Completion %

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
That was the clear difference in this game

1700151395512.png

Advertisement
Miami would be 9-1 with good QB play this year. UNC bent our defense over so I'm not going to give us a win in that one but every other loss would have been an easy win with just average QB play.

Advertisement
Said it before and I will say it again..If Miami had an good QB (or even just above average), we would be undefeated and top 5. Cristobal needs to figure out the QB situation for next year otherwise we will be wasting a **** ton of talent.
More than ever, it has to be quite clear to everyone, that QB is by far and away the most important position on the field.

This 2023 Canes team serves as more proof.

Advertisement
I would argue that, punt return yards, and avg start of drive yard marker.

If Coleman doesn’t break that big return and if they’re punter doesn’t have the day of his life and pin us all day. We win.
I rewatched the FSU game from last year yesterday just to see if I misremembered how bad Brown was, since I’ve seen a lot of people saying he was terrible.

What I didn’t remember was how good their punter was in last year’s game, too. Two of his three punts downed inside the 3, just an absolute weapon.

We lost the game because of the 2 chances we had a chance to really steal and keep momentum our gameplan was to settle for field goals.

Last drive of the first half: 1st and 10 from FSU 31. 1:20 to go and 2 timeouts. We only got off 5 plays including getting stuffed from 3rd and 1 from the 4 yard line. Settled for field goal. 6 plays for 22 yards

1st drive of 2nd half. Recover onside kick at FSU 47. 5 plays for 14 yards (first play was a 20 yard run too. So lost 6 yards the next 3 plays). Settled for field goal.

Both those drives should have been Dawson's time to pull out his best plays and completely take momentum by going up 21-10 instead of 13-10.

Advertisement
Miami would be 9-1 with good QB play this year. UNC bent our defense over so I'm not going to give us a win in that one but every other loss would have been an easy win with just average QB play.

Cut the turnovers in half and it’s a different game.

We have been in every game and beat two talented teams we weren’t expected to.

Really missed a huge opportunity to change the perception and trajectory of this program with all the mistakes.

The relevant point is that there were a number of throws/plays up the middle on 3rd down that should have been completed. QB had time and WR was over coming across. He also threw behind a few slants that could have gone for TD's (Brashard at end of first half and George in 2nd half). Game changers.

I'm convinced we get there with even average QB play with probably even a decent chance at being undefeated. Good QB play, in my opinion, gets us to undefeated almost assuredly.

Advertisement
Some would argue that the 4-0 turnovers in that game had alot to do with it, I think we fumbled goin in and had another turnover when driving early, while alos giving them another right on doorstep of their endzone.. Defense has played one bad quarter and it was in that game tho..

Advertisement
Back