. I think that our BOT is embarrassed by our history and do not have the same sense of it that those of us who have followed, and loved the school for 30, 40, and even 50 or more years(like me) have.

LOL yeah that's why Miami won 6 games last year and **** the bed in pretty much every meaningful game the past 4 years. Because the BOT is embarrassed about Miami's past.

Those ********, running from the past by offering up alternative uniforms!

You really are a ******. If the people that run this university were interested in competing for championships again, they would take the steps necessary to make it happen, instead of making constant, chicken**** changes to our brand. Everything they have done over the last dozen years says that they are content with mediocrity as long as the APR remains high, the players stay out of jail, and that welfare check from the ACC keeps rolling in.

Advertisement
You really are a ******. If the people that run this university were interested in competing for championships again, they would take the steps necessary to make it happen, instead of making constant, chicken**** changes to our brand. Everything they have done over the last dozen years says that they are content with mediocrity as long as the APR remains high, the players stay out of jail, and that welfare check from the ACC keeps rolling in.

Two different arguments. I'm not sure what uniforms have to do with the failure of that last 12 years.

The players that had the attitude you want the administration to embrace did everything in their power to make themselves standout. And a couple of towels. Wear a bandana. The skill players wore legging/tights with each leg being both orange and white when we played on turf fields or when it was cold. They would've embraced new uniforms and helmets.

Miami fans being traditionalist while talking about the past that featured players and a style that was anything but...ridiculous. The administration is bad, but comparing Miami to Nebraska, Texas, Ohio State and wanting to be like them and other traditional powers completely misses what Miami football was.

Last edited:

Two different arguments. I'm not sure what uniforms have to do with the failure of that last 12 years.

The players that had the attitude you want the administration to embrace did everything in their power to make themselves standout. And a couple of towels. Wear a bandana. The skill players wore legging/tights with each leg being both orange and white when we played on turf fields or when it was cold. They would've embraced new uniforms and helmets.

Miami fans being traditionalist while talking about the past that featured players and a style that was anything but...ridiculous. The administration is bad, but comparing Miami to Nebraska, Texas, Ohio State and wanting to be like them and other traditional powers completely misses what Miami football was.

We are not Nebraska, Ohio State, Texas, etc. etc. We created our own, unique identity, that the powers that be would like to see disappear, becoming a footnote in history. I'm not talking about the boorish behavior exhibited at The Cotton Bowl and elsewhere 25 years ago. The 2000-03 teams displayed none of that, yet they were right at home in the Pantheon of greatness the Hurricanes built in the 1980's.
The feckless and unfocused behavior of the BOT and the Admin. toward our athletic program in the last dozen years has succeeded in scrubbing our past to the point where we are nearly unrecognizable. We have become nothing more than a cool ESPN documentary.
If they (you?) are not happy with that identity, then what? Who should we be? Right now we are drifting aimlessly.

Advertisement
Back