Compressed Game

Advertisement
Crazy how you sit in front of your TV or go sit in a stadium and pay 30 for parking just to watch 17 mins of football.

Advertisement
Just as painful the 2nd time around.

Their S Hunter is a liability
We lost a lot when Bush had to leave the game, Carter was a step slow
Still don't understand why we didn't play more nickel packages.
We aren't very creative in our blitz packages.
FSU called the screen to Cook at the perfect time.
FSU batted down 3 balls that would have been huge gain. Dorsett would have gotten 1st down. Yearby had 15 yards of open space.
Ramsey took over that game defensively.
Dobard just flat dropped the ball.

Still ****ed off.

Advertisement

FSU batted down 3 balls that would have been huge gain. Dorsett would have gotten 1st down. Yearby had 15 yards of open space.

Still ****ed off.

We don't disguise our blitzes for crap. They are so obvious ever single time.

Still ****ed off.

This.

Very concerning

Advertisement
So for those with the stomach to watch...

did we or did we not go "conservative" in the 2nd half?

jesus that was hard to watch. but no, i can say with some conviction that "going conservative" didn't happen in the 2nd half.

theres hardly ever A reason for a loss. plenty of blame to go around. for everything we did 'bad', FSU just plenty 'bad', too.

cant even get mad about the tip by #17 for a FSU TD, because #1 for FSU dropped an easy TD the play before.

#4 Fumbled for FSU. #3 Fumbled for FSU(on the kickoff) We fumbled twice as well.

big mistakes were:

1. our two fumbles

2. #83 not making that catch(drive ended with missed FG..i know it wasnt a gimme catch, but big game, big players, big plays!)

3. our penalty on the 3rd down after we recovered the fumble on the kickoff(#3 had the first down on that play, ended up settling for a FG)

4. missed FG & blocked XP

the rest...its just football. tackles will be missed. guys will break open. **** happens. ****, its all football.

hurts to watch. we had it.

beat UVA

Quick things I noticed:
-Kaaya did bad on deep-deepish passes. Missing Coley was just unacceptable.
-He also had waay to many balls batted down. ex) 3rd and 7, when he's trying to throw to rb in the flat, he's gotta get it over the dl's head.
-Duke was cramping alot, but when he was in he ran really hard, and well. Only 1 run I thought he missed the hole.
-On that final drive, Yearby should have gotten at least a 15 yard run on that draw play. the hole was so open for him.
-The 4th down play call was terrible, IMO.
-Too many screens on 3rd and 8-12. I really dislike wr quick screens on 3rd and long.
-Defense missed way too many tackles.
-Grace was getting a lot of pressure on winston.
-Perryman wasn't very good in coverage. After halfThey kept on running those in routes, and he kept getting beat.
-Walford had a good game.
-refs missed so many holding calls. and one crucial PI non-call.
-Dobard really f-ed up.

So for those with the stomach to watch...

did we or did we not go "conservative" in the 2nd half?

No, it just seemed like our drives weren't doing well becuase Kaaya got important throws knocked down, and when he did throw deep, he overthrew his guy.
But, there were too many screens on 3rd down IMO, so maybe you can view that as being conservative.

Advertisement
The result sucked balls, but that was a good football game. We got a **** good team, how the **** are we 6-4?!?!

it's easy to play Monday-morning quarterback but I really wish they would have went for it on 4th and 2 before we missed the field goal. everything was rolling in our favor and I really think we get 2 yards on 4th down. FSU couldn't stop a nose bleed in that first half.

Crap! Ended the same way. Thanks. Not that painful. We are not inferior to them. They made one more play than us and got very lucky tip. I choose to be positive this week. We will see what UVA brings us.

FWIW, I know a lot of people are down on WR Coley but after this game I don't have any doubt he will have a big JR year. FSU couldn't stay with him. He needs a good offseason in the weight room and work with Kaaya. I will be surprised if he doesn't get 1000 yards next year.

Advertisement
Back