Completion %

That was the clear difference in this game

View attachment 266377

That was the clear difference in this game

View attachment 266377

The difference was talent and coaching.

Mark Fletcher is a great fullback, (a poor mans James Wilder...), Maguioa is a big time LB, and your TEs block well and all, but turn off the cognitive bias and caneshades.

Trey Benson's elite speed on one play, Keon Colemans punt return and touchdown, (but, but Colbie Young has more yards durrrrrrr is Coleman really that good durr?), Kam Kitchens (this kid is good but pressing) ignoring Jakhi Douglas on the long TD play because Keon Coleman exists, and most importantly FSUs competence as a coaching staff. (I do hope Guidry goes to LSU though... that guy is good)

Reality is FSU is elite against the pass and terrible against the run. (Undersized front and CBs) Even Southern Miss ripped off some big runs outside... big fooking deal.

Also, FSUs OL is really good at pass blocking (without max protect like some teams...) and terrible at run blocking, so Norvell is getting too cute with playcalling like that new formation with 4 WRs on one side and running a speed option run on the short hash that didnt work at all...

When running counter 30 times a game failed he adapted.... but Mario smash when angry then smash again cuz angry and confused must keep smassh grrrrrr.....!

Game wasnt much different than BC, VT and other "trash" teams FSU has played. FSU is comfortable playing close games and situational football. (Look at the redzone stats.) Also BCs QB is no joke, soon you will see...

And for all the conspiracy theory bros, the ACC doesnt need to help Miami stay irrelevant... Do you wacth any ACC games? Dont confuse incompetence with malice.

The safety call was hilarious, but they made up by not calling the obvious interception by Greedy Vance and the obvious targeting penalty by that clown James Williams. He also snatched Jordan Travis' chain off on that play, it was hilarious! He really is the epitome of Miami football right now! Same trash at the end of the NC State game with him. Undisciplined moron trying to give the offense a free 15 yard penalty at every opportunity.

This board is Nole gold. The Noles Tear thread turning into a Canes Tear thread, the Jerimiah Smith 2.0 thread (FSU probably not getting him unless he transfers from OSU though), the Blount thread, the crying about FSU NIL when Noles247 ws crying about John Ruiz last year, Dmoneys homer cubano sandwich practice reports and Lehman Bros recruiting analysis. The gator tears. It never ends. You guys are hilarious!

I really want Miami undefeated when we play them too one day...

Perhaps a labor day game will happen in the next 10 years...

(I take special needs education seriously, so apologies to anyone triggered by anything I said about Mario or James Williams. Diversity is our strength!)

Advertisement

Mark Fletcher is a great fullback, (a poor mans James Wilder...), Maguioa is a big time LB, and your TEs block well and all, but turn off the cognitive bias and caneshades.

Trey Benson's elite speed on one play, Keon Colemans punt return and touchdown, (but, but Colbie Young has more yards durrrrrrr is Coleman really that good durr?), Kam Kitchens (this kid is good but pressing) ignoring Jakhi Douglas on the long TD play because Keon Coleman exists, and most importantly FSUs competence as a coaching staff. (I do hope Guidry goes to LSU though... that guy is good)

Reality is FSU is elite against the pass and terrible against the run. (Undersized front and CBs) Even Southern Miss ripped off some big runs outside... big fooking deal.

Also, FSUs OL is really good at pass blocking (without max protect like some teams...) and terrible at run blocking, so Norvell is getting too cute with playcalling like that new formation with 4 WRs on one side and running a speed option run on the short hash that didnt work at all...

When running counter 30 times a game failed he adapted.... but Mario smash when angry then smash again cuz angry and confused must keep smassh grrrrrr.....!

Game wasnt much different than BC, VT and other "trash" teams FSU has played. FSU is comfortable playing close games and situational football. (Look at the redzone stats.) Also BCs QB is no joke, soon you will see...

And for all the conspiracy theory bros, the ACC doesnt need to help Miami stay irrelevant... Do you wacth any ACC games? Dont confuse incompetence with malice.

The safety call was hilarious, but they made up by not calling the obvious interception by Greedy Vance and the obvious targeting penalty by that clown James Williams. He also snatched Jordan Travis' chain off on that play, it was hilarious! He really is the epitome of Miami football right now! Same trash at the end of the NC State game with him. Undisciplined moron trying to give the offense a free 15 yard penalty at every opportunity.

This board is Nole gold. The Noles Tear thread turning into a Canes Tear thread, the Jerimiah Smith 2.0 thread (FSU probably not getting him unless he transfers from OSU though), the Blount thread, the crying about FSU NIL when Noles247 ws crying about John Ruiz last year, Dmoneys homer cubano sandwich practice reports and Lehman Bros recruiting analysis. The gator tears. It never ends. You guys are hilarious!

(I take special needs education seriously, so apologies to anyone triggered by anything I said about Mario or James Williams. Diversity is our strength!)
Yeah, I'd be ****ed if I was a noles fan and my team struggled mightily against a 6-4 team starting a freshman quarterback.

Yup. End of the day, they were better. Not by much, but they were better. And it’s mostly cause the dude they had under center was a lot more efficient than the dude we did. Not entirely, but you switch QBs and Miami wins. Pretty simple.

However, that’s the name of the game. The team that plays the best usually wins lol

Yeah, but this “if” game wasn’t done when we lost to a Dalvin Cook led FSU squad in 2016 20-19. It appears this “if” game has been conveniently used to excuse certain ****.

Yeah, but this “if” game wasn’t done when we lost to a Dalvin Cook led FSU squad in 2016 20-19. It appears this “if” game has been conveniently used to excuse certain ****.

Mannnn, idk about that. Most of this board is in full meltdown mode. There are a couple "if" posts but the vast majority of this place right now wouldn't **** on Mario if he was on fire. I don't see any difference between now and then but I wasn't around much back in those days so maybe you're right.

Advertisement

IMG_1792.gif

I'm convinced we get there with even average QB play with probably even a decent chance at being undefeated. Good QB play, in my opinion, gets us to undefeated almost assuredly.
Allow me to add this.... we would get more W's if we get that average QB play and complement it with a decent running game. Especially if our QB is predictable and inconsistent. However, the playbook is considerably different with a stellar QB.

Allow me to add this.... we would get more W's if we get that average QB play and complement it with a decent running game. Especially if our QB is predictable and inconsistent. However, the playbook is considerably different with a stellar QB.
100% we would be talking about our RB room is so good because how much better they would run on light boxes because teams would be committing less to the box to respect the pass.

Advertisement
I hate when we beat ourselves, love this JJ quote:

"Like I always say, it's not how many great plays you make; it's how few bad ones you make. I know fans, and even some losing coaches, are enamored with long pass completions or the great run plays, but that doesn't offset the interception or the fumble."

Jimmy Johnson

JJ felt you beat yourself more often then got beat by an opponent. Two of my favorite QB's ever was Steve Walsh at the U and Bob Griese with the Fins. They simply won games by playing error free. No spectacular long passes or gain yards via a scramble, just solid and no errors. As much fun as Dan Marino was to watch, Griese won more championships, as spectacular as John Unitas was Bart Star won championships. I think Emory might be in the mold of champions, few errors.

I hate when we beat ourselves, love this JJ quote:

"Like I always say, it's not how many great plays you make; it's how few bad ones you make. I know fans, and even some losing coaches, are enamored with long pass completions or the great run plays, but that doesn't offset the interception or the fumble."

Jimmy Johnson

JJ felt you beat yourself more often then got beat by an opponent. Two of my favorite QB's ever was Steve Walsh at the U and Bob Griese with the Fins. They simply won games by playing error free. No spectacular long passes or gain yards via a scramble, just solid and no errors. As much fun as Dan Marino was to watch, Griese won more championships, as spectacular as John Unitas was Bart Star won championships. I think Emory might be in the mold of champions, few errors.
:u5pyxda:

@RVACane did we finally find the right combo of meds for him? He's been on fire!

Advertisement
Emory had ALL DAY to throw, again, just like TVD has all year, and we still completed 33% of our passes. Absolutely disgusting QB play since the GT game man, makes me sick to my stomach.

Dawson let him throw it some, too. First drive of the game from your own 2 yard line on 1st down, he's got buddy standing back there waiting to take a deep shot. And the ball was nowhere close to Colbie. 3rd and 6 from the 6, nothing conservative there either, has him dropping back to the goal line and waiting on a middle breaking route that's WIDE OPEN. Dreadful throw. I'm sure the kid was nervous, and he did make a few OK throws, obviously the 85 yarder to George shouldn't have gone for 85 yards but it was still a very well thrown ball. The fade to George for the TD was a pretty simple throw but still it was perfectly placed and on time (what a gorgeous, patient route too. Shoutout JG and Kevin Beard, that thing was pretty).

But he threw the ball 23 times for 175 yards. 2 of the passes went for 85 and 43.

So that means he threw 21 passes that gained a total of 47 yards the rest of the game. Brutal.
At some point the blame lands on the OC/QB coach lol

I always love it when people look back at games and say we would've won had we only done this. Does that mean the other team does nothing better? They didn't play mistake free or to their potential either. It's a pointless discussion by and large.

Advertisement

This is an FSU fan that is realizing that her team is in trouble. Got smashed by UM at the line of scrimmage and Travis looked like dog s@*t. Chick brings up a targeting call when there we're about 5 bad calls against UM. Enjoy your ride because next year is going to be painful for you guys. LOL

Miami would be 9-1 with good QB play this year. UNC bent our defense over so I'm not going to give us a win in that one but every other loss would have been an easy win with just average QB play.
I don't think that UNC game was as bad as it looks.

Our defense got run on in the second half but they were killing it in the first half. We were a few bad breaks from having a whole different game.

Consider these three plays in the first half...

- We fumble at the one and lose the ball. 50-50 ball and that is 7 point swing.

- We cause fumble in the end zone on a strip sack and not only do they recover it, they actually gain yardage. Again a 7 point swing.

- We put heavy pressure on the QB and causes him to throw a duck. We have two people in position to intercept it and they bump each other off the play. That would have already been in FG range.

With just a little different karma that day, we could have been going into the half up at least 17 points. Then UNC has to play from behind instead of grinding us down with a ground game. On that day in particular, our pass rush had a good game but we struggled with the run in the second half.

It could have been a very different day with just a few bounces.

I don't think that UNC game was as bad as it looks.

Our defense got run on in the second half but they were killing it in the first half. We were a few bad breaks from having a whole different game.

Consider these three plays in the first half...

- We fumble at the one and lose the ball. 50-50 ball and that is 7 point swing.

- We cause fumble in the end zone on a strip sack and not only do they recover it, they actually gain yardage. Again a 7 point swing.

- We put heavy pressure on the QB and causes him to throw a duck. We have two people in position to intercept it and they bump each other off the play. That would have already been in FG range.

With just a little different karma that day, we could have been going into the half up at least 17 points. Then UNC has to play from behind instead of grinding us down with a ground game. On that day in particular, our pass rush had a good game but we struggled with the run in the second half.

It could have been a very different day with just a few bounces.
I agree. That game was a couple bounces from being a victory but I can't pin that loss solely on poor QB play like I can the other three losses. ****, besides the two picks, TVD had a big game with 4 TDs and 391 yards. If Miami wins that game, nobody cares about the two picks.

I always love it when people look back at games and say we would've won had we only done this. Does that mean the other team does nothing better? They didn't play mistake free or to their potential either. It's a pointless discussion by and large.
I don't think it is pointless but it depends on what the point is.

There is no point in playing what-if in order to cope or create an alternate reality.

However, there is a point in evaluating what is wrong with your team and what needs fixing.

Getting dominated for 60 minutes is not the same kind of loss as one where you just miss out on a couple if key plays. The former is a disaster and might mean the entire team needs to be blown up and rebuilt. The latter is a chance to be better with just a few changes.

Advertisement
Back